Author Topic: Formal Press Release from Ekaterinburg  (Read 80664 times)

Alixz

Re: Formal Press Release from Ekaterinburg
« Reply #90 on: August 28, 2007, 08:32:53 AM »
And one more thing about Yurovsky's note.

I went to KW to read it and when I got to the part about "poor old Mrs. Yurovsky"  Yakov's mother and what she went through after the Whites captured her.  And what the rest of his family went through as well.  I had to chuckle.

After what Yakov Yurovsky did to the mother (Alix) of the imperial children and to the rest of the "family", what was done to his mother and family pales in comparison.  It doesn't just pale, it becomes so faint as to be invisible.

How much he howls "injustice" to his family just because they were related to him.  How much more the injustice that Yurovsky visited on the Imperial Family because they were related to Nicholas II.

Makes you stop and think about perspective, doesn't it!   >:-(

Offline Forum Admin

• Administrator
  • Velikye Knyaz
  • www.alexanderpalace.org
    • View Profile
    • Alexander Palace Time Machine
« Reply #91 on: August 28, 2007, 09:05:20 AM »
Many have their doubts, awaiting the DNA testing, as they believe that only DNA can answer the question.  Now don't misunderstand me, as you all well know I am a staunch proponent of DNA testing. HOWEVER, I am also a staunch proponent of logic and reason.

So, here is what we know, for certain, pending the DNA results:

1. Two bodies have been found. Two bodies were missing.
2.  A male of the correct age and female of the correct age were found.
3.  These two bodies were found 70 metres from the mass burial site.
4.  Yurovsky accurately described the exact location where the bodies were found.
5.  Nagant bullets were found with the remains, which EXACTLY match the same Nagant bullets from the mass burial site.
6.  Pieces of japanese jars containing japanese made sulfuric acid were found which EXACTLY match the pieces of similar jars found in the                  mass burial site
7.  Yurovsky et al all describe the procuring and use of this acid during the attempted burning and burial process.
8.  Large amounts of burnt material and ash were found at the same layer as the remains.  This is further consistent with all known accounts.
9.  A piece of clothing (called a dress fragment) was found.  I can't find Last Act just now, but in there, one of the accounts clearly states that Alexei was the only body still wearing any clothes, as he had no jewels on him.  He was wearing a sailor's undershirt from the Standart.

For anyone with doubts, pending the DNA testing, I respect your position as I do clearly understand it, BUT, I would love for someone of that postion to please demonstrate some logic or reason WHY these remains could be somebody ELSE than Alexei and the missing Grand Duchess.

Offline Helen_Azar

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Coming up Fall 2015: Tatiana's diaries and letters
    • View Profile
    • War-time diaries of Grand Duchess Olga Nikolaevna Romanov
« Reply #92 on: August 28, 2007, 09:19:15 AM »
Thanks for posting this, Rob. Of course all this sounds convincing and consistent with what we hope will be the "right" remains.

But the DNA results would make or break it all. If the DNA comes back "negative" then none of the above would matter... If it comes back "positive", then it would confirm it 100%. This is why I think the prudent thing to do would be to hold out for the results until we can say with 100% certainty that the remains of the two missing imperial children have been found.

Offline Mandie, the Gothic Empress

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Olga.Tatiana.Maria.Anastasia + Alexei
    • View Profile
    • Romanovs of Russia
« Reply #93 on: August 28, 2007, 11:03:48 AM »
I agree 100% with FA. Bravo!

It's possible the remains are Alexei and Maria (I think it Maria, without a doubt), who else would they be buried close to that of the mass grave of the Romanovs and the four loyal persons?

This NEW discovery is the true final chapter of the Romanovs.

in my opinion it "90/100%" that is really our dear Heir and missing grand duchess.

Offline Lanie

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 28, 2007, 01:52:13 PM »
Thanks Rob. People need to listen to logic more often, don't they?

Also thanks to the wonderful Margarita who's been posting all of this for us. :)  :-*

Offline LarissaAnn

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 28, 2007, 02:45:30 PM »
I agree, the odds are just astronomical that it's them.  I can hardly believe this is finally it, it almost seems surreal. 
Head & heart - Those are a young girls holy secrets-Tsarina Alexandra Feodorovna

Offline Helen_Azar

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 28, 2007, 02:46:57 PM »
I agree, the odds are just astronomical that it's them. 

Well, I don't know about "astronomical", but I would say "high".

Offline Forum Admin

• Administrator
  • Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 28, 2007, 03:28:04 PM »
Thanks for posting this, Rob. Of course all this sounds convincing and consistent with what we hope will be the "right" remains.

But the DNA results would make or break it all. If the DNA comes back "negative" then none of the above would matter... If it comes back "positive", then it would confirm it 100%. This is why I think the prudent thing to do would be to hold out for the results until we can say with 100% certainty that the remains of the two missing imperial children have been found.

Just to be especially clear about something here.  I am NOT advocating that we don't need to bother with the DNA tests.  I believe 110% that we must do the DNA testing.  My point was more addressed to those who seem to be criticising or chiding our current position about the remains.

Bob has had lengthy discussions with people well and closely connected to these events, and Bob is convinced, as are those he has discussed these findings with, that for the reasons I stated above the likelihood and probability the remains are the missing Imperial children are quite "high".

Offline Helen_Azar

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 28, 2007, 03:39:15 PM »

Just to be especially clear about something here.  I am NOT advocating that we don't need to bother with the DNA tests.  I believe 110% that we must do the DNA testing.  My point was more addressed to those who seem to be criticising or chiding our current position about the remains.

Bob has had lengthy discussions with people well and closely connected to these events, and Bob is convinced, as are those he has discussed these findings with, that for the reasons I stated above the likelihood and probability the remains are the missing Imperial children are quite "high".

Yes, I understand. But everyone here should just be aware that the DNA results is what's going to give us the final answer, that's all. 

Offline Silja

• Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 28, 2007, 04:51:45 PM »
I hope the DNA will also be made available to foreign laboratories to double check the results. I would always feel "safer" with "disinterested" results. In the case of Louis XVII's heart, the DNA was tested not by the French but by  German and  Belgian labs.

Offline Eric_Lowe

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 28, 2007, 08:08:37 PM »
Well...The Japanese test results revealed that the skull of Nicholas II is not him. That put a dent in the absoluteness of the findings.  ???

Offline Belochka

• Velikye Knyaz
  • City of Peter stand in all your splendor - Pushkin
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 28, 2007, 08:34:59 PM »
Well...The Japanese test results revealed that the skull of Nicholas II is not him.

Which Japanese tests allegedly revealed such a presumption on your part?

Faces of Russia is now on Facebook!

http://www.searchfoundationinc.org/

Offline Forum Admin

• Administrator
  • Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 28, 2007, 08:38:37 PM »
I must second Belochka's request.  The tests on the known remains of Nicholas' brother George were an EXACT match, even down to a unique single hapolytype mutation, which was considered 100% conclusive proof it was Nicholas.

Offline Eric_Lowe

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 28, 2007, 09:28:26 PM »
Not according to the Japanese test, which is supported by the Russian Orthodox Church. I do not say that I believe it totally, but it did put a dent in its "absoluteness". One can close their eyes to the obvious, but we are discussing facts here. I sincerely hope that this time, there would not be a repeat of that.  :)

Offline charley

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 28, 2007, 09:36:40 PM »

Did these people well and closely connected to these events tell him ahead of time? I am just wondering what his involvement in all of this is. I can't imagine anyone can call up these people who are researching this and question them. How did he know who to call in Russia, or did they call him? It is all very interesting. The DNA test will say it is them.