The Alexander Palace Time Machine Discussion Forum

User Info & Key Stats   
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
November 01, 2014, 03:15:02 AM
462259 Posts in 8977 Topics by 14524 Members
Latest Member: venus48220
News: We think Pallasart is the best web design company in Austin and for good reason - they make this forum possible! Looking for a website? Call them at 512 469-7454.
+  The Alexander Palace Time Machine Discussion Forum
|-+  Discussions about the Imperial Family and European Royalty
| |-+  Maria Nicholaievna (Moderators: Sarushka, BobAtchison, Forum Admin)
| | |-+  GDss Marie and Louis "Dickie" Mountbatten
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Go Down Print
Author
Topic: GDss Marie and Louis "Dickie" Mountbatten  (Read 49402 times)
Reply #90
« on: November 04, 2009, 02:11:00 AM »
Ally Kumari Offline
Velikye Knyaz

View Profile WWW

Reply #91
« on: November 04, 2009, 05:53:25 AM »
Grand Princess Shandroise Offline
Velikye Knyaz
1 Corinthians 13, Mark 11: 23-24, Romans 8: 38-39 Posts: 2079

View Profile

Thank you oh very, very much, Ally! God bless you! Thoí I have that picture for a long time already, itís just today that I knew Dicki Mountbatten was behind them! I think he was stalking Maria based on his location and position. Thatís how I stalk my crush, too (sorry for this off-topic sentence).

Amazing colored fotos  by Yelena Aleksandrovna. Immeasurable thanks!!
Reply #92
« on: November 04, 2009, 08:11:43 AM »
Kalafrana Offline
Velikye Knyaz

View Profile

'In The Lost Prince, Prince John is an admirer of Marie. Any truth in that?'

Prince John could not have been an admirer of Marie's in any romantic sense (though he may have liked her as an older cousin). The only time they could have met was when Nicholas and family visited Britain in 1909. John was four years old!

Ann
Reply #93
« on: November 05, 2009, 12:52:41 AM »
Carisbrooke Offline
Boyar

View Profile

The munzenberg picture has always driven me nuts. I seem to have looked at every photo of the castle on the net searching for this location. I have also found a castle plan on the net & I still can't make out where it is.

Anyone know ?
Anyone been to munzenberg ?

Nice outfits by the way, & who is that strange girl to maria's left. ..........   Only joking of course, but doesn't she look odd.

As to louis ever marrying maria, surely he must have known this would be a non-starter. My opinion only you understand.
Reply #94
« on: November 05, 2009, 01:35:37 AM »
Grand Princess Shandroise Offline
Velikye Knyaz
1 Corinthians 13, Mark 11: 23-24, Romans 8: 38-39 Posts: 2079

View Profile

The one with Maria is Anastasia ;-)

Amazing colored fotos  by Yelena Aleksandrovna. Immeasurable thanks!!
Reply #95
« on: November 05, 2009, 05:55:00 AM »
Carisbrooke Offline
Boyar

View Profile

Many thanks princess. I knew I should have used a smiley in "who's that strange girl". Any misunderstanding is totally my fault.

I was commenting on her general expression, perhaps she's playing the fool as usual. It is a nice photo of maria though, & thank you for your early reply.   
Reply #96
« on: November 06, 2009, 11:40:33 AM »
Yelena Aleksandrovna Offline
Velikye Knyaz
Евгений Плющенко ~фигурное катание царь Posts: 3612

View Profile WWW

This photo is very beautiful, they look very well with these big hats ;-)
And thanks for the info related to it ;-)

Please visit my site: Glitter of the past
Reply #97
« on: November 06, 2009, 09:11:05 PM »
RealAnastasia Offline
Velikye Knyaz
I love YaBB 1G - SP1! Posts: 1896

View Profile

Anastasia's facial expression is priceless . Sorta she is mimicking her older sister who was putting her gloves on.  Grin

RealAnastasia.
Reply #98
« on: December 11, 2009, 02:35:49 AM »
RHB Offline
Boyar
Four Sisters Always Remembered Posts: 194

View Profile

I was mad about her, and determined to marry her. You could not imagine anyone more beautiful than she was [. . .]" -- Louis "Dickie" Mountbatten

I remember reading the full thing about wanting to marry her but i don't remember where could someone please post it or at least lead me to where i may have read it thank you!

<-- GDAndrea

Live and Die together!
Reply #99
« on: December 12, 2009, 12:32:31 AM »
LisaDavidson Offline
Velikye Knyaz

View Profile

I was mad about her, and determined to marry her. You could not imagine anyone more beautiful than she was [. . .]" -- Louis "Dickie" Mountbatten

I remember reading the full thing about wanting to marry her but i don't remember where could someone please post it or at least lead me to where i may have read it thank you!

I've seen this several places - Flight of the Romanovs - a TV interview with LLM - and perhaps in the family bio on the Mountbattens
Reply #100
« on: December 12, 2009, 01:24:50 AM »
RHB Offline
Boyar
Four Sisters Always Remembered Posts: 194

View Profile

I've seen this several places - Flight of the Romanovs - a TV interview with LLM - and perhaps in the family bio on the Mountbattens

thank you Lisa although I meant like a site or thread... wait do they mention it in (only book i have) FOTR?  Wink

<-- GDAndrea

Live and Die together!
Reply #101
« on: August 31, 2010, 05:02:32 AM »
Carisbrooke Offline
Boyar

View Profile

This coming sunday the 5th of september it will be 100 years to the day since the IF visited munzenberg, see #90 photo post by GD Ally. The date is from Charlotte Zeepvat's CAMARA AND THE TSARS & she's always spot on with all her facts. For those who like to google earth I surmise (or guess) it was taken at the southern end of the castle somewhere along the burgweg entrance. Both M & A are facing south into the sun, & by the length of the shadows I estimate the time of day to be around 11am to 1pm.  .........Wish I could be there.
Reply #102
« on: February 11, 2011, 12:32:41 PM »
Rodney_G. Offline
Knyaz
an angel .....and the best of them Posts: 736

View Profile

About Louis Mountbatten having a picture of GD Marie at his bedside til the day he died: That seems to be true and I pretty much accepted it when I first read about it. The question is: What did his wife Edwina think about it? Your spouse having a picture of his young beloved in sight near the marital bed can't possibly be good for your marriage. Even if it's taken for what it was, just a fond old remembrance of a long past infatuation, it would be pretty troubling. Hmmm.

Rodney G.
Reply #103
« on: February 11, 2011, 12:54:17 PM »
Robert_Hall Offline
Velikye Knyaz
a site. Posts: 6652

View Profile

I think Marina would have no room to complain, considering their rather "open" relationship.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 12:57:59 PM by Robert_Hall » Logged

Life may not be the party we expected, but while we are here, might as well dance..

Do you want the truth, or my side of the story ?- Hank Ketchum.
Reply #104
« on: February 11, 2011, 01:14:35 PM »
aleksandr pavlovich

Agreed, Robert!  All one has to do is read a bit about the couple and "surprises"  DO develop!   Regards,   AP.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: