Author Topic: A New Rasputin Biography by Margarita Nelipa  (Read 88914 times)

Offline historyfan

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
Re: A New Rasputin Biography by Margarita Nelipa
« Reply #180 on: January 16, 2011, 09:31:57 PM »
That makes complete sense.  Thank you, Sarushka, for answering a question that was starting to drive me crazy!

Offline Belochka

• Velikye Knyaz
  • City of Peter stand in all your splendor - Pushkin
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 17, 2011, 03:22:21 AM »
Margarita, perhaps this is slightly off-topic, but I have a question about the Russian language as I've read it in your book.  It's regarding surnames.  I understood that the surname of a Russian female is the same as that of her husband or her father, but with a suffix, like "skaya" or "ova".  Example "Matrena Rasputina".

However, many times when I have read the transliteration of a headline regarding Rasputin, his name is changed to read "Rasputina".  Example "Delo Rasputina".  Why is that?  I'm just confused about why the name suddenly appears "feminized".

A good question historyfan! Thank you.

Delo Rasputina refers to: "In the matter of Rasputin" or put another way, Rasputin's case file.

Best regards,

Margarita

Faces of Russia is now on Facebook!

http://www.searchfoundationinc.org/

Offline Lucien

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Courtier
    • View Profile
A New Rasputin Biography by Margarita Nelipa
« Reply #182 on: June 01, 2011, 12:44:00 AM »
And I start all over again at this whale of a book with info that needs a second reading in case you think you missed something.
Like the bit in which saint...my foot...Ella commits treason to her own sister in her haute couture nuns wear.And that is just one
reason for reading it again as there hasn't been a book on the subject that had the info this one has,from original papers in the
original language,unspoiled by what I refer to as just "disney people" and their blinded ignorant fans....Really,what a laugh and
embarresment for anyone seriously into history.But this,this piece of work,is of a quality undeniably far above anything written,
or mostly invented,before on Rasputin as well as a mischevous IF.They were no saints.They betrayed Nicky and his family,over
and over,they deserved what came to them as they inflicted most of it themselves,MF,Marie,Ella to name but three former foreign
country girls,but it went beyond their controle,they couldn't have known what wind of change would blow over Russia and stopped
Russia from anything Russian but the brutal rule of communism  and the loss of more lives then under any Tsar before,and a country
still not coming to terms with the change again the last 20 years.A country still largely backward,if not kept that way by the Kremlin,
then Kyrill and his ROC do their bit.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 12:46:46 AM by Lucien »
Je Maintiendrai

Offline blessOTMA

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Tell me the truth, monsieur
    • View Profile
    • Stay at Home Artist
« Reply #183 on: June 01, 2011, 02:33:41 AM »

I certainly agree this book is a land mark....just an amazing achievement ....Not only did the Imperial Family betray their Tsar...they did such a botch up of it ... you don't visibly kill the Tsar's close advisor without over throwing the Tsar as well ....you go all the way. They were hopeless  dilatants and Salon revolutionaries playing with TNT and many, many  millions died . If one looks from Nicholas I..thought to Nicholas II ,it seems the family worked less and less....and stayed more in St Petersburg living it up. What I mean is back in Nicholas 1 and Alexander II days , Grand Dukes ran areas of the country for their brother Tsar...the family worked! ...by the time of Rasputin's killing....they had forgotten even how...and expected someone less to do the work....well they did. Just hopeless..it was a collapse of a whole family that open the door and by killing Rasputin all they did was tell  the whole  world their sorry state

"Give my love to all who remember me."

Olga Nikolaevna

Offline Belochka

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: June 19, 2011, 01:15:57 AM »

Following my visit to the van Hoogstraten bookstore in Den Haag, signed copies of my book are now available for purchase.

Special thanks are extended to the proprietor Annet Bakker, who welcomed me most graciously.

Margarita Nelipa

Offline Belochka

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: June 19, 2011, 07:44:34 PM »

Following my visit to the van Hoogstraten bookstore in Den Haag, signed copies of my book are now available for purchase.

Special thanks are extended to the proprietor Annet Bakker, who welcomed me most graciously.

Margarita Nelipa

Suffering jet lag ... I failed to add the appropriate link:

Please refer to the folllowing link:
http://www.hoogstraten.nl/theshop/product_info.php?products_id=445

Offline Lucien

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Courtier
    • View Profile
A New Rasputin Biography by Margarita Nelipa
« Reply #186 on: June 23, 2011, 12:06:43 AM »

Margarita Nelipa

Suffering jet lag ... I failed to add the appropriate link:

Please refer to the folllowing link:
http://www.hoogstraten.nl/theshop/product_info.php?products_id=445

And Hoogstraten happily twitters your recent visit around with a very nice pic of the signing session!!
They Loved to have you there,and so did all of us...grin....:))

Click on;" Follow us at Twitter" in the link you provided.

http://yfrog.com/keu59cj

:)

« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 12:16:34 AM by Lucien »
Je Maintiendrai

Offline Belochka

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: December 23, 2011, 11:31:07 PM »
I am delighted that my book: "The Murder of Grigorii RASPUTIN, a Conspiracy That Brought Down the Russian Empire" is now available through Amazon.com and has already received excellent reviews.

See:  http://www.amazon.com/Grigorii-Rasputin-Conspiracy-Brought-Russian/dp/0986531014/ref=pd_rhf_gw_p_t_3

Hope that some of you will consider it as a worthwhile last minute gift for someone special during the forthcoming Holidays.

Margarita

Offline Talya

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 15, 2012, 07:42:35 PM »
I actually bought it through Amazon and, even though I wasn't on the best of terms with the price, I don't regret it. After reading through the first chapter, (it may have been speed reading :D) I had take a minute. I learned quite a bit from it, and I sure am I happy. Great job Margarita!
Why I enjoy watching The Andy Griffith Show at 2am, I'll never know.
Why yes, I do enjoy comical stylings of Anastasia :]

Offline Belochka

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 16, 2012, 06:52:13 PM »
I actually bought it through Amazon and, even though I wasn't on the best of terms with the price, I don't regret it. After reading through the first chapter, (it may have been speed reading :D) I had take a minute. I learned quite a bit from it, and I sure am I happy. Great job Margarita!

Many thanks for purchasing my book  and your kind comments,Talya!

I hope that you shall continue enjoy reading it and perhaps provide further feedback.

Best regards,

Margarita

Offline Tsarfan

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Miss the kings, but not the kingdoms
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 20, 2012, 09:35:59 PM »

....Margarita Nelipa’s groundbreaking new book is based on a host of previously unknown Russian sources, including primary documents such as newspapers of the day and original police depositions, diaries and Duma documents all translated by the author. Extensive annotations and comprehensive appendices add academic strength to this popular history. .....

I have just started this very lengthy thread, so please excuse me if these questions have already been asked and answered . . .

But since when is a newspaper article a primary document and an unknown source?

Offline Zella

• View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 27, 2012, 10:03:33 AM »
(sorry, I am a little late to the discussion)

will be ordering this book when I return home for the summer

until then my mind is blown.  MF was in on a plot to overthrow Nicholas???  I just can't believe this.  her diary gives no indication. 
Marie, Yussopovs, even Ella I can understand.  but the Tsar's own mother!!

Offline Belochka

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 30, 2012, 07:20:36 PM »
(sorry, I am a little late to the discussion)

will be ordering this book when I return home for the summer

until then my mind is blown.  MF was in on a plot to overthrow Nicholas???  I just can't believe this.  her diary gives no indication. 
Marie, Yussopovs, even Ella I can understand.  but the Tsar's own mother!!

Thank you for expressing interest in purchasing a copy of my book.

Regards,

Margarita

Offline Zella

• View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 13, 2012, 03:26:30 PM »
ordered!!  from Amazon.com!  can't wait to read it!!

Offline rachel5a

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 06, 2014, 05:22:43 AM »
Margarita, I am very much looking forward to reading your research as I have some unpublished primary source material for the DP biography Will Lee and I are now working on. Congratulations on publishing your book!

Thank you for your congratulations Lisa!

You will find that Dmitri Pavlovich who accepted his role in the conspiracy, will present in a very different manner to that previously described.

Best regards,

Margarita

As I haven't read this book yet could someone inform me what was GD Dmitri's role in this murder. I would be very grateful!