Author Topic: Lenin's Childhood - Family History - His Hair  (Read 48385 times)

Offline Forum Admin

• Administrator
  • Velikye Knyaz
  • www.alexanderpalace.org
    • View Profile
    • Alexander Palace Time Machine
Re: Lenin's Childhood - Family History - His Hair
« Reply #45 on: December 05, 2004, 04:19:18 PM »
ummm, I thought this topic was called "young Lenin with hair"...what does this all have to do with the topic?

Dashkova

« Reply #46 on: December 05, 2004, 05:59:13 PM »
ummm, I thought this topic was called "young Lenin with hair"...what does this all have to do with the topic?

Apologies for the many interesting tangents the topic has created, but I think everyone who is posting is enjoying this thread  (and getting along so well, wow what a concept)!

Offline Merrique

• Knyaz
  • aka Yekaterina Yevgenievna
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 05, 2004, 06:04:41 PM »

Sorry about this FA.We all just got carried away fawning over handsome revos and russian men,and it looks like women too.We just can't help ourselves.
We have strayed from the topic but it's turned out to be a good thing.No ones fighting or giving each other sarcastic remarks.We is being good for a change. ;D
Don't knock on Death's door....ring the doorbell and run. He hates that.:D

Offline Forum Admin

• Administrator
  • Velikye Knyaz
  • www.alexanderpalace.org
    • View Profile
    • Alexander Palace Time Machine
« Reply #48 on: December 05, 2004, 06:34:43 PM »
I don't care how much "fun" y'all are having. What I do care about is keeping threads on topic. if you want to start another thread fine. but I've deleted all the off topic posts after my warning. If you guys can't stick to the topic, this one gets locked. I don't mean to be 'mean" but I have a responsibility to keep things on point.

FA

Offline Helen_Azar

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Coming up Fall 2015: Tatiana's diaries and letters
    • View Profile
    • War-time diaries of Grand Duchess Olga Nikolaevna Romanov
« Reply #49 on: December 05, 2004, 07:08:45 PM »
Ok, does anyone have anything else to say about young Lenin with hair?  :)

Sergio

« Reply #50 on: December 05, 2004, 07:11:56 PM »
I just want to say one thing: Lenin lost his hair very quickly and so young! What a terrible thing to happen to a teenager.  :-/
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Sergio »

Offline Mandie, the Gothic Empress

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Olga.Tatiana.Maria.Anastasia + Alexei
    • View Profile
    • Romanovs of Russia
« Reply #51 on: December 05, 2004, 07:30:38 PM »

Kruschiev                                Leonid Ilyich Brezhnev                                      Gorbachev
                                           Леонид Ильич Брежнев                                                                     

The 3rd pic, ok What is on that guy's head? sorry before i write one? lol sorry
« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 08:52:59 AM by Alixz »

Offline Helen_Azar

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 05, 2004, 07:40:46 PM »

The 3rd pic, ok What is one that guy's head?

We have to stick to the topic of young Lenin with hair. Sorry.
;)

Offline Louise

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 05, 2004, 07:42:40 PM »
I don't have a thing nice or indifferent to say about Lenin's hair, or Stalin's hair etc. What I do have to say is that I find it very difficult to understand why people who post here under the guise of learning more about the Romanov's, The Alexander Palace, and Russian Imperial history have to fawn and make adolscent comments about the men who directly/indirectly cause the death of the IF and their relatives. And I find it more than disgusting to fawn over men who contributed to the wholesale slaughter of their fellow countrymen and women. I find it neither funny, nor cute. I do find it more than sickening.

While I applaud the expression of free speech, I also wish understanding the responsibilty of that free speech was taken and understood.

Louise

The sign of a sick mind is studying for a final exam and thinking it's the

Offline Helen_Azar

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 05, 2004, 08:09:03 PM »
I don't have a thing nice or indifferent to say about Lenin's hair, or Stalin's hair etc. What I do have to say is that I find it very difficult to understand why people who post here under the guise of learning more about the Romanov's, The Alexander Palace, and Russian Imperial history have to fawn and make adolscent comments about the men who directly/indirectly cause the death of the IF and their relatives. And I find it more than disgusting to fawn over men who contributed to the wholesale slaughter of their fellow countrymen and women. I find it neither funny, nor cute. I do find it more than sickening.

While I applaud the expression of free speech, I also wish understanding the responsibilty of that free speech was taken and understood.

Louise

Louise, everyone is just being silly, perhaps as a reaction to all the arguing that's been going on here recently. Sometimes it's nice to stop being ultra serious all the time and just lighten up. No one means anything by it, it's just for fun.

Helen

Offline Mandie, the Gothic Empress

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Olga.Tatiana.Maria.Anastasia + Alexei
    • View Profile
    • Romanovs of Russia
« Reply #55 on: December 05, 2004, 09:11:12 PM »

We have to stick to the topic of young Lenin with hair. Sorry.
 ;)

I know it off topic, but what the hell is on his head? ???

Well back to topic, I never knew Lenin had hair, because most pics I see of him his hair is gone. PLUS  " I NEVER liked Lenin", so iIdon't care if he had hair.  >:( for what he did to the Romanovs.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2009, 07:40:49 PM by Alixz »

Offline Helen_Azar

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 05, 2004, 09:23:08 PM »

I know it off topic, but what the hell is on his head? ???

Well back to topic, I never know Lenin had hair, because most pics i see of him his hair is  gone. PLUS  " I NEVER liked Lenin", so i don't care if he had hair.  >:( for what he did to the Romanovs.

I believe that it is a birthmark they call "portwine stain" - it has been Gorby's trade mark.

Lenin's hair (or lack of) may be a fascinating subject for some - so let's refrain from being so judgmental  ;).

Offline Annie

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Anna Anderson Exposed!
« Reply #57 on: December 06, 2004, 08:04:56 AM »
I wonder if the loss of his hair at such an extremely young age had an effect on his psychological makeup? I'm serious, this could have worked to make him an even more bitter and negative person.

Offline Helen_Azar

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 06, 2004, 08:47:11 AM »
I wonder if the loss of his hair at such an extremely young age had an effect on his psychological makeup? I'm serious, this could have worked to make him an even more bitter and negative person.

It could very well be... I remember reading in one of the Romanov books, it may have been N & A, that just around 1916-17 when Lenin was living abroad, he was getting really frustrated about the way things were going in Russia and thinking that the revolution will not happen during his lifetime, and besides that, the hair balm he purchased to help his bald pate was not working either. I am serious, this is what the book said! At the time I thought it was kind of funny. But maybe some of his personality was shaped by this "hair" (or lack thereof) frustration. Hey, I've heard of stranger things! Does anyone else remember the passage I am talking about?

Offline Olga

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 06, 2004, 09:24:13 AM »
Yes, I remember that passage.