Author Topic: Remains of Heir have been found and Identified  (Read 90513 times)

Offline Alexander_IV

• Boyar
    • View Profile
Re: Remains of Heir may have been found.
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2007, 10:49:01 PM »
Heh, I was really excited 1 or 2 weeks ago when they first talked about the possible discovery
But then I didn't hear from it afterwards so I thought it was another false rumour.

So I'm still a bit sceptical about it all, although the news sources seem to be a bit more reliable this time :p
Guess I'll hear about it tomorrow. Gotta go to sleep now (almost morning here, can already hear the trams riding :p)

Offline Annie

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Anna Anderson Exposed!
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2007, 10:56:30 PM »
I know about mtDNA and how it's inherited. And I know nuclear DNA of monozygote twins are the same.
But all I'm saying is that the entire mtDNA genome isn't necessarily 100% identical since mutations can always happen in the individual. Although probably very rare, they still can occur.
I just used the twins as an example that even in that case, there can be a difference in mtDNA

As I said, I'm not sure about it but I'll check my genetics course tomorrow and I'll get back to you :)

What kind of 'mutations' are you talking about, a chimera?

This article tells how mtDNA cannot tell siblings apart just like I said

The two daughters were only a year apart, and DNA testing cannot distinguish between siblings. Most Russian scientists believe the missing daughter was Maria, and scientific tests have indicated the bones of Anastasia were among the remains buried. *actually 2 years apart

http://www.hdnews.net/Story/p0719_BC_Russia_CzarsSon_2ndLd_Writethru_08_23_0954

Offline mikeycoleman

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2007, 11:28:13 PM »
This is big news.

I am curious about two things:

1-  Why did they find broken jars in the grave?  Yurovsky doesn't mention trying to disfigure the corpses with acid, nor would it have been necessary after being burned.

2-  What is the condition of the remains, specifically the skulls?  That was a big issue with facial reconstruction on bodies from the original grave.  The bones were so broken that it couldn't be accurate.  If the female skull in this grave is not as broken (and it very well may be as the killers never mentioned that they drove over that grave), a more accurate reconstruction could be done.

Just a question:  How many people think the government knew where this grave was all along, and allowed it to be "found"?  I think this is what happened with the first grave.

Mikey

Offline dmitri

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2007, 12:46:32 AM »
You are welcome to your opinion. I doubt very many will agree with you.

Offline Lanie

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2007, 12:47:44 AM »
This has all been planned, everyone will see the remains found are not of the two children everything is fixing to lead up to something bigger and even more unexpected than any of the general public realizes. This is just a diversion to lead everyone away from the area or countries where they both died under different names, alexi in 2003 and anastasia in 1988. :-X

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Get a life, dude.

Offline dmitri

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2007, 12:53:56 AM »
The discovery of the remains is very exciting news. Strange how those who cannot cope with the news are starting to come out of the woodwork. Roll on the DNA results!

Offline dmitri

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2007, 01:03:36 AM »
Hmm what are you on Hidden? It seems you are hallucinating.

Offline Damie

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2007, 01:11:15 AM »
This is exciting and hopeful news! I share everyone's enthusiasm and cautious optimism both. Forgive me if I also share my suspicion that we have some smart alecky and half-mad Bolsheviks trolling in the "Palace!"   
Your own soul is nourished when you are kind; it is destroyed when you are cruel.

-King Solomon

Offline dmitri

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2007, 01:14:54 AM »
They must be very lost Bolsheviks!!! Are they dancing the time warp?

Offline Annie

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Anna Anderson Exposed!
« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2007, 01:18:38 AM »
This is exciting and hopeful news! I share everyone's enthusiasm and cautious optimism both. Forgive me if I also share my suspicion that we have some smart alecky and half-mad Bolsheviks trolling in the "Palace!"   

We do have a troll or two, but they're not Bolsheviks, more like fans of a certain Polish peasant ;) We have to expect this, of course the ones who don't want to believe this news are going to cook up all kinds of wild theories. I don't believe there's any kind of Russian suppression, if anything, this revelation most likely means the find is genuine, because they'd want to be sure before they released any info. There is no coverup, sorry 'hidden.'
« Last Edit: August 24, 2007, 01:21:56 AM by Annie »

Offline Annie

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Anna Anderson Exposed!
« Reply #40 on: August 24, 2007, 01:23:23 AM »
They must be very lost Bolsheviks!!! Are they dancing the time warp?

Time warp? Oh don't give them any ideas, next thing you know they'll say the aliens went back in time and switched the bodies, no, gave them medicine that changes their DNA! :o ;)

Offline dmitri

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 24, 2007, 01:24:30 AM »
Yes it is very interesting that Anna Anderson has been described as the Polish peasant Fransizka Schankowska in all the new articles about the discovery of the remains.

Offline dmitri

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 24, 2007, 01:47:17 AM »
Nothing much like a novel to most people. This isn't fiction at all. Test results on factual remains will soon reveal DNA information proving identity one way or another.

Offline dmitri

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 24, 2007, 02:00:07 AM »
amazing how you are doubting the remains before they are even tested .. that's quite bizarre - wait until the results are in before you start speculating

Offline dmitri

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 24, 2007, 02:17:37 AM »
Hidden if you doubt the validity of the remains you should take your messages to the "survivor" section of the forum as you seem to believe in that rather than discussing the real Alexis.