Author Topic: A New Rasputin Biography by Margarita Nelipa  (Read 94887 times)

Offline Belochka

• Velikye Knyaz
  • City of Peter stand in all your splendor - Pushkin
    • View Profile
Re: A New Rasputin Biography by Margarita Nelipa
« Reply #45 on: July 10, 2010, 02:51:41 AM »
I too am very much looking forward to this - have orderd via surface mail, so a wee bit of a wait, but good things are worth waiting for!

Many thanks for purchasing my book Georgiy!

I hope that your book arrives very soon and that you will enjoy reading it.

Best regards from across the "ditch",

Margarita

Faces of Russia is now on Facebook!

http://www.searchfoundationinc.org/

Offline Dominic_Albanese

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 12, 2010, 06:54:36 PM »
I am holding Margarita's book in my hands (Thank you Paul Gilbert's Royal Books).  It is incredible.  The sourcing is extremely deep, she intermingles direct quotes from source documents with expert analysis and it has 8 different appendix's!

I've not read a ton yet (too busy skipping around - a bad habit, I know).  Everything I have seen in the last hour tells me that this is the MUST HAVE book of 2010.

Thanks Margarita, now to start  at the beginning.....

Yippie!

dca
« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 07:24:02 PM by Dominic_Albanese »

Offline Belochka

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 12, 2010, 07:20:11 PM »
Dear Dominic,

I am so happy that you finally received your copy of my book.

Thank you so much for posting your initial impressions.

Enjoy reading it!

Best regards,

Margarita

Offline Belochka

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 15, 2010, 10:46:32 PM »
I would like to thank everyone who has purchased my book or is intending to do so. Copies are available from:

Gilbert's Royal Books, see: http://www.angelfire.com/pa/ImperialRussian/grb/grbpg30.html and

"Librairie Galignani" in Paris, France. 

Over the past two weeks, since the book's release, I have received numerous private messages regarding my work and to each and everyone of you I would like to publicly express my gratitude for your kind words.

If you have any questions about the contents of my book:
The Murder of Grigorii Rasputin, A Conspiracy that Brought Down the Russian Empire, please do not hesitate to ask me here on this Forum thread.

A Facebook page, which offers an additional venue to discuss my book, using the profile identity: "The Murder of Grigorii Rasputin" has been inaugurated today. Everyone is welcome!

Margarita Nelipa

Offline LisaDavidson

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 15, 2010, 11:53:57 PM »
I have not finished reading it, but I can tell Forum Members that Margarita's book is scholarly, footnoted, and taken from many primary sources. Because of this, it is a must have for anyone who studies the history of Imperial Russia. It looks to be very good work, Margarita!

Offline Belochka

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 18, 2010, 03:13:52 AM »
I have not finished reading it, but I can tell Forum Members that Margarita's book is scholarly, footnoted, and taken from many primary sources. Because of this, it is a must have for anyone who studies the history of Imperial Russia. It looks to be very good work, Margarita!

I am so pleased that you are enjoying my book Lisa!

I tried very hard to bring together and personally translate many relatively untouched documents that cumulatively revealed a horrendous untold story about the conspiracy that involved the murder of an innocent man and brought down the Imperial Empire. It is my strong belief that is a story that needed to be told.

Best regards,

Margarita

Offline Laura Mabee

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Art in Avatar done by Lisa!
    • View Profile
    • Frozentears.Org
« Reply #51 on: July 20, 2010, 12:46:08 PM »
Great to know! Thanks for posting this Lisa!

Offline Helen_Azar

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Coming up Fall 2015: Tatiana's diaries and letters
    • View Profile
    • War-time diaries of Grand Duchess Olga Nikolaevna Romanov
« Reply #52 on: July 20, 2010, 12:47:10 PM »
I have the book in my possession (thank you Margarita!) and although I have not had the chance to really start reading it yet, I have looked through it carefully. It promises to be a great academic tool as well as an interesting read on its own. I am pretty sure this is the most comprehensive and accurate account of the events that took place in 1916. I am looking forward to devouring it soon!  :)

Offline Helen_Azar

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Coming up Fall 2015: Tatiana's diaries and letters
    • View Profile
    • War-time diaries of Grand Duchess Olga Nikolaevna Romanov
« Reply #53 on: July 20, 2010, 12:51:08 PM »
P.S. The Free Library of Philadelphia is very excited to have a copy added to our extensive Russian History collection, awaiting to be added to our catalog!

Offline Belochka

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 20, 2010, 09:47:59 PM »
P.S. The Free Library of Philadelphia is very excited to have a copy added to our extensive Russian History collection, awaiting to be added to our catalog!

I am delighted to hear this Helen. Thank you for the good news!

Best regards,

Margarita

Offline Belochka

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 24, 2010, 09:59:05 PM »
Hi Forum members,

Any reviews of my book are welcome.

Thanks in advance,

Margarita

Offline Dominic_Albanese

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 25, 2010, 06:59:25 PM »
I am still digesting it.  The book is very dense, full of information and well written.  I find myself reading a section then reading it over again.  There are many new theories in the book that I am still thinking about.  It is so well sourced that anyone with questions can work through their issues and/or speak to Margarita on here.  It is much more then 'just' a book on the death or Rasputin - there is so much surrounding and background information in it that makes it a must have book and compelling read.  To summarize I am still working through it and will be for awhile.  The *BEST* news for me - at the end, in the writeup on Margarita, she announces that she is working on a new bio on Alexander III - I hope it is packed as densely as this book - I can't wait.

Thanks Margarita for a great read...

More to follow.

best,
dca

Offline Paola

• Graf
  • I Love YaBB 2!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 26, 2010, 09:11:05 AM »
Dear Margarita,

I  ordered your book  last week from Librarie Galignani and Iam very much looking forward to read it. And how wonderfull to know about a new bio on Alexander III.

Offline Belochka

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 26, 2010, 11:23:57 PM »
I am still digesting it.  The book is very dense, full of information and well written.  I find myself reading a section then reading it over again.  There are many new theories in the book that I am still thinking about.  It is so well sourced that anyone with questions can work through their issues and/or speak to Margarita on here.  It is much more then 'just' a book on the death or Rasputin - there is so much surrounding and background information in it that makes it a must have book and compelling read.  To summarize I am still working through it and will be for awhile.  The *BEST* news for me - at the end, in the writeup on Margarita, she announces that she is working on a new bio on Alexander III - I hope it is packed as densely as this book - I can't wait.

Thanks Margarita for a great read...

More to follow.

best,
dca

Dear Dominic,

Many thanks for your very generous initial report.  : )

I welcome further comments about the book and would be pleased to entertain any questions you may have, in the near future.

BTW, AIII is maturing nicely. One feature, which may interest you is that I intend to provide a comprehensive portrait of Sasha's upbringing and childhood influences that shaped his character.

Best regards,

Margarita

Offline Belochka

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 26, 2010, 11:42:55 PM »
Dear Margarita,

I  ordered your book  last week from Librarie Galignani and Iam very much looking forward to read it. And how wonderfull to know about a new bio on Alexander III.

Many thanks for letting me know Paola!

I am enjoying my new research work that involves appraising AIII's life and the era in which he lived.

Best regards,

Margarita