Author Topic: Prince Henry/Prince Harry of Wales  (Read 79062 times)

Offline Martyn

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Martyn's Chips
    • View Profile
Re: Prince Henry/Prince Harry of Wales
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2007, 10:54:05 AM »
Isn't she supposed to be doing a Masters degree, or have I got the wrong end of the stick?

If so, I wonder that she actually finds the time to do any work in between the endless to-ing and fro-ing to London, and her hectic socail life........

I'm quite sure that she does think Leeds is a backwater (and its not the second largest city Tampa....) and perhaps when one considers her rather sophisticated requirements for life, this comes as no surprise.  She must be so unhappy, poor wee mite.........(wish we had those smileys now....!)
'For a galant spirit there can never be defeat'....Wallis Windsor

'The important things is not what they think of me, but what I think of them.'......QV

Offline TampaBay

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Being TampaBay is a Full Time Job.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2007, 11:03:58 AM »

I'm quite sure that she does think Leeds is a backwater (and its not the second largest city Tampa....) and perhaps when one considers her rather sophisticated requirements for life, this comes as no surprise.  She must be so unhappy, poor wee mite.........(wish we had those smileys now....!)

Martyn,

It is my understanding that Leeds is the second largest metro area in the UK.  Tampa is not the second largest city in florida but it is the second largest metro area in Florida.

What is the secone largest city in the UK?  Liverpool???  Edingburg???

Tampabay
"Fashion is so rarely great art that if we cannot appreciate great trash, we should stop going to the mall.

Offline joan_d

• Boyar
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2007, 11:20:07 AM »
Leeds in a large, northern city (certainly not the second largest in the England) that would be either Birmingham or Manchester but all English cities are backwaters when compared to London which is a huge metropolis.   I don't doubt this girl found it a backwater when compared with London.  It has a large student population and a vibrant night life.  I know a number of students at Leeds (children of friends) and they love it there.  However, Oxford or Cambridge it ain't.

Offline TampaBay

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2007, 11:31:15 AM »
If Chelsey wanted to party in London 24-7 and hang with Harry, she should have attended the University of London and been done with it!!

TampaBay
"Fashion is so rarely great art that if we cannot appreciate great trash, we should stop going to the mall.

Offline TampaBay

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2007, 11:37:10 AM »
From our good old reliable friends at Wikipedia:

Leeds is a city in West Yorkshire, England. It is located on the River Aire and is the urban core of the City of Leeds metropolitan district.
It is the third most populous city in England. According to the 2001 UK census the Leeds Urban Area had a population of 457,247 while the metropolitan district, City of Leeds had a population of 747,939 and is one of England's core cities.

Birmingham is a city and metropolitan borough in the West Midlands, England. Birmingham is the largest of England's core cities, and is often considered to be the second city of the United Kingdom.[1] The City of Birmingham has a population of 1,006,500 (2006 estimate).[2] It forms part of the larger West Midlands conurbation, which has a population of 2,284,093 (2001 census)[3] and includes several neighbouring towns and cities, such as Solihull, Wolverhampton and the towns of the Black Country.

Check out the link:  http://www.woodlands-junior.kent.sch.uk/customs/questions/population/cities.htm

TampaBay
« Last Edit: November 12, 2007, 11:50:16 AM by TampaBay »

Offline Eddie_uk

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2007, 12:06:43 PM »
I think that this is true, but then again it sounds to me like a rumour.
What exactly do you mean? You think it's true, but you also think it's a rumour? ;-)

Hilarious!!!
Grief is the price we pay for love.

FREE PALESTINE.

Offline TampaBay

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2007, 02:21:09 PM »

ITN News (unsure if they originated the story) report that Chelsey Davy has ended their 3 year relationship,

Clarence House won't comment (probably because they are too choked with joy and relief to find adequate words...)

Did not Buckhouse have the same response when Andrew broke up with Koo Stark???  LOL! LOL!

Look where Andrew ended up???  ;) ;) ;)

TampaBay

Offline emeraldeyes

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2007, 06:40:23 PM »
Yes, that's a cautionary tale if ever there was one Tampa! 

"...Which makes us rather bear those evils we have,
Than to fly to others that we know not of..."

An intelligent Hell would be better than a stupid paradise.  - Victor Hugo

Offline Emperor of the Dominions

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2007, 09:09:10 PM »
Is anyone as surprised as I am, to learn that Chelsy is studying for a Masters Law degree? I hadn't realised that she was so accomplished as to already hold an under-graduate (or equivalent) qualification.

R.I.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2007, 09:13:21 PM by Emperor of the Dominions »
God save the Queen !

Offline ChristineM

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2007, 05:00:31 AM »
I think England is probably the same - I write in that caveat because Scottish and English education systems have always been separate and different.

In Scotland in order to read a post graduate degree in law, the student requires a previous honours degree.   It is a very onerous course - squeezing four years into two.   I know.   My son is half way through his second year.   The degree of difficulty and volume of material to absorb is eye watering.   He already has a very good first degree.

Chelsy Davey must be another intelligent young lady, the introduction of whose genes would not have gone amiss in the Windsor family.   Although, how she manages to fit in all the partying and drinking along with a post graduate degree in law, I do not know.   Perhaps that is another reason why she felt she could no longer cope with Prince Harry.   She is intelligent, and the requirements of her course (thousands of miles from home) are too rigorous.   Hedonistic Harry might find these facts and her needs too difficult to handle.

tsaria

« Last Edit: November 13, 2007, 05:03:17 AM by tsaria »

Offline grandduchessella

• Global Moderator
  • Velikye Knyaz
  • Getting Ready to Move to Europe :D
    • View Profile
    • Facebook page
« Reply #40 on: November 13, 2007, 02:48:23 PM »
The joys of a public break-up

They also serve who only stand and wait--John Milton
Come visit on Pinterest--http://pinterest.com/lawrbk/

Offline emeraldeyes

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2007, 02:52:37 PM »
Here's the take on the situation from Hello!

http://www.hellomagazine.ca/news/2007111272/prince/harry/split/1/
An intelligent Hell would be better than a stupid paradise.  - Victor Hugo

Offline Kimberly

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Loyaulte me lie
    • View Profile
Member of the Richard III Society

Offline Grace

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 14, 2007, 03:27:03 AM »
She hardly looks devastated in most of these photos, does she?  Regarding the one titled 'the mourning after', I've never seen such under eye bags on a young girl of just 22.   

Offline Martyn

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Martyn's Chips
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 14, 2007, 07:40:10 AM »
She hardly looks devastated in most of these photos, does she?  Regarding the one titled 'the mourning after', I've never seen such under eye bags on a young girl of just 22.   

Yes, but are they stamped 'Vuitton' or 'Gucci' - both readily available in Leeds I must add.............
'For a galant spirit there can never be defeat'....Wallis Windsor

'The important things is not what they think of me, but what I think of them.'......QV