Author Topic: Georg and Isabella  (Read 16664 times)

Offline Jose II

• Boyar
    • View Profile
Re: Georg and Isabella
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2009, 12:20:39 PM »
Can you please post Josepha's picture ?

Thanks in advance.

Offline REMI

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2009, 05:50:43 PM »
Can you please post Josepha's picture ?

Thanks in advance.

Look at the post of Mari (reply nr 13) There is a link for Josepha's picture!

REMI

Offline synnadene

• Boyar
  • Maria Annunziata 1843-1871
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2009, 03:07:50 PM »

Isabella

Offline beladona

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2009, 03:41:49 PM »
Isnīt it strange that beautiful Josepha became a companion to Georg of Bavaria in 1897 and their only child was born in 1919 (same year when Georg started to study theology)?

Offline Paola

• Graf
  • I Love YaBB 2!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2009, 07:14:24 AM »
If 22 years after starting their relationship they had a son, it means they were still in love. George was divorced from Isabella and Josepha was I think single. Why not a morganatic marriage to Josepha in 1919 instead of becoming priest?

Offline REMI

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2009, 08:15:00 AM »
If 22 years after starting their relationship they had a son, it means they were still in love. George was divorced from Isabella and Josepha was I think single. Why not a morganatic marriage to Josepha in 1919 instead of becoming priest?

Are we absolutly sure that Frantisek Zapletal is really prinz Georg von Bayern's son? Only Frantisek says that. He was not recognized by his supposed father...

REMI

Offline Mari

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: January 23, 2009, 02:26:28 AM by Mari »

Offline Marlene

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I live and breath QVD
    • View Profile
    • Royal Musings
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2009, 01:43:09 PM »
You cannot accept everything that you find on the internet to be truth ...

Georg did not have a son.

I have just found that Georg would have had a son with a certain...Josepha Zapletal, Frantisek! (1880-1999).What about???

http://www.geocities.com/weissundblau

REMI
Author of Queen Victoria's Descendants,
& publisher of Royal Book News.
Visit my blog, Royal Musings  http://royalmusingsblogspotcom.blogspot.com/

Offline Marlene

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I live and breath QVD
    • View Profile
    • Royal Musings
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2009, 01:44:47 PM »
The story about Georg having a relationship with Josepha is totally false. Never happened. No son ...

Offline Marlene

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I live and breath QVD
    • View Profile
    • Royal Musings
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2009, 01:45:43 PM »
Why not: well because there was no Josepha. THE STORY IS FALSE!   Totallly made up!

Offline Marlene

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I live and breath QVD
    • View Profile
    • Royal Musings
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2009, 01:48:54 PM »
The story is totally false - and that becomes evident when reading the story and finding inconsistencies and improbabilities.  Georg never had a son ..

Are we absolutly sure that Frantisek Zapletal is really prinz Georg von Bayern's son? Only Frantisek says that. He was not recognized by his supposed father...

REMI

Offline blackaces41

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2009, 01:47:07 PM »
I can tell you for a fact that Prince Georg of Bavaria had a son! With all the respect to Marlene, she is wrong...

In 1980's I did research at the Bayerisches Hauptstaatsarchiv in Munich. Also, I had a limited permission to conduct some work at the Geheimes Hausarchiv and the Kriegsarchiv. During that time, I was privy to see a copy of court cases, which took place in Czechoslovakia and later continued in (I believe) Breslau, Silesia, regarding the legitimacy and name rights of Prince Georg's son. Among the many papers was a typed letter from the Prince confirming that he is a father of this child - e.g. Declaration of Paternity. I do not remember exactly the wording of it, but it was very short letter from either 1919 or 1920. What I found interesting was that the Prince was at that time living in Austria under the alias Georg Wartenberg. Of course, that may have been the result of the fact that aristocracy and the aristocratic titles were outlawed in the Austrian Republic following WWI.

In conclusion, what Marlene said in her posts is wrong. I don't know what she is basing her opinions on, but it is not the facts. I saw the evidence with my own eyes and the proof indeed exists.

Warm greetings,

Erik

Offline Paola

• Graf
  • I Love YaBB 2!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2009, 02:43:01 AM »
Interesting information Erik. There are a lot of people claming to be descendants of Royalty and sometimes there is a tendency to not believe. But if research is done and facts are proven then one can see that it is also true that many Royals had indeed illegitimate descendants.

Offline blackaces41

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2010, 07:41:29 AM »
I received this photo last week via a friend in the Netherlands. Apparently, she found it somewhere on the web. I thought you guys may like to see it. It shows the son of Prince Georg of Bavaria, Franz in 1937. The photo was taken by photo-studio Obergassner, Munich.

I am curious what is the star-shaped decoration and sash he is wearing?

Thank you, Erik

Offline Carolath Habsburg

• Velikye Knyaz
  • As seen on TUMBLR!
    • View Profile
    • Victorian & edwardian roleplay in spanish!
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2010, 08:26:30 AM »
great picture thanksd! but first of all, are we 100% sure that the story of this son its true?. Im confused.

Courtesy of Grand Duchess Ally

"...Пусть он землю бережет родную, А любовь Катюша сбережет....". Grand Duchess Ekaterina Fyodorovna to Grand Duke Georgiy Alexandrovich. 1914

Join the cause "We want an Ignore button