Author Topic: Richard Schweitzer, Husband of Marina Botkin: General Q & A  (Read 78571 times)

Offline Helen_Azar

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Coming up Fall 2015: Tatiana's diaries and letters
    • View Profile
    • War-time diaries of Grand Duchess Olga Nikolaevna Romanov
Re: Richard Schweitzer, Husband of Marina Botkin: General Q & A
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2007, 03:46:09 PM »
I would still like to hear Mr Schweitzer's theories which make him so convinced that he is right.

Offline Richard_Schweitzer

• Boyar
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2007, 09:00:52 PM »
Bob, Here is your quote:

We know for a fact Anastasia perished along with her entire family.

While I understand that many people expect that materials, the subject of recent events, as yet not scientifically verified,  may confirm that assertion, it may be a bit premature.

Offline Helen_Azar

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2007, 12:07:22 PM »
Mr Schweitzer would you kindly respond to my questions. Thank you.

Mr Schweitzer, I understand that you do not  believe that the intestine segment tested really belonged to Mrs Manahan, i.e. it was planted. Do you therefore have some realistic/convincing  theories to share with us as to how this may have occured... For example:

1. Whose intestine segment did the conspirators use to substitute for the tissue sample which was supposed to belong to Mrs Manahan?

a. did the intestine segment belong to a recently deceased Maucher/Schanzkowski family member*?
    b. was the intestine segment excized from a living donor from the Maucher/Schanzkowski family?
    c. was a long deceased Maucher/Schanzkowski family member exhumed for this purpose?
    d. was any Maucher/Schanzkowski family member involved in the conspiracy (it seems they would almost have to be in order to get the sample, especially if b. was true)?

2. What is your proposed theory as to how the switch was performed by the conspirators at the hospital?

a. assuming that it would have to be done after it got to Dr Gill's lab since he was not involved in this conspiracy (or was he?)
    b. if the switch was done after the sample was transferred to Dr Gill's lab, then was a member of Dr Gill's staff possibly involved in the conspiracy, but not Dr Gill himself?
    c. did someone else (an outsider) gain access to Dr Gill's lab after the sample was transferred there and make the switch (substituting the sealed sample with an identical fake)?

Thank you in advance for sharing your theories with us, perhaps we will be convinced when we hear them.

* It would have to come from a Maucher/Schanzkowski family member in order to ensure the match to Karl Maucher - since that was the entire point of this conspiracy.

Offline Forum Admin

• Administrator
  • Velikye Knyaz
  • www.alexanderpalace.org
    • View Profile
    • Alexander Palace Time Machine
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2007, 03:44:09 PM »
My questions from the other thread. Dick you may answer them either here or there, no need to post in both places:
Here is as possibly plain as I can make it, so lets see how plain of an answer I will get:

If my answer about the tissue source was not definite enough, I will say that yes it think the tissue tested did not come from the body of Anasatasia Manahan, as the name entered on the histology records of MJH; but, further, that if it did come from that person's body, it was otherwise compromised.

The principal weight for my conclusions, not as advocacy for anyone else's thinking, is not that the mtDNA profile from that tissue did not match the profile from Prince Phillip, but that it was matched to that of Maucher. Whereas, the weight of so much other evidence is against the conclusion that Anastasia Manahan had the physical characteristics, origins and background of  FS. That does not gainsay the statistical probability established by the mtDNA science applied. It simply questions that to which the science was applied.

Very well. Since you say that 1. you think the tissue tested did not come from the body of Anastasia Manahan.
Who's body could it have come from?
If it was not Anastasia Manahan's, then there are very few alternatives.
a.It was mis-labelled at MJH.  Do you believe this is the case? yes or no.
b.It was deliberately switched. Do you believe this is the case? yes or no.

2. "that if it did come from that person's body, it was otherwise compromised." Please elaborate with specificity exactly how, when and where and by whom it was so compromised.

3. "The principal weight for my conclusions, not as advocacy for anyone else's thinking, is not that the mtDNA profile from that tissue did not match the profile from Prince Phillip, but that it was matched to that of Maucher."  As demonstrated, it was a virtual impossibility since the Anastasia Manahan sample DNA sequence was unknown prior to PCR.  It was sequenced first. The Maucher DNA sequence was thus also unknown at the time the AM sample was sequenced and was still unknown until the Maucher DNA was subject to PCR.

Please explain HOW a match to the Maucher DNA would occur, that was NOT an exact match, (ie: indicia of a switch of the DNA) but rather with ONE haplytype mis-match, which is in fact the exact thing one would occur in a familial relationship that was not maternal?

I am NOT asking for hypotheticals of any kind. I am asking you to make specific answers to support the statements you have made.  IS THIS CLEAR ENOUGH?

« Last Edit: October 15, 2007, 03:48:58 PM by Forum Admin »

Offline Belochka

• Velikye Knyaz
  • City of Peter stand in all your splendor - Pushkin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2007, 08:45:26 PM »
My answer is that it was not a question of "belief" on his part. He knew she was Anastasia ....

and

Question # 1

In "The Romanovs The Final Chapter" (1995) written by Robert Massie it is stated at p 243:

... "Schweitzer explained ... "We now feel that there had to be some form of manipulation or substitution. Specifically, that means that somehow, somebody got in and switched or substituted tissue at Martha Jefferson Hospital."

1a. Do you Sir, still maintain this published opinion?

1. a. Yes, that is my best conjecture. Admmitedly, it is conjecture. Is it rational? I think so. ...

Your "conjecture" based on hearsay requires the presentation of evidence on your part.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2007, 08:48:25 PM by Belochka »

Faces of Russia is now on Facebook!

http://www.searchfoundationinc.org/

Offline Helen_Azar

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2007, 06:56:09 PM »
I wonder if Mr Schweitzer is ever coming back to answer our questions and set the record straight...

Offline Belochka

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2007, 07:05:34 PM »
I wonder if Mr Schweitzer is ever coming back to answer our questions and set the record straight...

Yes I hope that he shall do so as well.

Margarita

• Boyar
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2007, 08:30:13 PM »
Since my time for these postings is becoming limited, and I can only scan the topics from time to time now, What I will do is post responses or such information as I have on the one thread that someone set up with my name. I will put this on all the threads that have put recent statements about my replies or questions to me. Earlier, I had copied out only one set of questions from “Rob,” that I will transfer to the single thread. Anyone else who wants follow-up will have to transfer their post to that thread. No guarantees of satisfaction.

I recognize that there is an effort to assure me that I am not Don Quixote, and that there are no windmills. I do not propose to “convince” anyone of anything. I do not advocate. When asked, I have stated my views. Such facts as I have, I share. I state them, I don’t try to prove them.

My reason for posting again, was being drawn in by the calumnies against those now dead; then drifting into two other threads of related topics. For a broader overview, some might consider going back over my posts to various threads on this site over years past. I think they will find they make up a consistent whole. If not, the fault is mine.

Dick Schweitzer

Offline Belochka

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2007, 08:49:36 PM »
... I still think it too convenient that Anna/Franczeska was cremated.  I can't get it out of my mind that cremation was going to be a way to foil any investigations as to her identity (finger prints - dental records - foot structure- etc),

You are not the only person who expresses such a concern.

Had Mrs Manahan been the Grand Duchess Anastasiya Nikolayevna then her remains would have been respected as one who was entitled to have received the funeral and burial rites of the Russian Orthodox Church.

The incineration of a body as a choice and means to dispose of the remains is against the precepts of the Orthodox Church.

Mrs Manahan's cremation is evidence enough that the lady was not who she was purported to be.

Margarita

Mr Schweitzer,

Would you please offer your comments regarding reasons for the cremation of Mrs Manahan's remains?

Thank you,

Margarita

« Last Edit: October 16, 2007, 08:51:17 PM by Belochka »

Offline rgt9w

• Graf
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2007, 04:24:05 AM »
Mr. Schweitzer,

Can you offer any insight into why Anastasia Manahan is listed on the tombstone in the University of Virginia cemetery? According to university officials that I've, none of Ms. Manahan's ashes were interred there. Was it a purely symbolic gesture to place her name on Mr. Manahan's tombstome?

Thank you for any information you can provide.

Offline Helen_Azar

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2007, 08:03:28 AM »
Mr Schweitzer, do you have any information as to whose intestine segment may have been used to substitute for Mrs Manahans?

• Boyar
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2007, 08:33:23 AM »
There are only a couple of minutes before the markets open, and this may be all I can do today:

" offer your comments regarding reasons for the cremation of Mrs Manahan's remains?"

Under the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, the body of a deceased spouse of a currently valid marriage was delivered to John manahan. By his authorization, the body was cremated. He then determined the disposition of those remains, as did I in the case of my own wife's recent demise.

Offline Belochka

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2007, 08:42:28 AM »
" offer your comments regarding reasons for the cremation of Mrs Manahan's remains?"

Under the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, the body of a deceased spouse of a currently valid marriage was delivered to John manahan. By his authorization, the body was cremated. He then determined the disposition of those remains, as did I in the case of my own wife's recent demise.

Thank you for your reply Mr Schweitzer.

Did any person(s) try to intervene to prevent the cremation from going ahead?

Margarita

Offline Annie

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Anna Anderson Exposed!
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2007, 09:24:47 AM »
I understand it was John's order to cremate her, but was it or was it not Anna's desire? I had heard that it was, and he was only carrying it out.

• Boyar
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2007, 10:00:44 AM »
Here's another easy one. Takes little time or thought:

"Your "conjecture" based on hearsay requires the presentation of evidence on your part."

No it does not.

I can have, or make whatever conjectures occur to me.

If I wished to imbue others with them that might be another matter. But, I do not.