Author Topic: Russian Scientists Claim Marie to be the Female Body Missing From Pigs Meadow Grave  (Read 77730 times)

Offline Helen_Azar

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Coming up Fall 2015: Tatiana's diaries and letters
    • View Profile
    • War-time diaries of Grand Duchess Olga Nikolaevna Romanov
There are so many claimants masquerading as OTMA and Alexei.  Could it be that all the children escaped and the people behind these claimants knew the truth.

Nope.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by helenazar »

Offline Belochka

• Velikye Knyaz
  • City of Peter stand in all your splendor - Pushkin
    • View Profile
There are so many claimants masquerading as OTMA and Alexei.  Could it be that all the children escaped and the people behind these claimants knew the truth.

The only truth claimants understand is that they are aware that they are trying to deceive others who are willing to listen.

Faces of Russia is now on Facebook!

http://www.searchfoundationinc.org/

Offline Candice

• Boyar
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
Exactly, by using deception there is no space for truth.

Offline Sian_Turner

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
Just a thought, having had a look at FOTR, for the zillionth time, it is such a well written piece of work!  However, I note from Yurovsky statements that they found no jewels on Marie at the Ganin mine, confirming in his mind her exclusion from the family.  But previously he says that Ermakov had a terrible time trying to kill her with a bayonet because it kept bouncing off her becuse of .... the protective layer of jewels.  It's just a thought.  Also having revisited The File on the Tsar (another good book which I will not dismiss out of hand as some on this site have done) would anybody like to comment on the telegram stating that the "family suffered the same fate as the head" which Sokolov so conveniently happened to suggest would contain the words family and fate? Sensible replies only please.

Maria_Romanov_fan

First of all, thanks everyone!  ;)
A new thought just poped into my mind. How many MN claimants were there, and does anyone knew who they really were?

Offline Alice

• Graf
    • View Profile
Just a thought, having had a look at FOTR, for the zillionth time, it is such a well written piece of work!  However, I note from Yurovsky statements that they found no jewels on Marie at the Ganin mine, confirming in his mind her exclusion from the family.  But previously he says that Ermakov had a terrible time trying to kill her with a bayonet because it kept bouncing off her becuse of .... the protective layer of jewels.  It's just a thought.  Also having revisited The File on the Tsar (another good book which I will not dismiss out of hand as some on this site have done) would anybody like to comment on the telegram stating that the "family suffered the same fate as the head" which Sokolov so conveniently happened to suggest would contain the words family and fate? Sensible replies only please.

Interesting thoughts, Sian. I don't discount the File on the Tsar either, as Summers and Mangold certainly did their homework and are well-respected in their field. Obviously, with the discovery of the grave, we now know that some of it was inaccurate, but that's not to say it was all inaccurate.

Offline Alice

• Graf
    • View Profile
First of all, thanks everyone!  ;)
A new thought just poped into my mind. How many MN claimants were there, and does anyone knew who they really were?

There was one, Granny Alena. She never actually said which Grand Duchess she was, her relatives assumed Anastasia. However, an Australian professor from Monash University (a very respectable university in Australia) analysed the skull of Alena and said she could be MN. There's more information about her on the "Imperial Claimants" forum.

Cheers.

Offline Helen_Azar

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Coming up Fall 2015: Tatiana's diaries and letters
    • View Profile
    • War-time diaries of Grand Duchess Olga Nikolaevna Romanov

There was one, Granny Alena. She never actually said which Grand Duchess she was, her relatives assumed Anastasia. However, an Australian professor from Monash University (a very respectable university in Australia) analysed the skull of Alena and said she could be MN. There's more information about her on the "Imperial Claimants" forum.

Cheers.

Alice,

Did they ever try to do DNA testing on her remains? How come they had her skull to examine, did they exhume her body for that?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by helenazar »

Offline Alice

• Graf
    • View Profile
Hi Helen,

Yes, her remains were exhumed in the hope of conducting a DNA test. Apparently DNA could not be extracted from the remains, because the climatic conditions in South Africa (where she was buried) caused the condition of the remains to deterioriate.

However, I am puzzled as to why her two sons haven't been tested. Alena and her husband had two sons.

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Alice »

Offline Sian_Turner

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
Thanks for your response Alice, it was just something I came across when I was re-reading FOTR, as I say, which struck me as slightly odd.  I'm also keen to hear about the recent work done in the area of the Four Brothers, will we be able to see any early reports of that work here on the site?  It would be fascinating to hear what has been happening.  I'd also be keen to hear about any proposals for work in the Ekaterinburg archives as I'm sure this will produce a great deal of material for discussion.  I still find it interesting that the Bolsheviks were apparently looking for someone after the "execution" and information on this would appear to come from several reasonable sources.  I would also be fascinated to hear about whether DNA results are expected, or have been discussed, from the family of the dutch lady who claimed to be the sixth daughter.  Although of course, this would be subject to their agreement.

Offline Martyn

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Martyn's Chips
    • View Profile
The National Geographic programme 'In Search of a Princess' was quite entertaining as a detective story, but that is the  best that can be said of it.
The major arguments for suggesting that Alina (is that how one spells her name?) was GD Maria was the superimposition of the photographs of each woman's face and comparing the similarities.
In the end didn't they manage to extract some DNA which conclusively proved that she was not Maria?
'For a galant spirit there can never be defeat'....Wallis Windsor

'The important things is not what they think of me, but what I think of them.'......QV

Offline Alice

• Graf
    • View Profile
I didn't hear about them being able to extract DNA from her remains.

But I would like to know why her sons weren't tested, and whether her teeth were analysed for consistency with the fillings and dental work of those found in the mass grave.

Offline Alice

• Graf
    • View Profile
Kay,

Do you know why her sons (or even her grandson) have not been DNA tested?

Thanks,

Alice

Offline Annie

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Anna Anderson Exposed!
 :o

This is fascinating, I hope we can get DNA tests on her family! I've always thought if anyone did survive they would not go around flaunting it as a claimant but live in obscurity. Wouldn't that be something if it was her? Keep us posted!

Offline Alice

• Graf
    • View Profile
When I return to Australia from Japan at the end of March, I might look up Louis Duvall and see if I can obtain further information about Granny Alena.