Author Topic: How did you first get into coloring pictures?  (Read 1687 times)

Offline Lolita

• Who was once known as I_LOVE_OTMA
    • View Profile
How did you first get into coloring pictures?
« on: September 13, 2007, 03:02:50 PM »
I thought this would be an interesting thread to post,so i`ll start

Well,when i first joined here,i saw the "colorization step by step" thread and looked through it and i thought it was a bit interesting.Then,I checked out the "Colored Pictures" thread and saw some AMAZING artwork and i thought "WOW!This is so cool!I HAVE to start doing this!" Then,I told my dad about it and he said he had a few programs that could do that.So,when we reached his house,he introduced me to some of the programs,i started it and got a bit frustrated but eventually i started working on it.And later that week,before i left to go back to my mom's(my parents are divorced),he gave me a CD for Corel Paint Shop Pro X.But i couldn't download it cause i had a crappy computer back there,but when it was updated,i asked my brother to download for me,since he forgets things sometimes,it took me a few times to remind him but he eventually did it.The downloading was successful and now i`m absolutely obssesed with it.

Offline Charlie

• View Profile
Re: How did you first get into coloring pictures?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2007, 10:14:51 AM »
I saw someone's coloured picture of Anne Frank once and I thought I'd love to do it myself so I had a go. My early attempts at doing this were really bad as I used Adobe Elements and used a paintbrush with some opacacy instead of outlining the area and filling it in like I do now. I then figured out that programmes like Paint Shop Pro and Adobe Photoshop CS can give better results so I downloaded lots of free trials off the internet, finally found a tutorial to teach you how to colour b&w photos on Paint Shop Pro and then asked my parents to buy it for me for Christmas. I have since got better at colouring in, thanks as well to peoples tips on this forum!