Author Topic: Formal Press Release from Ekaterinburg  (Read 84284 times)

Offline pandora

• Whatever you are, be a good one. Abraham Lincoln
    • View Profile
Re: Formal Press Release from Ekaterinburg
« Reply #165 on: September 01, 2007, 05:09:10 PM »
My understanding (and a very basic understanding I'll be the first to admit) of the Russian Orthodox Church's stance concerning the Imperial family's remains stems partly from it's total mistrust in the government. Various articles I've read have stressed this problem repeatedly.

Offline Forum Admin

• Administrator
  • Velikye Knyaz
  • www.alexanderpalace.org
    • View Profile
    • Alexander Palace Time Machine
« Reply #166 on: September 01, 2007, 06:24:21 PM »
Please may we take the discussion of the Orthodox Church's position to a new thread? This is really OT to the topic at hand, the announcement from Ekaterinburg itself.

Thanks
FA

Offline Angie_H

• Knyaz
  • http://booboogbs.deviantart.com My Colored Pics!
    • View Profile
    • Eigna
« Reply #167 on: September 01, 2007, 06:40:00 PM »
I am now in Russia. This information was published in many Russian newspapers and as far as I have spoken to Russian historians, they belive, the remains really could belong to Alexei. The Russian newspapers say the girl, whose remains were found, is Maria.

It may sound quite strange, but no/one except for historians is really excited about the discovery. I was quite disappointed to find out the Russians are not so fussy about the last Imperial family as are people in Western Europe etc. Well, I am gonna go to Ekaterinburg next week, so I will see.
I always wondered about this. Is it because of the Communist line regarding the IF that Russians aren't as interested in them as people in the West? You can do a Google on the IF and find many sites dedicated to them, most in English, some in French and Spanish, but very rarely one in Russian. Are Americans considered freaky then with the way they are dedicated to certain eras in their own history? IE Civil War re-enactments?

Alixz

« Reply #168 on: September 02, 2007, 02:13:49 AM »
I always wondered about this. Is it because of the Communist line regarding the IF that Russians aren't as interested in them as people in the West? You can do a Google on the IF and find many sites dedicated to them, most in English, some in French and Spanish, but very rarely one in Russian. Are Americans considered freaky then with the way they are dedicated to certain eras in their own history? IE Civil War re-enactments?

I guess we could seem strange to others in that we do hold on to certain points in our history and "reenact" them.  It began as a tribute to the era and to those who fought, perished and/or were victorious.  It has become a hobby.  It is truly amazing to visit Gettysburg, PA during the first week of July and see the reenactors walking the street dressed in period costume.  Not only do the reenact the battle, they stay in costume for the whole four days.  And everyone one goes there are Civil War soldiers and ladies.

Of course as bloody a time as the American Civil War was, I can not imagine the Russian people reenacting their own even bloodier civil war.  Although they did reenact the storming of the Winter Palace for a movie.  And the Soviets would not be big on reenactments anyway.  It would have nothing for the advancement of the people to remember a time in their history that they were trying to write out and pretend didn't even exist.

Offline Rodney_G.

• Knyaz
  • an angel .....and the best of them
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: September 02, 2007, 01:13:46 PM »

Annie,  or anyone

In your reply 34, you referred to "new Yurovsky papers."  I wasn't aware of any "new" Yurovsky papers., i.e. , more recent than those which helped lead to the burial site. In other words, not coming to light in  the last more than thirty years.    Don't be afraid to offend my ignorance, but this "new" Yurovsky writing is "new" to me.

Also. I can't believe how moved I am by the discovery of Alexei and Marie's remains. I was watching BBC News on the 25th when a news crawl appeared at the bottom of the screen saying "Russian archeologists believe they have found ....."  and I thought ,"Yes , they've found them!" Sure enough it appears to be true and these two innocents can be properly buried with their beloved family. I know it's sentimental of me, but I 've always been saddened by the thought of Marie and Alexei cold and alone in Koptyaki Forest. I thank God and those fine, persistent scientists  and other investigators of all nationalities who have worked hard and finally made this wonderful, historic discovery.   

Rodney G.

Offline Annie

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Anna Anderson Exposed!
« Reply #170 on: September 02, 2007, 02:39:41 PM »
Yes, they did have access to new info Yurovsky writings no one ever had before. This question keeps coming up and I do hope that FA will make a sticky somewhere to answer this question in detail. The answers are in several places in several threads but still everyone keeps missing it and asking 'why now'. How about it FA?

Offline AGRBear

• Velikye Knyaz
  • The road to truth is the best one to travel.
    • View Profile
    • Romanov's  Russia
« Reply #171 on: September 02, 2007, 03:44:59 PM »
Yes, they did have access to new info Yurovsky writings no one ever had before. This question keeps coming up and I do hope that FA will make a sticky somewhere to answer this question in detail. The answers are in several places in several threads but still everyone keeps missing it and asking 'why now'. How about it FA?

Could you place a link so others may read what FA stated?

Thanks.

AGRBear
"What is true by lamplight is not always true by sunlight."

Joubert, Pensees, No. 152

Offline Forum Admin

• Administrator
  • Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: September 02, 2007, 03:49:56 PM »
Imperial Childrens' Remains discovered FAQs

http://forum.alexanderpalace.org/index.php/topic,10115.0.html

Offline Eric_Lowe

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: September 02, 2007, 08:55:36 PM »
Lets hope the remains are what people claim them to be.

Offline Belochka

• Velikye Knyaz
  • City of Peter stand in all your splendor - Pushkin
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: September 02, 2007, 11:37:36 PM »
The following is a recent public statement made by the Senior Procurator (criminalisics) of the Russian Federation, Vladimir Soloviev (Владимир Соловьёв):

Будет работать большая группа экспертов. Это археологи, медики-криминалисты, генетики. Хотелось, чтобы это были именно останки царской семьи, чтобы их похоронить по-человечески.

"There will a large team of experts employed. These [will be] archeologists, medical-criminalists, geneticists. It would be desirable, that these shall be namely the remains of the Imperial Family, in order that they may be interred in a humane manner."

Translation by Margarita Nelipa

Faces of Russia is now on Facebook!

http://www.searchfoundationinc.org/

Offline Eric_Lowe

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: September 03, 2007, 12:10:21 AM »
Just the wording already chills me..."What is desirable that they be the remains..."What if they are not ? That would not be so desirable will it ?  >:(

Offline Belochka

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: September 03, 2007, 12:29:18 AM »
Time for you to chill out Eric!

Kindly refrain from misinterpreting Soloviev's statement please. It benefits no one.

For the record Eric,

I fully concur with Soloviev's statement, it will indeed be desirable if the remains found are those of the Imperial Family.

Thank you

Offline Forum Admin

• Administrator
  • Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: September 03, 2007, 09:07:42 AM »
Eric,

agreed that you do need to "chill".  The specific syntax of the translation is very Russian and not what one would have written in English.  Insert "we very much hope that these remains are those of the Imperial Family, in order for us to give them their proper interrment." are you still upset? It says the same thing as Margarita's translation...

Offline Annie

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Anna Anderson Exposed!
« Reply #178 on: September 03, 2007, 02:54:41 PM »
Just the wording already chills me..."What is desirable that they be the remains..."What if they are not ? That would not be so desirable will it ?  >:(

Who do you think/hope they are?!

Think about this: in all those years of digging and searching, not ONE other body of ANYONE else has been discovered besides the IF! Not from the revolution, Stalinist purge, serial killer, or anyone else, rich or poor, from any era!. So those woods aren't the 'dumping ground' or 'full of victims' that some like to say they are, or other bodies would be turning up all the time! There have never even been a 'false 'alarm' other than the one that was near the Ipatiev house and turned out to be centuries old, but never, ever in that forest. I know some want to believe this to cling to hope that they can go on believing in survivors, but reality is here! The IF has been found, a grave fitting the description and matching the location has been found with similar items inside with the other remains has been found, so the writing is on the wall.

Offline Belochka

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: September 03, 2007, 06:54:02 PM »
... Think about this: in all those years of digging and searching, not ONE other body of ANYONE else has been discovered besides the IF! Not from the revolution, Stalinist purge, serial killer, or anyone else, rich or poor, from any era!. So those woods aren't the 'dumping ground' or 'full of victims' that some like to say they are, or other bodies would be turning up all the time! There have never even been a 'false 'alarm' other than the one that was near the Ipatiev house and turned out to be centuries old, but never, ever in that forest. ...

Annie you are correct!

The Senior Moscow Procurator (criminalistics), Vladimir Soloviev, has recently affirmed (August, 27, 2007) that information received from the Russian Federation Security Bureau:

... there were no politicals or any other prisoners shot or buried in this region during the last century between the 1920's to the 1950's.

It was confirmed that there were in recent years, hundreds of animal bones found as can be expected in an forest.

Margarita
« Last Edit: September 03, 2007, 06:55:40 PM by Belochka »