The Alexander Palace Time Machine Discussion Forum

User Info & Key Stats   
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
November 23, 2014, 03:46:23 AM
462540 Posts in 8996 Topics by 14527 Members
Latest Member: Ekaterina2012
News: We think Pallasart is the best web design company in Austin and for good reason - they make this forum possible! Looking for a website? Call them at 512 469-7454.
+  The Alexander Palace Time Machine Discussion Forum
|-+  Books and Films about the Romanovs and Imperial Russia
| |-+  Films and TV shows about the Romanovs and Imperial Russia (Moderators: BobAtchison, Forum Admin)
| | |-+  "The Revenge of the Romanovs" and other Documentaries
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author
Topic: "The Revenge of the Romanovs" and other Documentaries  (Read 4252 times)
« on: November 26, 2004, 11:02:37 PM »
Abby Offline
Knyaz
July 18th 2005: 87 years Posts: 638

View Profile

Hey everybody, I was wondering if any of you have ever seen the VHS/DVD of "The Revenge of the Romanovs?" (title is kind of ironic, huh! How did they get revenge?!)
I was cruising Amazon.com and looking for things to add to my Christmas list and someone made a list of Romanov films and this one was on it, along with:

A&E: "Secrets of the Romanovs"
National Geographic "Russia's Last Tsar"
Biography A&E: "Anastasia"
"The Fall of the Romanov Dynasty"
NOVA: "Anastasia: Dead or Alive"

If anyone has any information about these, re: whether or not they are worth spending money on, I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks everybody! have a good night
« Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 08:13:55 AM by Alixz » Logged
Reply #1
« on: November 26, 2004, 11:06:49 PM »
Robert_Hall Offline
Velikye Knyaz
a site. Posts: 6652

View Profile

I have all of them. They are ok, the Anasatsia ones are not all that great though. [to me]

Life may not be the party we expected, but while we are here, might as well dance..

Do you want the truth, or my side of the story ?- Hank Ketchum.
Reply #2
« on: November 29, 2004, 09:19:44 AM »
Laura Mabee Offline
Velikye Knyaz
Art in Avatar done by Lisa! Posts: 2164

View Profile WWW

I saw it a few years ago. It was interesting, it would definatly be something I would have in my Romanov collection. Then again, I'm the kinda person who would have anything Romanov in my collection. It kinda leaves you at square one eh? Sorry.

Overall, I think it was good  Smiley
Reply #3
« on: January 22, 2005, 08:20:10 PM »
moonlight_tsarina Offline
Velikye Knyaz

View Profile WWW

Hey everybody, I was wondering if any of you have ever seen the VHS/DVD of "The Revenge of the Romanovs?" (title is kind of ironic, huh! How did they get revenge?!)
I was cruising Amazon.com and looking for things to add to my Christmas list and someone made a list of Romanov films and this one was on it, along with:

If anyone has any information about these, re: whether or not they are worth spending money on, I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks everybody! have a good night

Yeah, i thouht the titel was kind of lame, lol, but it is an excellant movie. I have all those movies as well, except for the fall of the romanov dynasty, and Nova: Anastasia was very good as well. The ae bio irks me however, it's almost like a bio of anna anserson, not ansatsia nicholaievna. Sad

Check out my site!

www.freewebs.com/moonlight_tsarina

"Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil...but only love." -Olga Nikolayevna
Reply #4
« on: January 23, 2005, 08:44:02 AM »
Abby Offline
Knyaz

View Profile

I agree about the A&E bio. I got it for Christmas. I liked it ; it was very good, however I wished it put a little more emphasis on the REAL Anastasia!
I just ordered "Revenge of the Romanovs" and it should come to me soon.
Reply #5
« on: January 23, 2005, 08:12:45 PM »
Velikye Knyaz

View Profile WWW

I think you'll be pretty satisfied with Revenge of the Romanovs, and it's the most recent, and it's about two hours long.  Shocked
« Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 08:10:47 AM by Alixz » Logged

Check out my site!

"Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil...but only love." -Olga Nikolayevna
Reply #6
« on: January 28, 2005, 12:34:42 PM »
Abby Offline
Knyaz

View Profile

It was pretty good. It was 54 minutes long though (according to the package). It was kind of boring at the end when they were showing clips of Yeltsin over and over.
But the part when they were exhuming the skeletons for the first time was riveting! I wish they had shown more of that part; and I can see how people protested the mishandling of the skeletons. They were just ripping them out of the ground and laying them down on this sheet covered surface. It is easy to imagine that some bones might have even been displaced during the first exhumation.
Reply #7
« on: January 28, 2005, 05:13:06 PM »
Ortino Offline
Knyaz
Ortino Posts: 984

View Profile

I have the A&E version of "Anastasia" and all I can say about it was that it alright. Not wonderful, but not terrible. They exaggerated and made some mistakes,  like her living in a palace with a "thousand rooms" and being "waited on hand and foot". Everyone here knows that both of those statements are false. I think they focused too much on Anna Anderson also. They should have talked about the real Anastasia more rather than giving a quick, brief summary of her life.
Reply #8
« on: January 28, 2005, 07:15:41 PM »
londo954 Offline
Graf
Live Long and Prosper Posts: 347

View Profile

If you purchase the MGM version of ANASTASIA with Ingrid Bergman the DVD includes the A& E Documentary and some interesting film of the real royal family
« Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 08:12:07 AM by Alixz » Logged
Reply #9
« on: January 28, 2005, 07:39:16 PM »
Velikye Knyaz

View Profile WWW

I have the A&E version of "Anastasia" and all I can say about it was that it alright. Not wonderful, but not terrible. They exaggerated and made some mistakes,  like her living in a palace with a "thousand rooms" and being "waited on hand and foot". Everyone here knows that both of those statements are false. I think they focused too much on Anna Anderson also. They should have talked about the real Anastasia more rather than giving a quick, brief summary of her life.

quite so! i thought the same, and i think i put it too under the ae bio page. if anyone who "knew" about the girls and alexei, they would find this 100% unaccurate, and they didnt live in a "1000" room palace, and they were quite capable of doing most things for them selves in the papalce. and they never gave orders, only, "if it wouldnt be too hard" and so on.

Check out my site!

Reply #10
« on: February 22, 2006, 07:48:51 AM »
julia.montague

4th March 2006
20.15-21.00 Phoenix

Die Rache der Romanows
Ein Film von Alain de Sodouy und Tania Rakhmanowa
Zar Nikolaus II. fiel zusammen mit seiner Familie 1918 einem Attentat der Bolschewiken im Chaos des russischen Bürgerkriegs zum Opfer. Bis heute ranken sich zahlreichen Mythen um das Massaker. Obwohl die sterblichen Überreste der Romanows mittlerweile gefunden worden sind, fehlen nach neuesten DNS-Untersuchungen die Leichen der Kinder Alexej und Maria.

Reply #11
« on: February 23, 2006, 06:57:15 PM »
Caleb Offline
Graf
I love YaBB 1G - SP1! Posts: 447

View Profile

Could we have an English translation? I only know a couple words in German.
Reply #12
« on: February 24, 2006, 07:54:16 AM »
julia.montague

The documentary is called "The revenge of the Romanovs", the description just says that they were murdered and these things Tongue
Reply #13
« on: March 04, 2006, 09:05:33 AM »
julia.montague

TODAY!!!
Reply #14
« on: October 13, 2007, 07:43:22 PM »
Laura Mabee Offline
Velikye Knyaz
Art in Avatar done by Lisa! Posts: 2164

View Profile WWW

Hi Rodney_G.
I know of a place you can see it. PM me for details! ^_^