Author Topic: Formal Press Release from Ekaterinburg  (Read 84262 times)

Offline mikeycoleman

• View Profile
Re: Formal Press Release from Ekaterinburg
« Reply #150 on: August 30, 2007, 11:25:21 PM »

Lexi

There is SUBSTANIAL genuine evidence, non circumstantial, and I repeat them here for about the sixth time in the forum:

So, here is what we know, for certain, pending the DNA results:

1. Two bodies have been found. Two bodies were missing.
2.  A male of the correct age and female of the correct age were found.
3.  These two bodies were found 70 metres from the mass burial site.
4.  Yurovsky accurately described the exact location where the bodies were found.
5.  Nagant bullets were found with the remains, which EXACTLY match the same Nagant bullets from the mass burial site.
6.  Pieces of japanese jars containing japanese made sulfuric acid were found which EXACTLY match the pieces of similar jars found in the                  mass burial site
7.  Yurovsky et al all describe the procuring and use of this acid during the attempted burning and burial process.
8.  Large amounts of burnt material and ash were found at the same layer as the remains.  This is further consistent with all known accounts.
9.  A piece of clothing (called a dress fragment) was found.  From "Last Act of a Tragedy":
"G.I. Sukhorukov, who was assigned to go help dispose of the corpses of the Royal Family the next morning. On April 3, 1928 his memoir:... "It was necessary to begin digging up the corpses (after the attempt to burn them the previous night)...the first thing we came across was the leg of the last Nicholas.  He was removed successfully, and then all the others. To be precise, it can be said that everybody was naked, except for the heir, who had on a sailor shirt but no trousers."
[/quote]

Okay, okay, okay, that is more than circumstantial evidence!  LOL  The DNA evidence, which hasn't been done yet, will make it definitive.

Offline Belochka

• Velikye Knyaz
  • City of Peter stand in all your splendor - Pushkin
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 31, 2007, 12:03:41 AM »
I looked at this picture closer.  What do you think?

The blue fragment looks like a backbone.

The purple fragment looks like a pelvis (with tissue). (I thought this piece was 2 or three pieces until I looked at it closer)

The red fragment looks like a piece of skull.

The yellow fragmant looks like the upper portion of a long bone (femur?)

The green fragment loos like a nail.

The orange pieces don't look familiar.

What do you think?

I believe that it is best that we should allow the Russian forensic experts to conduct their thorough examination of the remains. They will present their conclusions at their earliest convenience.

Margarita

Faces of Russia is now on Facebook!

http://www.searchfoundationinc.org/

Offline Belochka

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 31, 2007, 12:28:34 AM »
All the remains are safely under protective custody in Ekaterinburg.

Until the forensic analyses are completed, as I understand it, no further news will be made available for a few months.

The images I have presented here were intended for the general interest of all Alexander Palace members. There will be no further images posted here for the time being.

I would like to extend a BIG thank you to all members on this Forum who have either taken the time to send me PM's or have expressed their personal thoughts here regarding the material I have presented.

Margarita Nelipa

« Last Edit: August 31, 2007, 12:36:37 AM by Belochka »

Offline Eric_Lowe

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 31, 2007, 12:49:58 AM »
Yes...We just have to wait and see.  :)

Offline Eddie_uk

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 31, 2007, 07:23:19 AM »
Thank you so much Margarita!! It's fascinating and I am delighted they have been found. They can now be layed to rest with the rest of the Imperial Family.

Finally they are all reunited!!!!! And all those ridiculous survivor theories have proven, without a doubt, to be false!!!!!!
Grief is the price we pay for love.

FREE PALESTINE.

Offline Johnny

• Graf
  • Never mind!
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 31, 2007, 08:06:02 AM »
Guys,

I am curious to know whether English is Eric's native language or not?
If it's not, his English is quite good imo. Apart from the occasional spelling/verb conjugation error.
But does it matter? It wouldn't surprise me if more than half the AP members don't have English as their native language. It's only my 3rd language as well.
It could cause some misunderstandings more often though. People speaking or writing in another language could have more trouble with small nuances than 'natives' I guess.

Of course it doesn't matter that many of the forum members are not native English speakers. On the contrary, that's one of the strongest aspects of this forum. But that's exactly my point, and both native English speakers and non should keep that in mind. I grew up in a household where 3 languages were  spoken. I added 4 more to it, so I think I know about problems that could arise. My aunt to this day translates everything directly from Russian and often is misunderstood even by her family.
Eric's English is quite good, but as I was reading through the exchange above between him and some of the other members I noticed that indeed some nuances seemed to be escaping the both sides, for example use of past tense instead of subjunctive or a slightly misaligned sentence structure which could sound too direct to a native English speakers's ear, etc.
Татьяна: Кто ты - мой ангел ли хранитель?

Offline Jim Wilhelm

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 31, 2007, 10:36:43 AM »
I believe that it is best that we should allow the Russian forensic experts to conduct their thorough examination of the remains. They will present their conclusions at their earliest convenience.
All:

I have not posted on this forum for awhile for reasons known only to a few. I must, however, ask a few of what I consider to be legitimate questions. I guess these questions would be most appropriately directed to Margarita, whose knowledge and opinions I do respect, due, in large part, to my correspondence with Helen A. and my readings of Margarita's work.

1. Margarita, all feelings of nationalism and patriotism aside, do you, in your heart of hearts, truly believe the technical and scientific expertise necessary to accurately identify these remains, to the greatest degree of certainty, exists in Russia today and, if yes, will it be brought to bear on the examination of these remains? I only ask because some doubt it. It's an important question no one has yet asked.

2. Margarita, do you think the Russian authorities will eventually allow an unhampered and independent examination of these remains outside of the Russian Federation?

3. Margarita, are you absolutely convinced the examination of these remains will be conducted without any "political agenda" and will the results be permitted to be announced without any interference from the Kremlin?

I ask these questions with all due respect because I have come to care about these issues deeply as have all of you reading this. Thank you for your time and attention to this matter.

Sincerely,

Jim Wilhelm
Albuquerque, NM USA
« Last Edit: August 31, 2007, 10:57:24 AM by Jim Wilhelm »

Offline Baby Tsarevich

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Anastacia Pavlovna V.
    • View Profile
    • Alyosha Sunbeam. (Mine and Dana's)
« Reply #157 on: August 31, 2007, 12:19:49 PM »
Wow. I know I'm late on getting the news.

So I was walking with my dad yesterday at the LACMA museum in Los Angeles, and all of a sudden he says: "You know that they found the missing Romanov children." I of course don't believe him and say that can't be possible. He said he was watching the news about it on our Russian satellite. I rush home and google it. Wow, it's just all so unreal. I can't believe after all these years of trying to figure this whole mystery out, they finally did it.

-Anastacia

AlyoshaSunbeam.com
updtd jan.22;2007.
check out the new addition: Nasha Russia

Offline Merrique

• Knyaz
  • aka Yekaterina Yevgenievna
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 31, 2007, 03:34:06 PM »
This is definately some great news.I was absolutely shocked when I read about this a week ago.I honestly didn't think the missing children would be found in my lifetime.I am very much looking forward to hearing the DNA results when they are completed and revealed.
Knowing that in a short amount of time the Imperial Family will be reunited again makes for  joyous though bittersweet thoughts.
Don't knock on Death's door....ring the doorbell and run. He hates that.:D

Alixz

« Reply #159 on: August 31, 2007, 06:17:35 PM »
About the Japanese DNA test.  In my opinion, it only proved that the blood on the fabric in Japan had not been carefully preserved, not that the skull found in the 1990s wasn't Nicholas.

To put it differently, it proved that the blood evidence was suspect, not that the skull was.

But for some reason, the Orthodox Church chose to believe the opposite.  I would still like to know why because as far as I can see the finding of the remains of the Romanovs has no effect on the Russian Orthodox Church.  The church didn't order their execution.  The church didn't try to hide the remains. So unless the church has something else to gain by denying that the remains have been found (conspiracy!!) then as good Christians and because Nicholas was the temporal head of the church, I would think that they would welcome the findings.

Does anyone know if there is a similar group attempting to find the remains of Grand Duke Michael Alexandrovich and Bruce Johnson?  It would be hard as no one seems to have left any "notes" as Yurovsky did, but not impossible given that the original finding in Yekaterinburg in the 1970s was made without Yurovsky's note.

Offline FaithWhiteRose

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 31, 2007, 09:20:09 PM »
Thank you so much Margarita!! It's fascinating and I am delighted they have been found. They can now be layed to rest with the rest of the Imperial Family.

Finally they are all reunited!!!!! And all those ridiculous survivor theories have proven, without a doubt, to be false!!!!!!

You know, I resolved that the Romanov mystery would always remain a mystery, but, apparently, it's not. I am so happy. This discovery is truly thrilling and I'm glad Alexei and his sister (which one?) are going to be buried with their parents, though it's somewhat sad that none of them survived the murder.

Offline DeAnochka

• Boyar
  • "Simply the thing I am shall make me live"
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 31, 2007, 10:02:13 PM »
I think it would have been sad if any of them had to survive with the memory of their family's murder. I find peace in knowing that they died together.

Offline Belochka

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: September 01, 2007, 06:03:58 AM »

1. Margarita, all feelings of nationalism and patriotism aside, do you, in your heart of hearts, truly believe the technical and scientific expertise necessary to accurately identify these remains, to the greatest degree of certainty, exists in Russia today and, if yes, will it be brought to bear on the examination of these remains? I only ask because some doubt it. It's an important question no one has yet asked.

Hi Jim,

Yes I most certainly do. Russian forensic scientists are highly skilled capable professionals. It is only a minority of non scientists in the West who want to find fault with their expertise.

2. Margarita, do you think the Russian authorities will eventually allow an unhampered and independent examination of these remains outside of the Russian Federation?

Vladimir Soloviev, the Senior Moscow Procurator in the criminalistics department is presently drawing up Protocols, authorizations on similar lines as those he provided for with the first excavation samples. Soloviev was openly keen to use the expertise of accredited international DNA laboratories, and I believe that the same philosophy shall be applied here with this second case.

3. Margarita, are you absolutely convinced the examination of these remains will be conducted without any "political agenda" and will the results be permitted to be announced without any interference from the Kremlin?

Sincerely,

Jim Wilhelm

What possible "political agenda" could the Russian government have with this new Inquiry?  It was not the Kremlin that interfered in the previous work of the Soloviev Commission, but a small group of individuals (of Russian heritage), living abroad who attempted to disrupt the Inquiry at every step.

Best regards,

Margarita
« Last Edit: September 01, 2007, 06:11:36 AM by Belochka »

Offline pandora

• Whatever you are, be a good one. Abraham Lincoln
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: September 01, 2007, 07:58:15 AM »
I'm new to this forum and am enjoying the variety of topics discussed - the news of the recovery of Alexei and Marie's remains is especially wonderful. The royal family deserves to rest in peace and as a whole, again.

Offline Helen_Azar

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Coming up Fall 2015: Tatiana's diaries and letters
    • View Profile
    • War-time diaries of Grand Duchess Olga Nikolaevna Romanov
« Reply #164 on: September 01, 2007, 08:38:55 AM »
About the Japanese DNA test.  In my opinion, it only proved that the blood on the fabric in Japan had not been carefully preserved, not that the skull found in the 1990s wasn't Nicholas. To put it differently, it proved that the blood evidence was suspect, not that the skull was.

Yes, exactly...

But for some reason, the Orthodox Church chose to believe the opposite.  I would still like to know why because as far as I can see the finding of the remains of the Romanovs has no effect on the Russian Orthodox Church. 

I think this is a really good question, and for the life of me, I can't figure it out either. It makes no sense, but it seems that ROC is bent on not accepting these remains as authentic, at any cost! They seem to prefer to rely on the results of some quack scientists, who come up with extremely inconsistent theories and results, and who haven't been peer reviewed or published - as long as their data puts doubt on the authenticity of these remains - rather than accept legitimate results which have been demonstrated over and over to be reliable and have been published and peer reviewed. It's really strange...

Does anyone know if there is a similar group attempting to find the remains of Grand Duke Michael Alexandrovich and Bruce Johnson?

I think it's "Brian" Johnson, like in AC/DC ;-)
« Last Edit: September 01, 2007, 08:41:15 AM by Helen_A »