Author Topic: Maria info!!!I need some help please  (Read 4291 times)

Offline yeeee22

• View Profile
Maria info!!!I need some help please
« on: December 01, 2008, 10:28:42 AM »
Marie info please...im doing a biography on her umm does anyone know any books that i could find on her...(i picked her name out of a hat unfortunatly...She is hard to find info on! im not gonna lie).Wikipedia is no good.. Thank you and sorry..
R.I.P Sammy Boy

Offline Ally Kumari

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Imperial Russia
Re: Maria info!!!I need some help please
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2008, 10:31:36 AM »
There are no books specialy on Maria or any of the girls (if you don´t count Olga´s 1913 diary). There are lots of websites, but if you´re not satisfied with wikipedia (which sums everything quite well), I don´t know which one would you like....

What info you are specially interested in? If you do a little research around this forum and also Alexander Palace time machine, you´ll surely find what you´re looking for.

Offline yeeee22

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2008, 11:05:12 AM »
umm thank you...its not that i dnt like wikipedia is that i cant use it on the report thats why... im looking for well her life in genral...like important events that affected her life. Oh one thing confused me was the guard which i bet you had many topics in like wat did she DO that was so bad i heard that her sister didnt talk to her for a lil bit after that. i do know that things we consider today as okay was like a Hell no during their time
but yaaa i just need to get important dates on her.
R.I.P Sammy Boy

Offline Ally Kumari

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Imperial Russia
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2008, 11:59:58 AM »

Offline Sarushka

• Velikye Knyaz
  • May I interest you in a grain of salt?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2008, 01:52:44 PM »
If Wikipedia isn't an acceptable source for your project, the unsourced info on the threads here probably won't satisfy your teacher, either. Try the main APTM site.

Some useful pages:
Expenses of Grand Duchess Maria for 1910
Letters of Grand Duchess Maria
Letters of Grand Duchess Maria from exile

There are also full texts of memoirs by people close to the imperial family:
Six Years at the Russian Court, by Margaret Eagar (a nanny)
Thirteen Years at the Russian Court, by Pierre Gilliard (a tutor)

The books by the empress's friends Anna Vyrubova, Lili Dehn, and Sophia Buxhoeveden also include information about the grand duchesses.
THE LOST CROWN: A Novel of Romanov Russia -- now in paperback!
"A dramatic, powerful narrative and a masterful grasp of life in this vanished world." ~Greg King

Lalee

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2008, 02:27:32 AM »
You will just need to read all sources available on her, even though there aren't any books specifically dedicated to her, you might need to read those based on the whole family, as they always give a paragraph or two based on the girls' personalities. Reading her letters are also great and also accounts written by those who knew her. Good luck!!