Author Topic: yacht standardt 1895  (Read 48556 times)

fernando giannotta

yacht standardt 1895
« on: January 28, 2004, 09:38:35 AM »
  hello
         im calling from brasil and would like what the real
color of the standard funnels, yellow or white.

thanks
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by admin »

Offline JD

• Boyar
    • View Profile
Re: yacht standard
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2004, 08:03:06 PM »
Are there any interior photos of the Standart?

fernando giannotta

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2004, 09:07:44 AM »
 hello
  thanks for all, if is possible i would like to see this photos
    of the polar star and standard

thanks

Offline Robert_Hall

• Velikye Knyaz
  • a site.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2004, 02:44:48 PM »
There is a beautiful [& costly] book on the Imperial Yachts. Unfortunately, it is in Russian and I cannot type Cyrilic on this keyboard.
The colour photos make the volume a worthwhile investment. Many of the interiors as well as scale models of the ships themselves.
The ISB# is 5 8276 0016 4
I have often wondered what actually happened to them after the revolution. I read that one was used in WWII as a minesweeper or something, and that at least one served as a prison during the revolution.
Life may not be the party we expected, but while we are here, might as well dance..

Do you want the truth, or my side of the story ?- Hank Ketchum.

James Nicolas

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2004, 05:35:25 PM »
Yes,  can someone advise what happened to the Standart after the Revolution ?

Chris Snyder

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2004, 06:51:43 PM »
If my memory serves me correctly, the Standart was at first a prisoner ship, (Anna Vyrubrova was at one time a prisoner in the coal room) and then as a mine sweeper during WWII.  Isnt it awful to think of the Standart (the most luxurious and envied yacht of its time) as a mine sweeper??!!  It was then taken out of the service and destroyed early in the 1960's.  If anyone has more detailed information, please let us know!

Sunny

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2004, 06:59:34 PM »
Have read that the Standart was used for target practice, and was literally shot to bits.

Offline Robert_Hall

• Velikye Knyaz
  • a site.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2004, 07:20:09 PM »
I do not know if this is true, but I have been told that a lot of the interior fittings of both yachts were used in Stalin's dacha.
Most of the portable, i.e. china, furniture,etc. were sold at auctions. The china still comes up at some shops...very exspensive. What wasn't broken or looted was basically sold or used for dearly needed scrap.. Thus the fate of Imperial yachts, minesweepers, target practice.
Afterthought, there is a wonderful site at ...Beinecke.library.yale.edu/romanov that has literally hundreds of photos of the family, including many on the yachts.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Robert_Hall »
Life may not be the party we expected, but while we are here, might as well dance..

Do you want the truth, or my side of the story ?- Hank Ketchum.

JamesHogland

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2004, 01:41:16 PM »
There is an excellent web page on the yacht Standart at http://www.antver.com/history/standart. After the Revolution it was renamed Marti. It was dropped from Jane's in 1963 and apparently scrapped in Reval, Estonia the same year.In 1937 she was completely overhauled and rebuilt in the shipyard in Lenningrad.
The info about her fittings and furnishings being used in Stalin's dacha has a ring of truth about it.

Offline F.R.S.G.

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2004, 09:13:54 AM »
 hello
 i would like to know who have the internal drawings or plans of  the imperial accomodations on the standard.
can send for me??????

thanks fernando

Sarai Porretta

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2004, 03:25:57 PM »
For a good history on the Standart, check out this link:
http://www.angelfire.com/pa/ImperialRussian/royalty/russia/yacht.html

David Newell

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2004, 12:42:21 PM »
The Public Records Office at Kew London has a full set of the Standarts blueprints, these may have been moved to the Maritime Museuem at Greenwich. Nichoas II gave his Uncle Edward VII a set.

hello
  i would like to know who have the internal drawings or plans of  the imperial accomodations on the standard.
 can send for me??????

thanks fernando

David

« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2004, 11:28:55 PM »
I could be wrong, but I believe the yacht that was used as a prison during the revolution- and even housed former passenger Anna Vyrubova- was the Polar Star and not the Standard. I believe the Standard was in the Crimea at the time of the revolution...but again, I could be wrong. The Polar Star was the Dowager Empresses yacht.

Offline BobAtchison

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • The Alexander Palace
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2004, 03:19:12 PM »
I just read the following:

"Jack (Hoth) bought the Czar's yacht, and escaped with it, taking his beloved Alexander - the valet he gave me as a nurse in the Astoria - into Finland; then, landing on his feet as he always did, Jack came to England, married a lovely woman; and he was driving with her, in her Rolls-Royce, to winter on the Riveria, when he caught pneumonia and - Jack Hoth, of all people - died in his bed."

I wonder if that was the Standardt - no dates are given...  anyone ever hear this story before?

Bob

Offline Joanna

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Winter Palace Research
    • View Profile
    • Winter Palace Research
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2004, 07:35:58 PM »
There is a site that has the history of the Standart and its subsequent renaming Marti and includes photos from Gangut Magazine 2001 and scale models:

http://www.steelnavy.com/CombrigMarti.htm

As they quote: "...the Soviet Navy couldn't ignore a vessel the size of a cruiser. Some practical use could be found for it..."

Joanna