Author Topic: Prince William and Kate Middleton  (Read 201594 times)

Offline Lucien

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Courtier
    • View Profile
Re: Prince William and Kate Middleton
« Reply #165 on: June 17, 2010, 08:59:56 AM »
If there is one word I want to disappear from the world's vocabulary it is the word vuvenzela.

And I´m sure the world agrees with that Constantinople.Bishop Tutu said last night that if one comes to SA one should enjoy all of SA.

He forgot to mention that that unspeakeble idiotic thing,the vuvuhola,was only introduced by a nutcase 10 years ago.it has ab-so-lu-te-ly
nothing to do with SA,they just love the noise...hmm... :-X
Je Maintiendrai

Offline Lindelle

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: June 18, 2010, 12:09:49 AM »
I'm completely over it.
In fact, I think it quite rude to play it when you have guests visiting and listening - via radio/tv.
Imagaine if you paid to watch the games and all you hear instead of the commentary is THAT!

Offline Lucien

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Courtier
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: June 18, 2010, 01:00:30 PM »
Je Maintiendrai

Offline Douglas

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: June 18, 2010, 07:14:04 PM »
If there is one word I want to disappear from the world's vocabulary it is the word vuvenzela.

let's also get rid of 'irregardless'.

Constantinople

« Reply #169 on: June 18, 2010, 09:45:13 PM »
I loathe notwithstanding more

Offline miki_nastya

• Boyar
  • Love and respect the animals
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: June 21, 2010, 04:15:14 AM »
  Today it's his birthday HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!!!!!!
otmabannertt0.jpg

Offline Olga Maria

• Velikye Knyaz
  • 1 Corinthians 13, Mark 11: 23-24, Romans 8: 38-39
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: June 21, 2010, 04:36:34 AM »
A Very Happy 28th birthday to HRH William, Prince of Wales!
I wish him everything good in this Earth. God save the 2nd heir to the throne of UKGB and NI and its Commonwealth.

Amazing colored fotos  by the most wonderful Yelena Aleksandrovna. Endless thank you very much!

Offline Windsor

• View Profile
« Reply #172 on: June 22, 2010, 11:38:05 AM »
If the latest news is to be believed, now William and Kate are living together.  My how things have changed since the last generation of royals!  If he loves the woman enough to live with her I think he should marry her!  And yes, I do think that as a royal and presumed future head of the Church of England Wills should be held to a higher standard - comes with the territory along with all the perks.  And on that same note, I am a bit disappointed in the Queen for allowing the situation.  While it might be unpleasant, I think it is part of her "job."  Unless she is now just a figure head and no longer wields any power........Just one persons observations - let the criticisms begin ;-)

Offline RoyalWatcher

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: June 22, 2010, 02:24:44 PM »
Hello Windsor,

How timely is your post! The Daily Mail has a new article (as of last night) bringing up the same points as you have. You can access it here: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-1288518/The-way-Royals-treating-Kate-Middleton-pure-bad-manners.html.

Personally, I found the article refreshing. Finally, someone else out there who feels the same as I do and has the good sense of putting it to writing. Instead of the typical "Kate bashing/Middleton Family bashing" article, the criticism is being directed at the Royal Family.

I agree 100% about William shying away from his duties as I have said so on this board in the past. Hiding away in the armed services is just pathetic...really it is. Truth be told he's not a full time serving member of the armed forces. He breaks away for his royal engagements and steals away for long get-a-ways with his friends, his family or Kate's family. If I were in the Middleton family, I would have said enough is enough. Put up or shut up, William.

I understand if others here do not agree; however, these are MY opinions as harsh as they may seem.

Offline Windsor

• View Profile
« Reply #174 on: June 22, 2010, 03:51:37 PM »
Thank you for the link, RoyalWatcher!  It, coupled with your comments, makes me realize I am not alone in my opinions.  Not to belabor the point, but Prince Williams is a grown man enjoying all the perks of the position but not living up to the obligations associated with it.  And once again, how disappointing that the senior royals, the Queen in particular, are allowing this behavior.  What a slap in the face to those who came before and lived up to their obligations - and the people's expectations!  I think his popularity will go the way of his hair line ;-) 

Constantinople

« Reply #175 on: June 22, 2010, 04:31:14 PM »
Well his hairline seems to be moving up.

Offline Grace

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: June 22, 2010, 04:54:26 PM »
How on earth does the Daily Mail know how the Windsors treat the Middletons?  I'm sure that as their daughter has been the girlfriend of William for years now, they would be aware of the protocols the family use.  How does it know the details of William and Kate’s relationship or whether they’re even ‘living together’ or not?  Talk about presumptuous!  I’d agree that if they are living together after all these years, they should marry but we can’t and don’t know the situation.  As I’ve said before, maybe SHE doesn’t really want to marry HIM with all the problems it will bring her.

The Daily Mail has been known for its subtle ‘royal bashing’ for years.  And this article is just the opinion of one of its writers.   

Offline Lindelle

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: June 23, 2010, 03:01:42 AM »
Daily Mail is looking for trouble.

Offline ashdean

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Formerly Lancashireladandre & Morecambrian
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: June 23, 2010, 08:20:31 AM »
How on earth does the Daily Mail know how the Windsors treat the Middletons?  I'm sure that as their daughter has been the girlfriend of William for years now, they would be aware of the protocols the family use.  How does it know the details of William and Kate’s relationship or whether they’re even ‘living together’ or not?  Talk about presumptuous!  I’d agree that if they are living together after all these years, they should marry but we can’t and don’t know the situation.  As I’ve said before, maybe SHE doesn’t really want to marry HIM with all the problems it will bring her.

The Daily Mail has been known for its subtle ‘royal bashing’ for years.  And this article is just the opinion of one of its writers.   

I agree with you...the article is just muck raking but it has to be remembered.....Whatever Williams faults and he seems to want his cake and to eat it...Kate does not come out of things well either...why is she hanging around???  she is little better than a geisha...no career or proper job...no proper position... just hanging on...clinging like ivy!!..The only time she seemed  to get motivated was when William broke up with her...she soon put herself out and about and ensnared him back....WAS THAT A GOOD THING???...Time will yell!

Constantinople

« Reply #179 on: June 23, 2010, 12:41:30 PM »
Well mistresses are no stranger to royals so if you imagine Kate as the trainer that prepares Will for marriage then you can get a few of those noses back in joint.  Until he is married, it probably doesnt matter that much what sort of relationship they have.  My feeling is that when will gets closer to actually sitting on the throne, which probably wont be for at least 30 years, he might find a more appropriate match, then again, given the role models of Uncle Andrew, his father and Princess Margaret, perhaps that is too much to ask for.