Author Topic: Re: Anastasia Claimant - Anna Anderson a.k.a Franziska Schanzkowska Part 7  (Read 170968 times)

Offline yussupov29

• View Profile

I was currious why Anna Anderson's remains were burried on the cementery at Kloster Seeon, where other memebers of Russian noble families lie. If she was a fake (what I believe), it doesn't make sense to me?

Can someone tell me something about is, please!?

Offline Olga Maria

• Velikye Knyaz
  • 1 Corinthians 13, Mark 11: 23-24, Romans 8: 38-39
    • View Profile
The DNA testing was not yet conducted on the year she died (she died on 1984; the DNA test was conducted on 90's)
By that reason, she was not yet known to be a fake or authentic Anastasia Romanova. I don't think if I'm right with this. Somebody knows for sure.

Amazing colored fotos  by the most wonderful Yelena Aleksandrovna. Endless thank you very much!

RomanovsFan4Ever

The DNA testing was not yet conducted on the year she died (she died on 1984; the DNA test was conducted on 90's)
By that reason, she was not yet known to be a fake or authentic Anastasia Romanova. I don't think if I'm right with this. Somebody knows for sure.

I think you are right. ;-)
If I had been the first to write on this topic, I would have said the same things that you said.
And I'm agree with yussupov29, Anna Anderson was NOT the real Grand Duchess Anastasia.

Offline Ally Kumari

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Imperial Russia
And I'm agree with yussupov29, Anna Anderson was NOT the real Grand Duchess Anastasia.

That is not a matter of a dscussion any longer. That is a fact.

RomanovsFan4Ever

Oh yes!, I'm totally agree with you Ally, that is a fact.

Offline Lemur

• Graf
  • reach for the top!
    • View Profile
Anna had always wanted to be buried at Castle Seeon in Germany, a place she stayed in the 1920s with one of her biggest supporters, the Duke of Leuctenberg. She thought it was beautiful and a nice place to rest, I suppose. It's not a place where royalty are known to be buried, there are no other Romanovs there, so it's nothing special in that way for her to be there.

When she died in 1984, she was cremated, and it's only her ashes which are buried there. Some found it strange she requested cremation since if she had been Anastasia she'd have been raised in the Orthodox church she'd have been opposed to it. That is why many people believe she wanted to be cremated so that no tests could ever be done on her body to prove her a fake. She was cremated almost immediately after death due to her requests. The DNA tests, performed ten years after her demise, were done on a piece of intestine stored at the hospital where she had surgery in 1979.

RomanovsFan4Ever

She was an impostor, but she was very astute, that was a beautiful plan to request to be cremated to prevent future DNA tests, but unfortunately for her, there was that little piece of intestine that was fatal to her plan. ;-)

Offline Tina Laroche

• Graf
  • Give My Love To All Who Remember Me ~ Olga N.R.
    • View Profile
Yes, cremation was certainly something the real Nastya wouldn't do (I believe), after being raised in Russian Orthodox.

Offline nena

• Velikye Knyaz
  • But every spring smells like you.
    • View Profile
DNA testing AA was in 1994, I think. Yes, Orthodox church is against cremation.

-Ars longa, vita brevis -
Mathematics, art and history in ♥

Offline Forum Admin

• Administrator
  • Velikye Knyaz
  • www.alexanderpalace.org
    • View Profile
    • Alexander Palace Time Machine
She was an impostor, but she was very astute, that was a beautiful plan to request to be cremated to prevent future DNA tests, but unfortunately for her, there was that little piece of intestine that was fatal to her plan. ;-)

DNA testing had not even been thought of when AA died so she was not "astute" about anything. In fact the AA sample in 1904 was the very first time DNA testing had ever been tried

Offline Tina Laroche

• Graf
  • Give My Love To All Who Remember Me ~ Olga N.R.
    • View Profile

DNA testing had not even been thought of when AA died so she was not "astute" about anything. In fact the AA sample in 1904 was the very first time DNA testing had ever been tried

You mean 1994, right? :)

RomanovsFan4Ever

Yes, you are right, she was not "astute" as I thought, thank you for the correction!

Offline imperial angel

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
Why did she want to be cremated then? I'm not sure if biographies of AA ever addressed the issue- it's been years since I read the Kurth one and I don't own it. I just did search on this issue here on the forum, and all I could find on it was Alixz's opinion expressed awhile ago that the cremation was Jack Manahan's choice to prevent other ID efforts with regards to her as Anastasia, even though this was before DNA testing.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2009, 04:13:01 PM by imperial angel »

Offline macloskie

• View Profile
Does anyone know anything about John Manahan, the gentleman who married Anna Anderson--beyond the basic info, which most of us know, i.e., he was much younger than Anderson, he was a history professor, etc?

I've wondered how he was regarded before his marriage to Anderson, and also what happened to him after her death.

Thanks in advance!
[I knew Doctor Manahan as a student at the College of Charleston in Charleston, South Carolina.  He taught history and government there from September, 1961 until May, 1963.

He was very smart but possessed some rather unusual ideas and beliefs.  He taught without referring to notes.  He held the idea that peace in the world would not come about until there was a chinese pope and believed that Fidel Castro, knowing his anti Castro position would try to have him killed and, for that reason, refused to travel to South Florida thinking the attempt on his life would take place there.

While in Charleston he rented a room in the Tiffany House on the corner of Meeting Street and South Battery. 

I do not remember him having any friends but he liked to talk with his students.

He was taken wth royalty and liked to think of himself as some sort of minor royalty in the service of some greater nobility.

When he left the College of Charleston he seemed to have just disappeared.  Years later, I believe in 1968, I received a letter from him.  He was teaching in Iceland for the University of Maryland extension service.

In 1972 or 1973, while eating breakfast in the Fort Sumter Hotel, I felt a hand on my shoulder and looked up.  There was Doctor Manahan.  He asked those with me to excuse us and took me over to his table and there introduced me to his wife, Anna Anderson.

He was a kind and caring man.  However, he obviously wanted to be something other than he was.

Hopefully, this is something of what you wanted.
/quote]

Offline Maria Romanova

• Maria Romanova...
    • View Profile
"As dirt has been versed on the refined person name of the Romanovs... All for the money!"