Author Topic: Re: Franziska -An Interesting Story on Her own - A Timeline of Her Life #4  (Read 72481 times)

Offline PrincessSophie

• View Profile
Re: Re: Franziska -An Interesting Story on Her own - A Timeline of Her Life #4
« Reply #270 on: September 14, 2007, 06:44:36 AM »
Taking the very kindest viewpoint, Anderson simply was not who she claimed to be. Stronger viewpoints label her with less subtle language.

However, you cut a cake, it's still a cake!

Offline CorisCapnSkip

• Graf
  • I Love YaBB 2!
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: September 15, 2007, 02:41:08 AM »
The point was she never learned Russian or English she did not know any at all she never even learned it. That also points out why she was not AA. Some say she forgotten the langauhes but that is false she never knew the langauges. Only Polish and bad German.

She did know Russian and English, but not until she had had time to learn them, and then imperfectly, unlike Anastasia who was brought up speaking them.  Please be accurate in your comments.  Conspiracy theorists and historical purists alike love to pounce on inconsistencies.

Olishka~ Pincess

« Reply #272 on: September 15, 2007, 06:23:47 AM »
The point was she never learned Russian or English she did not know any at all she never even learned it. That also points out why she was not AA. Some say she forgotten the langauhes but that is false she never knew the langauges. Only Polish and bad German.

She did know Russian and English, but not until she had had time to learn them, and then imperfectly, unlike Anastasia who was brought up speaking them.  Please be accurate in your comments.  Conspiracy theorists and historical purists alike love to pounce on inconsistencies.
No I was refering to during the 1920's when she tryinbg to comment suicude. She did not know any Russian or English then, I know she learned it later in her life.

Offline Temperance

• View Profile
« Reply #273 on: September 15, 2007, 09:52:04 AM »
It is sad that something drove Anna Anderson to attempt suicide but that is where my sympathy for her ends. She should never have claimed to be Anastasia because it hurt the family of the real Grand Duchess.

As for Anna Anderson learning English and Russian later in life, does anyone know how well she learned the languages?

Offline Lemur

• Graf
  • reach for the top!
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: September 15, 2007, 09:56:06 AM »
It doesn't sound like she learned English very well at all, and I am still not convinced she ever learned Russian. All we have are some hearsay comments from supporters. It was never proven in court she could even understand it. During the 1965 trial, the judge tried even singing to her in Russian to try to get some kind of recognition of understanding out of her, nothing.

Olishka~ Pincess

« Reply #275 on: September 15, 2007, 10:09:17 AM »
It doesn't sound like she learned English very well at all, and I am still not convinced she ever learned Russian. All we have are some hearsay comments from supporters. It was never proven in court she could even understand it. During the 1965 trial, the judge tried even singing to her in Russian to try to get some kind of recognition of understanding out of her, nothing.
Yes her supporters are trying to say that Anna Anderson knew Russian and English but then she forgot it but that is false.  Coris none of my information is inaccurate I disagree with you I do not think Anna Anderson knew Russian and English. But, therefore since she did not know Russian or English at the time of the 1920's that is one thing that proves she in not Anastasia. Becuase Anastasia knew Russian, English and French. She was only taught a litte German but not fluent from her mother Alix. Yes I agree with you Temporance no one should have sympathy for Anna Anderson especialy when she started to claim that she was Anastasia. Lemur is right it was never proven that she could understand english and russian. Yes I think that AA possibly learned english and russian in her later life I am not certain, but I know that she did not know any at the time of her suicide attempt.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2007, 10:15:21 AM by Elizabeth~Princess »

Offline Temperance

• View Profile
« Reply #276 on: September 15, 2007, 10:29:44 AM »
So there is no hard evidence that she knew Russian at all? Goodness how did anyone ever buy into that woman's story?

Offline loulia

• View Profile
« Reply #277 on: September 18, 2007, 02:33:20 PM »
Actually her supporters said that her parents murders traumatised her so much and that she heard so many awful things this night that she refused to speak russian any more, because it reminds her of thoses bad memories...
Which is strange when it culd have help people to believe she is AN, which was what she wanted the most. Especcially while it didn't disturb her to speak about the murders or her rape.
we live in a beautiful world, let's protect it

Olishka~ Pincess

« Reply #278 on: September 18, 2007, 06:16:45 PM »
Actually her supporters said that her parents murders traumatised her so much and that she heard so many awful things this night that she refused to speak russian any more, because it reminds her of thoses bad memories...
Which is strange when it culd have help people to believe she is AN, which was what she wanted the most. Especcially while it didn't disturb her to speak about the murders or her rape.
Yes exactly Loulia that is what they always say you see her supporters say things excues for why she could not speak Russian like becuase she forgot it and becuase she is so frighten of all those awful things and they also say that was what altered her looks and made her look a lttle different. They may say that her lips and nose are the same and other things like that.

Offline Foxglove

• View Profile
« Reply #279 on: September 18, 2007, 07:16:46 PM »

Not even Polish, or at least not very much, according to Franziska's family. Apparently she knew enough to get by, but otherwise, her family's main language was Kashubian, and later German.

Olishka~ Pincess

« Reply #280 on: September 22, 2007, 01:16:39 PM »
The point was she never learned Russian or English she did not know any at all she never even learned it. That also points out why she was not A. Some say she forgotten the langauges but that is false she never knew the langauges. Only Polish and bad German.

Not even Polish, or at least not very much, according to Franziska's family. Apparently she knew enough to get by, but otherwise, her family's main language was Kashubian, and later German.
'
Yes thats right, I suppose. I made a slipery mistake there! AA was never A I meant. Anyway she did know all those lanages however but not Russian or English though at the time of the 1920's.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2007, 01:18:13 PM by Elizabeth~Princess »

Offline dmitri

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: September 22, 2007, 04:18:59 PM »
Yes Schankowska was quite a silly and ignorant woman. She certainly was not Anastasia and it is so very obvious.

Offline loulia

• View Profile
« Reply #282 on: September 23, 2007, 02:30:16 PM »
I don't think she was so silly and ignorant to manage to make believe so many people in her story, even among people who knew AN. She managed to manipulate them and to learn many things about the IF, she played with people, using their sadness about AN's terrible death...
we live in a beautiful world, let's protect it

Olishka~ Pincess

« Reply #283 on: October 04, 2007, 07:43:27 PM »
Anna Anderson was not silly, but she was ignorant she was just sick. Honestly I do not find Anna Anderson silly, I find her a just plain sick. I think many people believed in her claiments, becuase they either did not know the real Anastasia, or they just felt sorry for the woman. Anyway, I just think AA was just, a sick, insane and crazy woman.Yes, she managed to pass for that but, there was alot of things to point out for her about why isn't she Anastasia. Her and Anastasia have many differences, and yet FS and AA had many similarities becuase she was her! But, little did she know that her relatives know more about the real Anastasia then, AA did

Offline Annie

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Anna Anderson Exposed!
« Reply #284 on: October 11, 2007, 07:58:10 PM »
I do wonder what terrible agony and misery led FS to want to end her own life that night in 1920. Whatever it was must have been terrible. What could have happened to her to make her so down?

It was Feb. 17, which according to records is the birthday of her brother Felix. Had she quarreled with him, and wanted to make a 'political statement' by dying on his birthday? Was she estranged from her family?

Was she griefstricken by whatever had happened to her child?

Was she upset over the death of her fiancee' and/or some other heartbreaking relationship?

Did she feel her life was going nowhere, she hated her jobs, her dream of being an actress going nowhere?

Was it her mental illness, or a physical one making her so depressed?

I know we will never know the answer to these questions, but whatever it was, it must have been terrible. Even after being rescued, she seemed unhappy to be alive, and obviously hated her life so much she refused to give her identity. She didn't want to be sent back to being Franziska and the tattered life she had left behind. Even though her body was still alive, she had killed Franziska that night.

So after about 2 years of silence, she found a way out by using the identity of a dead princess to gain the fame she always wanted, and hopes of a fortune. She must have felt, after hitting rock bottom, to have lucked into a grand way out of her situation beyond anything she imagined and the chance at a whole new life!

It is sad how it stole the identity of the real AN and caused so much grief to AN's relatives, but for FS, it was a lucky break of a lifetime. No matter what happened to her as AA, it was better than being FS.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2007, 08:01:43 PM by Annie »