Author Topic: Anniversary of Olga's birthday -- post tributes & memorial messages here!  (Read 115700 times)

Offline Abby

• Knyaz
  • July 18th 2005: 87 years
    • View Profile
Re: Anniversary of Olga's birthday -- post tributes & memorial messages here!
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2004, 09:44:41 AM »
Happy birthday Olga Nicholaevna! The most intellectual Grand Duchess and the one many of us say we relate to the most!

Offline grandduchessella

• Global Moderator
  • Velikye Knyaz
  • Getting Ready to Move to Europe :D
    • View Profile
    • Facebook page
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2004, 11:46:19 AM »

They also serve who only stand and wait--John Milton
Come visit on Pinterest--http://pinterest.com/lawrbk/

Offline Grand_Duke_Alexei

• Tsarevich Alexei Rocks!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2004, 03:44:32 PM »
My dear Grand Duchess Olga Nikolaievna, I wish you a very happy birthday and a very happy time in Heaven.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Grand_Duke_Alexei »
Blow a kiss I run through air
Leave the past, find nowhere
Floating forests in the air
Clowns all around you

Alll this black and cruel despair
This is an emergency
Don't you hide your eyes from me
Open them and see me now

Offline LisaDavidson

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2004, 03:50:51 PM »
Ever missed, never forgotten. May God grant you a beautiful afterlife.

Offline Janet_W.

• Velikye Knyaz
  • ...And no one's grief has ever passed you by...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2004, 03:57:27 PM »
Every year at this time--between November 3 and November 15--I am reminded of the great joy Nicholas and Alexandra felt when they became parents of their very first child . . . the same joy felt by many parents around the globe and throughout history. I am reminded that Olga, like all of us, did not fully comprehend her situation and what made her different from other people. For many years she was simply a young girl, growing up in a loving family, and unaware of the tremendous chasm between her life's situation and that of so many other Russian girls her own age.

Eventually Olga developed the sensibilities of someone who might truly have made a difference in the world. She was thoughtful, generous, and what today we would call "pro-active." She had the ability to put herself in the shoes of others--a reverse Cinderella who believed in the power of work, in the written word, and in living by example. As the eldest child, she was loving and increasingly maternal to her younger siblings. As a maturing woman, she gave her heart to a man who had proven himself to be a real-life hero. Then, upon realizing the situation was impossible, she witnessed, with fortitude, his marriage to another woman, and subsequently made friends with her beloved's wife.

Olga's life has significance for what it was, and for what it might have been. And she reminds us, too, that so many others--not as famous as she, but of her age--were also lost in war and revolution . . . and continue, at this very minute, to be in jeopardy. How might we best honor Olga and her family? By working toward a time when no one in the world will go hungry, or suffer for medical attention, or lack an education that gives him or her the ability to help others. For when we extend helpful hands--minus the attachment of ideological strings--we thwart those who seek totalitarian states. By helping others selflessly, rather than for our own economic gain, we demonstrate that we not only recognize our commonalties, but also--with grace--accept our differences.

Happy Birthday, not only to Olga, but to all the children, born at this time, who will inherit the world we are creating for them.

Offline Grand_Duke_Alexei

• Tsarevich Alexei Rocks!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2004, 04:03:15 PM »
Every year at this time--between November 3 and November 15--I am reminded of the great joy Nicholas and Alexandra felt when they became parents of their very first child . . . the same joy felt by many parents around the globe and throughout history. I am reminded that Olga, like all of us, did not fully comprehend her situation and what made her different from other people. For many years she was simply a young girl, growing up in a loving family, and unaware of the tremendous chasm between her life's situation and that of so many other Russian girls her own age.

Eventually Olga developed the sensibilities of someone who might truly have made a difference in the world. She was thoughtful, generous, and what today we would call "pro-active." She had the ability to put herself in the shoes of others--a reverse Cinderella who believed in the power of work, in the written word, and in living by example. As the eldest child, she was loving and increasingly maternal to her younger siblings. As a maturing woman, she gave her heart to a man who had proven himself to be a real-life hero. Then, upon realizing the situation was impossible, she witnessed, with fortitude, his marriage to another woman, and subsequently made friends with her beloved's wife.

Olga's life has significance for what it was, and for what it might have been. And she reminds us, too, that so many others--not as famous as she, but of her age--were also lost in war and revolution . . . and continue, at this very minute, to be in jeopardy. How might we best honor Olga and her family? By working toward a time when no one in the world will go hungry, or suffer for medical attention, or lack an education that gives him or her the ability to help others. For when we extend helpful hands--minus the attachment of ideological strings--we thwart those who seek totalitarian states. By helping others selflessly, rather than for our own economic gain, we demonstrate that we not only recognize our commonalties, but also--with grace--accept our differences.

Happy Birthday, not only to Olga, but to all the children, born at this time, who will inherit the world we are creating for them.

Very well said Janet.
Blow a kiss I run through air
Leave the past, find nowhere
Floating forests in the air
Clowns all around you

Alll this black and cruel despair
This is an emergency
Don't you hide your eyes from me
Open them and see me now

Offline jackie3

• Boyar
  • "...such pig and filth!" - GD Anastasia N.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2004, 04:33:08 PM »
Excellently said, Janet!

Happy Birthday, HIH Tsarevna Olga Romanova, to a life snuffed out too soon, to what was and what might have been. And to the love in her heart, the kind of love that (as her Father told her) is the only thing that can conquer evil. The Soviets have fallen, their crimes and ideology fallen on the ashheaps of history while Olga is now St.Olga and glorified with the saints with churches and prayers in her honor. Love over evil indeed.

Offline Mandie, the Gothic Empress

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Olga.Tatiana.Maria.Anastasia + Alexei
    • View Profile
    • Romanovs of Russia
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2004, 06:39:44 PM »

Her Imerial Highness Grand Duchess Olga Nikolaiovna Romanova of all the Russias (in 1896)

Happy brithday dear Olga, you and your family will always be in my heart!

-Mandie Campbell

p.s Sorry it to big,..if you want me to make it smaller, tell me.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Maria_Pavlovna »

Offline Robert_Hall

• Velikye Knyaz
  • a site.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2004, 07:49:47 PM »
Smaller, it sort of JUMPS out at one !!
Life may not be the party we expected, but while we are here, might as well dance..

Do you want the truth, or my side of the story ?- Hank Ketchum.

Offline Dasha

• Knyaz
  • Love of a child is the greatest gift.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2004, 08:25:51 PM »
Always in our hearts, never forgotten.  Happy Birthday Olga+.

Dasha
~Dasha~

'I'm meant to fly,
Sail unrestrained'.

"Woman" from "The Pirate Queen"

Teacher-in-Training
Blockhead for Life (Stephanie J Block is simply excellence)
Lover of (Almost) All Things Jane Austen
Broadway Addict
Anglophile
History Buff

Offline Louise

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2004, 08:31:41 PM »
Happy Birthday in your eternal peace.

Louise
The sign of a sick mind is studying for a final exam and thinking it's the

Offline BobAtchison

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • The Alexander Palace
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2004, 09:02:21 PM »
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by BobAtchison »

Val289

« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2004, 09:06:52 PM »
Happy Birthday Olga!  Thank you for your radiance, your thoughtfulness, intelligence, sensitvitiy, and your example that shows us that love does indeed conquer evil in the end.  We'll never forget you!

Offline ptitchka

• Oblazhayu Tsesaryevicha Aleksiya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2004, 09:46:56 PM »
C'rozhdeniye, Cvyataya Muchenitsa Velikaya Knyazhina Olga Nikolayevna!  Poklonayu vas, velichaya vas vsegda!

Offline Merrique

• Knyaz
  • aka Yekaterina Yevgenievna
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2004, 03:26:16 AM »
A very Happy Birthday to HIH The Grand Duchess Olga Nikolaevna!Remembering you in our hearts and minds,this day,and everyday.May you reast in peace.
Don't knock on Death's door....ring the doorbell and run. He hates that.:D