Author Topic: Star Wars claimant stories  (Read 2952 times)

Offline Annie

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Anna Anderson Exposed!
Star Wars claimant stories
« on: October 15, 2007, 02:47:48 PM »
I can't help it, being on this site, and frequenting some SW and fan-fiction sites, this idea couldn't help but emerge. Think about all those executed Jedi. Were any of their bodies actually found? Mace Windu went flying out the window with electric shock running through him, but do you see him hit the ground? Is his body ever found? The people on the SW board think he may have survived! Then think how Anakin Skywalker was thought dead, but he was actually still alive under a new identity. Obi-Wan and Yoda were thought dead, but also hiding out in a different way, Obi-Wan using a fake name, "Ben." You could say some actually lived, lost their memory, and came back! Is it them, or is it a claimant? So how about coming up with some funny parodies of Star Wars claimants? Ivan Komarov if you're there, I know you can do this!
« Last Edit: October 15, 2007, 02:56:56 PM by Annie »

Offline Lanie

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars claimant stories
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2007, 09:36:56 PM »
OMG Annie, I just spit out my soda. Thanks for cheering me up. :D

Mace Windu claimant stories!!

Offline clockworkgirl21

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2007, 10:02:12 PM »
I was always sure Padme was really Anastasia in hiding.  :D

Offline XJaseyRaeX

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2007, 03:28:52 PM »
ha! this is a great topic!
two of my loves
Star Wars....and the Romanovs  ;D :D ;D :D

I am.

Offline Annie

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Anna Anderson Exposed!
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2007, 04:26:13 PM »
Thanks! I'm glad someone else thinks this is funny! This could really be a lot of fun. We need Ivan to come back again, and also to finish  his "Tsar Wars."

Offline Victor

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2007, 12:03:17 AM »
Well I suppose Anikin Skywalker could be Alexie,or perhaps Luke.In Star Wars there were certainly different ranks and protocols,lavish uniforms,royalty consulting with the army,revolutions,great battles,strategies and planning,intrigue and affairs,loyalty and betrayal.The sort of things the Forum talks about all the time.I can well see why someone might see similarities between the IF and Star Wars.The sci-fi story Dune too,especially the 1980s film version with Francesca Anis and Sting.
'The world breaks all of us but some of us are stronger in the broken places.'Ernest Hemingway.

Offline Annie

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Anna Anderson Exposed!
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2007, 05:37:36 PM »
Well I suppose Anikin Skywalker could be Alexie,or perhaps Luke.In Star Wars there were certainly different ranks and protocols,lavish uniforms,royalty consulting with the army,revolutions,great battles,strategies and planning,intrigue and affairs,loyalty and betrayal.The sort of things the Forum talks about all the time.I can well see why someone might see similarities between the IF and Star Wars.The sci-fi story Dune too,especially the 1980s film version with Francesca Anis and Sting.

Using connections in a whole story, I think the most obvious parallell is how Alexandra held onto Rasputin, a person she percieved to have power, because he could 'save the one you love' (like Anakin believed Palpatine could save Padme?) though warned of the danger, and that she turned against someone close to her who tried to warn her (Ella, as Anakin had turned against Obi-Wan?) and that she eventually suffered greatly for her mistake with a terrible downfall.

For the claimant thing, there was 'Order 66' on all royals and nobility in Russia, just as there was an order to execute all Jedi in Star Wars, and the purpose being a new goverment taking over- one that promised to be better than the last, but turned out to be yet more brutal and opressive in many ways.(Stalin's regime compares well with The Empire) Because everyone thought all the Jedi dead,  (like the Romanovs) people would like to see a 'survivor'.