Author Topic: Re: Franziska -An Interesting Story on Her own - A Timeline of Her Life #4  (Read 71650 times)

ferrymansdaughter

Now I have a completely out-of-the-box HYPOTHETICAL idea of why she sent the card then attempted suicide. Maybe she thought if she made contact with him he would come looking for her, a "cry for help" type of thing for a hurting young woman. So maybe she decided to "jump" when he did not show, or perhaps she never intended to kill herself but be pulled out(ever wonder why she chose a canal instead of a high bridge over a real river if she really wanted to die?) as she was and have him come "save" her?

But if the postal service was not working properly - and she would have known that if it was the case - why would she send a cry for help by letter, knowing that it would not reach him for days?  Also according to Felix's testimony, she basically wrote "sorry this is going to be late for your birthday" so again that would suggest either she knew it would arrive late or she posted it after his birthday. 

Also, do you know how deep the canal was?  Some canals are deeper than some rivers. It's a big canal - see the attached link to a photograph of the Landwehr Canal -  http://homepages.nyu.edu/~tmk1/Berlin/Pages/Image26.html.  Also, could she swim?  I have no idea if Anastasia could - or how well - and certainly no idea about FS but I doubt it.

Offline Annie

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Anna Anderson Exposed!
Okay, this is lame. She may not have known the mail was slow, but forget the 'cry for help' it was just a dumb guess. I don't know how deep the canal was. I seriously doubt they had any mail going as good as the UK at that time. But I do know that things were very bad in post WWI Berlin and there is much evidence to prove it. And speaking of evidence to prove it, we do of course have proof that AA wasn't AN so it doesn't matter. Whatever her reason, whatever the timing of the mail, we do know that it was FS who jumped into the canal.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2007, 12:51:23 PM by Annie »

Offline FaithWhiteRose

• Graf
    • View Profile
Plus AA/Franziska Schanzkowska looks absolutely nothing like Anastasia, in my opinion. For example, AA had thick lips whereas Anastasia had gracefully thing lips.

ferrymansdaughter

Plus AA/Franziska Schanzkowska looks absolutely nothing like Anastasia, in my opinion. For example, AA had thick lips whereas Anastasia had gracefully thing lips.

I think this belongs in the "photographic comparison" thread. 

Offline AGRBear

• Velikye Knyaz
  • The road to truth is the best one to travel.
    • View Profile
    • Romanov's  Russia
Attempting sucide is a kind-of cry for help in itself.  Unfortunately,  to many people are sucessfulll in their atempts and it's too late to help.

Now I have a completely out-of-the-box HYPOTHETICAL idea of why she sent the card then attempted suicide. Maybe she thought if she made contact with him he would come looking for her, a "cry for help" type of thing for a hurting young woman. So maybe she decided to "jump" when he did not show, or perhaps she never intended to kill herself but be pulled out(ever wonder why she chose a canal instead of a high bridge over a real river if she really wanted to die?) as she was and have him come "save" her?

But if the postal service was not working properly - and she would have known that if it was the case - why would she send a cry for help by letter, knowing that it would not reach him for days?  Also according to Felix's testimony, she basically wrote "sorry this is going to be late for your birthday" so again that would suggest either she knew it would arrive late or she posted it after his birthday. 

Also, do you know how deep the canal was?  Some canals are deeper than some rivers. It's a big canal - see the attached link to a photograph of the Landwehr Canal -  http://homepages.nyu.edu/~tmk1/Berlin/Pages/Image26.html.  Also, could she swim?  I have no idea if Anastasia could - or how well - and certainly no idea about FS but I doubt it.

Never thought of looking for a photo of the Landwehr Canal.

Bet that waters cold in the Feb. month.

Thanks.

AGRBear
"What is true by lamplight is not always true by sunlight."

Joubert, Pensees, No. 152

Offline AGRBear

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Romanov's  Russia
Since the German court had convicted Grossmann of having killed  FS and several other women,    I would  think that AA's lawyers would have shown this as a fact.

We need to ask someone who has read the trial's transcripts to know if they did or didn't. 

AGRBear

Offline Annie

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Anna Anderson Exposed!
Since the German court had convicted Grossmann of having killed  FS and several other women,    I would  think that AA's lawyers would have shown this as a fact.

We need to ask someone who has read the trial's transcripts to know if they did or didn't. 

AGRBear

Bear, you overlooked the answer from, of all people, PK! Here's what he posted on the 'other' forum:

The Grossman matter was very often mentioned "at trial" (do remember that the "trial" lasted from 1938 to 1970), but finally everyone agreed to drop it, as the details of Grossman's murders could no longer be established or confirmed. The name "Sasnovski" (or whatever) was many times mentioned; was this just a quick note that Grossman had made, or what? It it *certainly* true that FS's family had been told she was one of Grossman's victims, and whether this was true or not, it is something that unfortunately lies outside the bounds of "contemporary research," They (the S.'s) certainly believed it, until Darmstadt's detective, Martin Knopf, came and told them otherwise.

Obviously, there wasn't enough evidence to take it seriously as a valid topic of the trial. I always thought Grossman theory was just a quickie way of closing a case, and they ended up with egg on their faces later. Ernie's people were able to investigate fully where they had not and this is why his people got the right answer, one that has since been verified by the DNA. It's a shame Ernie didn't live until the trial, he could have fought and maybe ended the silly claim long ago.

Offline Annie

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Anna Anderson Exposed!
Every time you see a 'reenactment' of AA's dive into the canal, it's portrayed as little more than a ditch, so that is the image I had of it. I wonder if it was that wide back then too. I'm sure it was cold when FS took that jump. Because regardless of the details, that's who jumped. FS.

ferrymansdaughter

Are we allowed to post quotes from "the other forum" on this? 

Offline AGRBear

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Romanov's  Russia
Are we allowed to post quotes from "the other forum" on this? 

I don't know.

Copyrights of another forum might be in question.  FA????

And,  please,  Annie,  if you find a quote,  could you add the link. because  I do not recall reading Peter Kurth's post which you've posted  on the other thread,  which I assume is  King and Wilson's, which I haven't read since yesterday.   It would be helpful to me and everyone else reading your posts.

AGRBear

Offline FaithWhiteRose

• Graf
    • View Profile
Attempting sucide is a kind-of cry for help in itself.  Unfortunately,  to many people are sucessfulll in their atempts and it's too late to help.

AGRBear

It's pretty sad if you ask me. I don't know what you think, but doesn't AA jumping into the canal sort of remind you of Elaine of Astolat . . .?

Offline AGRBear

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Romanov's  Russia
"The war had been over for 18 months"

Well, it took a lot longer for things to settle and go on. It does everywhere. Even here in the US after the Civil War, things were hard in the south for years. It always is on the losing side, and Germany, despite the claims of how efficient they were, was no exception. You have to consider, people were dead, buildings destroyed, the entire government fallen and gone and the new one in turmoil. Nobody just went home and started living like normal again just because the war ended. There was lasting damage and much change. I have posted links proving there were severe problems between 1919 and 1923, especially in March 1920!!

...[in part]....

Because Annie wanted a little more proof  for the year 1920,  here is an envelope with a postage stamp on 12 March 1920, the day of Kapp's putsch.  Not sure I'll be lucky enough to find one for the 13, 14, 15 or 16  of March.  Best I can do, today  ;D

AGRBear
« Last Edit: July 17, 2007, 05:04:33 PM by AGRBear »

Offline AGRBear

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Romanov's  Russia
Too late to modify above.

Forgot to say this letter was sent from Berlin to USA,  12 March 1920.

AGRBear

Offline Annie

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Anna Anderson Exposed!
Because Annie wanted a little more proof  for the year 1920,  here is an envelope with a postage stamp on 12 March 1920, the day of Kapp's putsch.  Not sure I'll be lucky enough to find one for the 13, 14, 15 or 16  of March.  Best I can do, today

AGRBear

maybe that's because

*The Kapp Putsch took place on March 13, 1920, involving a group of Freikorps troops who gained control of Berlin and installed Wolfgang Kapp (a right-wing journalist) as chancellor. The national government fled to Stuttgart and called for a general strike. While Kapp's vacillating nature did not help matters, the strike crippled Germany's ravaged economy and the Kapp government collapsed after only four days on March 17.

I never said there was no mail, but that it was surely slowed by all the problems going on.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2007, 08:12:11 PM by Annie »

Offline Annie

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Anna Anderson Exposed!
I don't post a link to other forums because I don't think it's a proper thing under the circumstances and you know what I mean. I use certain quotes as a 'source' if that's what you want, but if that's not okay either, I will stop it.

Grossmann case CLOSED.

Slam.