Author Topic: Prince William and Kate Middleton  (Read 206044 times)

Offline Lucien

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Courtier
    • View Profile
Prince William and Kate Middleton
« Reply #420 on: December 27, 2010, 12:26:47 AM »
That ghastly coin just seems to be for little Alderney.

I thought it was created by the Royal Mint?

They are GDElla,and the people on it are as they are,no foolish idolising star glory other then reallty bites.
HM IS an aging Lady,And William and Catherine are OK,dispite all the Nay's here.

http://www.ppe-agency.com/show.php?zoektype=2&search=23-12-2010%20The

Courtesy PPE

Je Maintiendrai

Offline Eric_Lowe

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
Re: Prince William and Kate Middleton
« Reply #421 on: December 27, 2010, 10:29:21 AM »
It looked strange I must say...

Offline Greenowl

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: December 27, 2010, 02:58:56 PM »
Whatever about HM the Queen, I would not have recognised Prince William or Kate had I not known what the coin was intended to commemmorate. I think it looks most unrealistic (or else my eyes are becoming weak from age).

Cheers,
GREENOWL

Offline Adagietto

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: December 28, 2010, 05:07:12 PM »
'William and Catherine are OK,dispite all the Nay's here.'

I agree with Greenowl, I find them unrecognizable; and I would regard the image as ugly whoever they were, the artist is simply not up to scratch. Hope they never sink to that level on coins for the UK itself.

Offline Eric_Lowe

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: December 29, 2010, 02:02:22 PM »
I would say it was a disapointment.  :(

Offline bonbon823

• I Love YaBB 2!
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: December 30, 2010, 08:56:49 AM »
Are they really going to stick with that coin??  It's so badly done in my opinion that I can't imagine why they would want to continue with it.  Surely it can be redone?

Offline Eric_Lowe

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: December 30, 2010, 10:23:39 AM »
Maybe the dominions (Canada or Australia) can do their own coin ?

Offline Lucien

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Courtier
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: January 05, 2011, 09:49:36 AM »
whos going to officiate at the ceremony ?

dont tell me its Archbish Bushy Brows  !!!!  oh no !!!

Unfortunately,yes,it will be the Archbishop of Canterbury as was announced today.... ::)...
Je Maintiendrai

Offline Eric_Lowe

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: January 05, 2011, 10:49:14 AM »
He looked like someone from Hogwarts...

I read that they are going to have a private family dinner in Buck House rather than a court ball.

Offline Robert_Hall

• Velikye Knyaz
  • a site.
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: January 05, 2011, 11:30:22 AM »
.   What is so wrong with him?  He is the senior cleric of the Anglican faith.  It is most appropriate that he presides.  Aesthetics are superfluous and meaningless. What shallow opinions.
Life may not be the party we expected, but while we are here, might as well dance..

Do you want the truth, or my side of the story ?- Hank Ketchum.

Offline Grace

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: January 05, 2011, 02:24:40 PM »
Many people feel he doesn't represent the doctrines of the faith appropriately for a man in his position with some of the quite outspoken comments he's made about subjects previous Archbishops have never touched on.  Some may feel this is good but others don't. 

As for his personal appearance, I don't think looks matter as such but I think grooming is important for someone representing the church in such a public role.

Offline Robert_Hall

• Velikye Knyaz
  • a site.
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: January 05, 2011, 07:22:11 PM »
I understand what you say, Grace. He is rather liberal Although not religious I tend to agree with him. As for his grooming, well, when he puts on all his frill & finery, who will notice? All the attention with be on William & Kate anyway.
Life may not be the party we expected, but while we are here, might as well dance..

Do you want the truth, or my side of the story ?- Hank Ketchum.

Offline chasmat

• View Profile
« Reply #432 on: January 05, 2011, 10:03:49 PM »
The ABC is presiding over the dissolution of the Anglican Communion. He is a divisive and ineffective leader unless the breakup of the Anglican Communion is his goal. In that case he's been very effective.
As far as the eyebrows go, it's comical. However Prince Phillip has the same problem, just curly.

Offline Lucien

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Courtier
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: January 06, 2011, 01:06:20 AM »
Many people feel he doesn't represent the doctrines of the faith appropriately for a man in his position with some of the quite outspoken comments he's made about subjects previous Archbishops have never touched on.  Some may feel this is good but others don't.  

As for his personal appearance, I don't think looks matter as such but I think grooming is important for someone representing the church in such a public role.

Exactly Grace,these are not the seventies where one did what one liked whenever they liked it in certain quarters,but representing something like the Church of England needs you take care,as all should btw,of your appearance.His stands on matters is a brush away from reality,ie,there won't be a Church of England left
if he goes on as he does uttering idle empty words out of touch with reality.I can hardly call that superficial,superfluous or anything along that line.It is serious enough,as most churches are empty these days and the Anglican congregation has come to a absolute minimum.And besides the job as guardian of the CoE,he looks like a creature from Hogwarth indeed,that will distract from the beautifull bride Catherine no doubt will be,so,I'd call for a public demand to send him off to the barber first......for starters....His wife can sent him off,and maybe make an appointment for herself as well while she's at it...She'll be there too ::)
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 01:08:01 AM by Lucien »
Je Maintiendrai

Offline Lucien

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Courtier
    • View Profile
HRH Prince William and Miss Catherine Middleton
« Reply #434 on: January 06, 2011, 03:23:12 AM »
Many people feel he doesn't represent the doctrines of the faith appropriately for a man in his position with some of the quite outspoken comments he's made about subjects previous Archbishops have never touched on.  Some may feel this is good but others don't.  

Exactly Grace,these are not the seventies where one did what one liked whenever they liked it in certain quarters,but representing something like the Church of England needs you take care,as all should btw,of your appearance.His stands on matters is a brush away from reality,ie,there won't be a Church of England left
if he goes on as he does uttering idle empty words out of touch with reality.I can hardly call that superficial,superfluous or anything along that line.It is serious enough,as most churches are empty these days and the Anglican congregation has come to a absolute minimum.And besides the job as guardian of the CoE,he looks like a creature from Hogwarth indeed,that will distract from the beautifull bride Catherine no doubt will be,so,I'd call for a public demand to send him off to the barber first......for starters....His wife can sent him off,and maybe make an appointment for herself as well while she's at it...She'll be there too ::)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-12120099

Je Maintiendrai