The Alexander Palace Time Machine Discussion Forum

User Info & Key Stats   
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
October 31, 2014, 10:01:37 AM
462256 Posts in 8977 Topics by 14524 Members
Latest Member: venus48220
News: We think Pallasart is the best web design company in Austin and for good reason - they make this forum possible! Looking for a website? Call them at 512 469-7454.
+  The Alexander Palace Time Machine Discussion Forum
|-+  Discussions about the Imperial Family and European Royalty
| |-+  The Yussupovs (Moderators: LisaDavidson, BobAtchison, Forum Admin, Svetabel)
| | |-+  Mistress of Felix, husband of Zenaide
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author
Topic: Mistress of Felix, husband of Zenaide  (Read 38136 times)
Reply #45
« on: November 16, 2007, 01:03:19 PM »
Helen_Azar Offline
Velikye Knyaz
Ask about my upcoming book on Grand Duchess Olga Posts: 7400

View Profile WWW

I definitely need hard evidence to believe this story…

Which one, the mistress story, or the gay story?

Reply #46
« on: November 16, 2007, 01:51:27 PM »
Alexandre64 Offline
Knyaz

View Profile

I think that the letters and article are the best preuvent, the professional who wrote the article did not imagine this story of love
Reply #47
« on: November 16, 2007, 01:54:33 PM »
Helen_Azar Offline
Velikye Knyaz
Ask about my upcoming book on Grand Duchess Olga Posts: 7400

View Profile WWW

I think that the letters and article are the best preuvent, the professional who wrote the article did not imagine this story of love

You'd be surprised how many "professionals" imagine all kinds of stories...

Reply #48
« on: November 16, 2007, 03:48:48 PM »
Valmont Offline
Graf
I love History  !! Posts: 377

View Profile

I definitely need hard evidence to believe this story…

Which one, the mistress story, or the gay story?

Both....

You'd be surprised how many "professionals" imagine all kinds of stories...

Oh.. yes....

Arturo Vega-Llausás
Reply #49
« on: November 17, 2007, 02:46:53 AM »
Alexandre64 Offline
Knyaz

View Profile

In France, if a commissioner prisseur invents a story about or ment of objects (letters, etc. it can be continued by the new owner, and a view that the sale of its letters come took place at Drouot, which house has a very good reputation in the World, they would not take the risk of lying.
Reply #50
« on: November 18, 2007, 07:46:09 AM »
loulia Offline

View Profile

there are just two things in this story which seem very dubius to me: about the money after the Revolution and about the names: why he would called his first Nicolai when his son Nicolai was already died, it's very morbid and disrespectful for his wife and why he would called the second one Olivier, which is absolutly not a russian name, even in french translation. I don't mean the comissioner prisseur is lying, I mean may be someone else who want to sell those objects pretty expensive could have tried to make a simple story sounds more romantic.
But this are just my thoughts and I don't know enough about it...

we live in a beautiful world, let's protect it
Reply #51
« on: November 18, 2007, 08:05:34 AM »
Alexandre64 Offline
Knyaz

View Profile

The commissioners priseur are required to do research, they will not sell an object with a story without such research, especially in France where the World of Art is very regulated, some paintings by Maitre need passports to exit the Territoir share example
Reply #52
« on: December 02, 2007, 05:19:35 PM »
gugussey Offline

View Profile

The catalogue for the sale of these properties (Olivier Coutau-Begarie, Commissaire-Priseur, dated Nov 14 2007) is forthright and detailed.  It clearly deliniates the items -- letters, photos, calling cards -- that describe vividly the relationship of Old Felix to his "second family".  The provenance seems valid.  Young Felix certainly knew of his half-siblings and presented Tatiana with a copy of his autobiographies.  If his tone in the inscription isn't warm, it is certainly polite.
Reply #53
« on: December 03, 2007, 07:16:47 AM »
aleksandr pavlovich

Now that the auction is past, a few questions:  Do we know how successful the sale was?  How many (actual number or percentage) of the lots sold, how many did not meet the reserve and were unsold?  Were any items withdrawn prior to the auction?  Were any of the successful bidders recognizable in the general public eye?  Was the sale devoted to the Youssupov material solely or was it combined with other items of different provenance, and lastly, who consigned these Youssupov items?  Many thanks!
Reply #54
« on: December 03, 2007, 09:12:27 AM »
Alexandre64 Offline
Knyaz

View Profile

Lot No. 23
Felix, Count Soumarokoff-Elston, made Prince Youssoupoff. Photographic Portrait representative uniformed officer in the Russian Imperial Army, circa 1920. Draw sepia Albumen paper mounted on cardboard original format cabinet.
300 E

Lot No. 24
Felix, Count Soumarokoff-Elston, made Prince Youssoupoff. Photographic Portrait representative uniformed officer in the Russian Imperial Army, towards the end of his life in exile in Rome. Albumen Prints on paper mounted on cardboard. A back door TEXT AUTOGRAPHE SIGN IN RUSSIAN
1900 E

Lot No. 25
Felix, Count Soumarokoff-Elston, made Prince Youssoupoff. Photographic Portrait representative uniformed officer in the Russian Imperial Army, towards the end of his life in exile in Rome. Albumen Prints on paper mounted on cardboard home. A back door TEXT AUTOGRAPHE SIGN IN RUSSIAN
1500 E

Lot No. 26
Felix, Count Soumarokoff-Elston, made Prince Youssoupoff.
Card Prince
120 E

Lot No. 27
Felix, Prince Youssoupoff (1887-1967). Card Prince with handwritten annotations of his hand, addressed to his half Bonnard Tatiana, born Svetiloff: "May 20, 1953, with his best congratulations and sincere wishes of happiness, attached a small bottle of perfume for newlyweds. "
300 E

Lot No. 28
Felix, Prince Youssoupoff (1887-1967). Map autograph signed "Youssoupoff," Paris 1955, addressed to his half, Tatiana Bonnard, born Svetiloff, ½ p, french text: "Thank you for your letter and your wishes I send you mine for you and your family. "
300 E

Lot No. 32
Victorious Christ "icon" of the house KARL FABERGE. Surprising and interesting work of Art Nouveau in gold-plated silver set with sapphire cabochons three interlocking circles and volutes completed by small balls on a background enameled brown, the summit is a bélière suspension. All of hexagonal shape based on a birchwood part of Karelia. Housed in his original wooden maple interior velvet and silk. This is a special order of Prince Felix Youssoupoff for his mistress, Zénaïde Gregorieff. He has written on the back: "offered protection of this holy 1916, June 27." Small accident at the casket, lack of paint on the head of Christ. Punch title: 88, Moscow, 1910-1917. Punch silversmiths: Fabergé, marks the privilege and Imperial Order No: 38811.
66,000 E

Lot No. 33
Icon "Madonna and Child" from the house KARL FABERGE, silver patterned geometric friezes Art Nouveau forming rosettes on a black enameled, the summit is a bélière suspension. This is a special order of Prince Felix Youssoupoff offered his mistress Zénaïde Gregorieff. He has written on the back: "In this holy 1914, October 6, Petrograd." Punch title: 88, Moscow, 1910-1917. Punch silversmiths: Fabergé, marks the privilege and Imperial Order No: 38707
55,000 E

Lot No. 34
Miniature oval on ivory representing a portrait of Count Felix Soumarokoff-Elston Prince Youssoupoff wearing regimental parade Knights Guard, kept in a gold pendant decorated with a flower set with small pearls. We know that this miniature was offered to his mistress Zénaïde Gregorieff and that initially it was set with diamonds. The stones were sold and miniature dismantled after being placed in the pendant that we sell
3,000 E

Lot No. 216
Twelve plates banquet table service of Czar Alexander II (1818-1881). Exceptional rare and consists of 6 large plates and 6 plates tablespoons white porcelain, along chantournée bearing on the marli friezes and stylized garlands on a blue background lavender, the centerpiece is the monogram A (Alexandre) in letter 'or under imperial crown. The service was conducted for the farm park at Peterhof Alexandre at the time the emperor was still Tsarevich between 1825 and 1855
14,000 E
Reply #55
« on: December 03, 2007, 12:55:14 PM »
ashanti01 Offline
Velikye Knyaz
I love YaBB 1G - SP1! Posts: 1511

View Profile

Thank you for listing the items. I attempted to go to the site, but it appears I have to register and pay a fee of some sort. Don't know French very well, however that's what I gathered from it. Is there any way to have the images of these items posted? Or are they off the site? Thanks
Reply #56
« on: December 03, 2007, 08:12:34 PM »
aleksandr pavlovich

Thank you, Alexandre64, for all your good work and speed  in replying to my post referencing the recent auction of "Yussupov" items.  As I read it, I see that the lots 23-34 are reasonably sequential (with Lots 29, 30, 31 missing).  Lot 216 is somewhat out of place (possibly being listed in a different category in the catalog ---- perhaps "Ceramics"?).  I presume THAT lot was NOT of "Yussupov" provenance?      As a follow-up, was the consignor of these lots known, or potentially referred to as "Property of a Gentleman/Lady," etc.?  Were there any "Yussupov" lots that did NOT sell  (or were "bought-in" by the auction house)?  Lastly, are any of the successful bidders known?  Many thanks for your help, courtesy and patience!    AP
« Last Edit: December 03, 2007, 08:17:51 PM by aleksandr pavlovich » Logged
Reply #57
« on: December 04, 2007, 09:45:24 AM »
Alexandre64 Offline
Knyaz

View Profile

I would "distribute the pictures on the forum, but I can not put them when I replied, if someone can explain it to me I put them online
Reply #58
« on: December 06, 2007, 09:04:53 AM »
Alexandre64 Offline
Knyaz

View Profile

There are other pictures, but it had no relation with this subject (drawing félix, letters of the Empress and her daughters, icons, silver and porcelain)
Reply #59
« on: November 10, 2008, 12:36:39 PM »
Van Heyden Offline

View Profile

Good evening,

As you may have read in another thread, I am in contact with one of the two descendants of Felix Count Sumarokov-Elston, Prince Yusupov and his mistress Zenaida Gregoriev.

I d like to thank a lot Alexandre64 for opening this thread, and Patrick S. and Noel S. for kindly taking my calls and pointing to Graziella M.

Here is a first picture, as this is my first insert, I don t know if it will work. So here should be Felix Sr with his two children, Olivier and Tatiana, in Rome, somewhen around 1925.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: