Author Topic: Formal Press Release from Ekaterinburg  (Read 84412 times)

Offline Jim Wilhelm

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
Re: Formal Press Release from Ekaterinburg
« Reply #225 on: September 13, 2007, 03:32:04 PM »
It will be exciting to hear about the press release/conference once the DNA testing has been completed.

With FA's permission, I have a question.  It's a hypothetical question (hyopthetical in that is possible), but it's relevant and I think it begs an answer.  Please consider this.  What if...an announcement were to come from Russia from a credible source (e.g., SEARCH) to the effect that all testing and re-testing had been completed and is was determined that these recently discovered remains could not possibly be those of anyone in the IF?  Would you believe that?  Please advise.  Thank you.

Jim Wilhelm
Albuquerque, NM USA

Offline Forum Admin

• Administrator
  • Velikye Knyaz
  • www.alexanderpalace.org
    • View Profile
    • Alexander Palace Time Machine
« Reply #226 on: September 13, 2007, 03:40:58 PM »
If the DNA testing was done by a capable forensic lab, such as the ones said to be doing the work in Russia (SEARCH would not be doing the DNA analysis), the forensic laboratories could sequence enough DNA showing reliably no source of contamination, the results peer reviewed, and showed that there was no possible genetic relation to the IF, then of course we would accept the results,with great disappointment, but we would accept them.

FA

Offline Jim Wilhelm

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: September 13, 2007, 04:03:50 PM »
If the DNA testing was done by a capable forensic lab, such as the ones said to be doing the work in Russia (SEARCH would not be doing the DNA analysis), the forensic laboratories could sequence enough DNA showing reliably no source of contamination, the results peer reviewed, and showed that there was no possible genetic relation to the IF, then of course we would accept the results,with great disappointment, but we would accept them.

FA

Rob:

Thank you kindly.

Jim

Alixz

« Reply #228 on: September 14, 2007, 07:21:57 AM »
In my experience, and I am no expert on anything (just a Jack of all trades) their is no major incident (or minor for that matter) that hasn't engendered a conspiracy theory.

From Lincoln's assassination to the Romanov murder to Roswell to the Kennedy assassination and now 9/11.  I watched a show on 9/11 (as many did here in the US on Tuesday) and one expert had this to say about conspiracy theorists.  "They want to think that they know more about the subject than anyone else. It gives them a big ego boost to think that they have the power to divine some insight from all of the information that no one else has. It is not really about whether or not there was a conspiracy, but about the desire of the theorist to feel superior to everyone else."

I think it is also about the "ah ha!" aspect.  Conspiracy theorists want to be able to say "See, you thought you knew everything, but you were wrong."  Even those who are conspiracy theorists and also experts in their own fields of study are looking to be able to point out that "The Truth Is Out There".

I know that this is off topic and I apologize, but even though I know that the acknowledged interpretation of evident facts is sometimes hard to accept as the only interpretation, conspiracies can't possibly be there answer to every situation. And as much as I find it hard to trust anyone in any government position because I feel that they hold their own self interests before all others, that and their need to be re-elected, it doesn't seem possible that every situation began with a conspiracy to obfuscate.
Well, I certainly do not fit the description given by that so called expert! And you are right in saying that "it doesn't seem possible that every situation began with a conspiracy to obfuscate". I even go further and say that the big majority of all situations don't start and will never qualify as conspiracies. However, that doesn't mean that conspiracies do not exist. Dismissing them off hand as yadda-yadda is as unwise as being paranoid about everything that happens.
BTW, if murdering the Imperial Family ordered through a secret telegram direct from Moscow and then keeping the crime a secret from the entire nation for 80 years is not a conspiracy, then what is?

Life in the USSR  :-(

Offline Johnny

• Graf
  • Never mind!
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: September 14, 2007, 03:43:29 PM »

Life in the USSR  :-(
LOL! That's hilarious!
Татьяна: Кто ты - мой ангел ли хранитель?

Offline Arleen

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: September 15, 2007, 03:04:30 PM »
Oh Lord, here we go again! 

Arleen

Offline Forum Admin

• Administrator
  • Velikye Knyaz
  • www.alexanderpalace.org
    • View Profile
    • Alexander Palace Time Machine
« Reply #231 on: September 15, 2007, 03:08:24 PM »
TOPIC people. TOPIC. Please.
FA

Offline Johnny

• Graf
  • Never mind!
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: September 16, 2007, 03:47:59 PM »
TOPIC people. TOPIC. Please.
FA
Sorry! I appologize.
Татьяна: Кто ты - мой ангел ли хранитель?