The Alexander Palace Time Machine Discussion Forum

User Info & Key Stats   
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
September 17, 2014, 04:38:09 PM
461954 Posts in 8953 Topics by 14518 Members
Latest Member: hisbuff
News: We think Pallasart is the best web design company in Austin and for good reason - they make this forum possible! Looking for a website? Call them at 512 469-7454.
+  The Alexander Palace Time Machine Discussion Forum
|-+  Discussions about the Imperial Family and European Royalty
| |-+  Alexandra Feodorovna (Moderators: LisaDavidson, BobAtchison, Forum Admin)
| | |-+  the newly-painted icon of Tsarina Alexandra Feodorovna
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author
Topic: the newly-painted icon of Tsarina Alexandra Feodorovna  (Read 7512 times)
« on: February 16, 2008, 07:01:45 AM »
anna_k Offline

View Profile

this icon was painted in 2006
as a sign of gratefulness of my parents to the Holy New Martyr Tsarina for her miracle to us

Reply #1
« on: February 16, 2008, 07:03:57 AM »
anna_k Offline

View Profile

Reply #2
« on: February 19, 2008, 07:28:43 PM »
Laura Mabee Offline
Velikye Knyaz
Art in Avatar done by Lisa! Posts: 2159

View Profile WWW

Beautiful Anna_K!
Thank you for sharing!
Reply #3
« on: February 19, 2008, 08:33:55 PM »
pandora Offline
Whatever you are, be a good one. Abraham Lincoln Posts: 71

View Profile

What a beautiful icon! Thank you for posting it.
Reply #4
« on: February 19, 2008, 10:29:26 PM »
Valéria Offline

View Profile

It's so beautiful!!! I really love Alix. She was a great woman.
Thank you for sharing.
Reply #5
« on: February 20, 2008, 04:52:23 AM »
anna_k Offline

View Profile

It is my holy duty before the Tsarina-Martyr to inform anyone and everyone about her holy help to those who pray unto her.
Reply #6
« on: April 21, 2008, 10:23:18 AM »
Ena Offline
Boyar

View Profile WWW

Such a beautiful icon!  Anna, please excuse my ignorance, but I'm very curious.  How does one ask for help from Alexandra and do you pray to her for certain problems? Is it like in the Catholic faith where you pray to a specific saint for help?  What I mean is that for instance, if you lost something you would pray to St. Anthony or you would pray to St Jude for lost or desperate causes.  Would this be along the same lines?

Thanks!  Smiley   

Demand UK Citizenship Equality Now

Remove the discrimination against children born out of wedlock before 2006 to British fathers.
Reply #7
« on: April 28, 2008, 04:28:53 AM »
anna_k Offline

View Profile

glad that you have asked Smiley
in our orthodox christian tradition we often pray unto a saint for help, guidance and protection  as consider ourselves too sinful to address with this or that demand directly unto our Heavenly Father.
and saints, especially martyrs have been adorned by God with such a strength that they can be mediators between us and our Lord and carry our prayers directly to the Throne of our Almighty Father.
i have a text of akathistos (in Russian) to saint-martyr Tsarina Alexandra, i read it and ask for her guidance and help, addressing: Holy Martyr Tsarina Alexandra, pray unto God for us!
we are all christians and such great saints as the Holy Imperial Family help to all of us if we ask them and glorify them in our daily prayers.
Thank you for your question, i will be glad if my answer brings some clarification Smiley
Reply #8
« on: April 28, 2008, 04:35:04 PM »
RealAnastasia Offline
Velikye Knyaz
I love YaBB 1G - SP1! Posts: 1896

View Profile

Thank you for these clarifications. I'm a Catholic and I was always interested in the differences between Orthodoxy and Catholicism. I'm specially interested in knowing what kind of Holy power Holy Martyrs has to help sinners near God.

I'm seeing that Martyrs, in Catholic Faith accomplish a similar role than in Orthodoxy.

Thanks for your insight, Anna_K. As for the Ikon, it's beatiful.

RealAnastasia.
Reply #9
« on: April 28, 2008, 11:52:23 PM »
Mari Offline
Knyaz

View Profile

Very beautiful Icon..I have an old one from Greece of the Virgin Mary.
Reply #10
« on: April 30, 2008, 03:08:51 AM »
anna_k Offline

View Profile

Thank you for these clarifications. I'm a Catholic and I was always interested in the differences between Orthodoxy and Catholicism. I'm specially interested in knowing what kind of Holy power Holy Martyrs has to help sinners near God.

I'm seeing that Martyrs, in Catholic Faith accomplish a similar role than in Orthodoxy.

Thanks for your insight, Anna_K. As for the Ikon, it's beatiful.

RealAnastasia.

You're welcome!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: