Author Topic: Help needed identifying a (possible) Lyceum badge.  (Read 4017 times)

Offline Clevedon

• View Profile
Help needed identifying a (possible) Lyceum badge.
« on: October 30, 2008, 06:12:15 AM »
Hello,i'm new to this fascinating forum and i wonder if any of you can help me.I have a nineteenth century silver and silver gilt badge and i have been told that is possibly from the 'Alexander Imperial Lycee of Tsarskoe Selo'.Its description is as follows......Just under two and a half inches high with an Imperial eagle within an oval wreath with Alexanders II's 'A' across the centre....nothing unusual about that i realise,but this is the part that i cannot identify.....at the base of the badge is a crowned column with some steps at its base and some cyrillic script.
 Does this ring any bells with anybody?Any help would be most appreciated

Offline Nemos

• Knyaz
  • У Жака простака спина широка
    • View Profile
    • Царское Село
Re: Help needed identifying a (possible) Lyceum badge.
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2008, 08:30:59 AM »
Гербом Лицея была Сова на книге, на против лицея он на изображён на первом крыльце дома. Знаю "гуляет" по рукам серебро из Императорского вокзала в Царском Селе.
The Owl on the book was the Lycée arms, on against lycée it on is represented on the first porch of the house. I know silver from Imperial station in Tsarskoje Selo is handed around.
At Jacque of the gawk...
book-old.ru

Offline Clevedon

• View Profile
Re: Help needed identifying a (possible) Lyceum badge.
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2008, 08:45:05 AM »
Thanks for your reply Nemos....so it looks like my information was wrong and the badge is not from the Lyceum.Does anybody have any other ideas?