Author Topic: Russian Scientists Claim Marie to be the Female Body Missing From Pigs Meadow Grave  (Read 77729 times)

Maria_Romanov_fan

I have heard more than once that when the Romanov bodies where found, Russia wanted to make it seem as Maria had survived. Is that possible?
« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 02:26:04 AM by Alixz »

Offline Annie

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Anna Anderson Exposed!
It is true the Russian scientists believe it was Marie and not Anastasia who is missing. This is interesting, since we now have that story of Marie being in love with the guard, who also was missing. Now that would be a good story, much better than the AA story!

But sadly I don't think anyone could have escaped :'(
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Annie »

Offline Laura Mabee

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Art in Avatar done by Lisa!
    • View Profile
    • Frozentears.Org
This is interesting, since we now have that story of Marie being in love with the guard, who also was missing. Now that would be a good story

It is... The Kitchen Boy by Robert Alexander

Offline Alice

• Graf
    • View Profile
Also remember that Anastasia had only turned 17 the previous month . . . so the skeleton should've had an immature sacrum for it to be her.

Offline KatieAnn

• Graf
    • View Profile
Don't know if this is the right place to post this, but here goes.  In Britain, on National Geographic (a satellite/cable channel) on 20 December they're showing "In Search of A Princess", which tells the story of a woman who lived in South Africa for many years and claimed to be the Grand Duchess Marie.  Show time's about 9pm if I remember correctly.  Just thought the British contingent who get TELEWEST might want to have a look and see what they think.
Kathleen

Offline Annie

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Anna Anderson Exposed!
I won't be able to get that, but please do give us a review when you watch it. I'm always interested in new and different claimant stories!

Offline Lanie

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
Again people tend to forget that only Olga was positively identified by both teams.  Tatiana could be missing for all we know.  IMO the heights compared with photographs make no sense for ANY of them to be missing, even Anastasia--but that's just me.

Offline AGRBear

• Velikye Knyaz
  • The road to truth is the best one to travel.
    • View Profile
    • Romanov's  Russia
Quite some time ago,  I suggested Marie and her boyfriend were missing since her birthday.....  Nicholas II didn't write in his diary for a few days after the event... I thought something "Big" had happened....   But,  I was pounced on by those who had copies of the diaries who said Marie was mentioned in Alexandra's diary.... after that day....

Can we  assume that no one has ever tampered with the diary / diaries....???

Can we ask more questions about the possibility that Marie vanished on that day?

It was this point in time the CHEKA made a point of replacing the  guard commander Avdeyev with Yurovsky.

AGRBear

PS  There was a group who had set up a website to show how they thought the missing daughter was Tatiana....  Anyone remember the site's URL....?  Found it at:
http://www.livadia.org/missing/
PSS  Link where Maria and Alexandra's diaries were discussed:
http://hydrogen.pallasweb.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=anastasia;action=display;num=1074956237;start=200
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by AGRBear »
"What is true by lamplight is not always true by sunlight."

Joubert, Pensees, No. 152

Offline Alice

• Graf
    • View Profile
Don't know if this is the right place to post this, but here goes.  In Britain, on National Geographic (a satellite/cable channel) on 20 December they're showing "In Search of A Princess", which tells the story of a woman who lived in South Africa for many years and claimed to be the Grand Duchess Marie.  Show time's about 9pm if I remember correctly.  Just thought the British contingent who get TELEWEST might want to have a look and see what they think.

This will be the Granny Alina story. Worth a watch, I'd say.

Offline KatieAnn

• Graf
    • View Profile
Thanks for reminding me of her name!  It's been driving me crackers.  I think I may have seen this before but I'll watch again.  Still don't think any of them got out though - but, maybe, miracles can happen.
Kathleen

Offline Olga

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
Is that possible?

MRF, anything is possible if you believe it to be so.   ;)

Offline Madal

• Hi
    • View Profile
I think it is very dificult to diference between Marie and Anastasia bodies. They were sisters (same family), Marie was only two years old than Anastasia; found (or missing) body would be very similar ...

Offline stepan

• Boyar
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
About possible survivors you may also like to read "The Romanov Conspiracies" by Michael Occleshaw. Part of the book is about the possibility of Tatiana being rescued by plane by the british agent Richard Meinertzhagen. interesting story!

Offline Phil_tomaselli

• Graf
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
At the risk of going round an old loop for members I'm afraid Occleshaw's book does not bear serious examination.  A few points:

1/  Occleshaw has "Tatiana" flown out of Ekaterinberg by the British.  He doesn't explain how any aircraft got there or how it managed to then fly her to Vladivostok.  I have spoken at some length on this subject with the former editor of "Cross & Cockade International" and we are agreed there was no aircraft at the time could have feasibly done this.

2/ Occleshaw claims that records of the RAF contingent in North Russia 1918 (where he assumes the aircraft came from) are not released into the National Archive AIR1 papers and claims to have information they never will be.  He is correct in this - because they are in the AIR2 series and I have copies of them in my drawer.  Curiously they make no reference to a rescue mission.

3/ Occleshaw claims that Richard Meinertzhagen was working for a War Office section dealing with Intelligence on Russia - not according to the contemporary War Office List he wasn't.

4/ Occleshaw claims that a mysterious Miss Marguerite Lindsay who entered UK on 8 August 1918 on the same ship as Mrs Meinertzhagen was "Tatiana" as there is no record of her ever existing.  Those interested can trace her previous trans-atlantic journeys by looking her up on the Ellis Island web-site.  She seems to have travelled frequently prior to 1918.

5/ Occleshaw neglects to mention, in his excitement at finding Miss Lindsay arriving on the same ship as Mrs Meinertzhagen, that Richard meinertzhagen and his wife loathed each other like poison and their marriage was likely never consumated.  Mrs M is hardly the person he'd trust on a delicate mission.

Just a few of the fairly serious objections to Occleshaw's book which older members may have seen before.

Phil Tomaselli

Offline Candice

• Boyar
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
There are so many claimants masquerading as OTMA and Alexei.  Could it be that all the children escaped and the people behind these claimants knew the truth.