Author Topic: Anastasia's figure/A thick waist?  (Read 51942 times)

Offline Sasha_Katerina

• Boyar
    • View Profile
Re: Anastasia's figure/A thick waist?
« Reply #120 on: March 01, 2010, 07:10:10 PM »
is this serious thread?? i cannot believe that anyone would care about the size of this poor girl. it does not seem respectful especially considering the etiquette of Anastasia's time. besides, the inches of a grand duchess's waist is in no way historically significant

Naslednik Norvezhskiy

« Reply #121 on: March 02, 2010, 06:17:43 PM »
is this serious thread?? i cannot believe that anyone would care about the size of this poor girl. it does not seem respectful especially considering the etiquette of Anastasia's time. besides, the inches of a grand duchess's waist is in no way historically significant
Lol, yes, let's hope people will scrutinize as carefully Alexander III's massive waist, which was far more historically significant!

Rúrik, if you want a carbo-rich food which would not make you chubby, eat sweet potatoes ;-)
Thanks for the tip. I never knew that sweet potatoes were could be so healthy untill I looked them up now. Though I am not sure they are sold, or even grown here in Norway! I will look for them in the shops, just to try them, though they are probably rather expensive. Anyway I don't feel good eating something that can't be grown here in Norway as a staple food, so I'll probably stick to my new-found love, cabbage, which I had for dinner today. (Together with reindeer beef. No, that isn't everyday fare here in Norway aka Thule, it was just leftovers from a weekend dinner party.)

I love the proletarian odour of boiled cabbage, makes me as if I can smell the Tsar's opressed subjects and the Revolution (pun intended!). Just like the even more deliciously pungent stench of fried herring, mackerel and poached haddock transports me right back to the poor Norway Prince Carl of Denmark and Princess Maud of Britain arrived to in 1905....

Lol, seems I just cooked up the proletarian version of Proust's madeleine dipped in tea! I wondering what taste would have sent Anastasia down the Proustian memory lane had she survived and lived out her days in exile? Kvas, perhaps? I think I've read somewhere that some imperial relation in exile raved about the special imperial candy, which was far superior to anything made since, according to her.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 06:47:44 PM by Rúrik »

Offline rosieposie

• Graf
  • Eva Duarte de Peron, May 7 1919 - July 26 1952
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 07, 2010, 05:48:16 PM »
I agree wh are people so captivated over the girls weight/waist size.  It really shouldn't matter as they were healthy girls just get over it.
Beautiful faithful Nargony.
Thanks Emily!

Miranda:" Everything begins and ends at exactly the right time and place."
"Picnic at Hanging Rock" (1975) Movie.

aleksandr pavlovich

« Reply #123 on: March 07, 2010, 06:28:51 PM »
Re: Reply # 122 :  Agreed!  It's really only a handful of apologists/defenders anyway (See my earlier reply # 112).  What amuses me is the number of euphemisims many of her devotees have come up with ("stout, chubby, plump, plumper, short," etc., in addition to an earlier nick-name  allegedly of "Dumpling") to stay away from any HINT of association with that dreaded and stand-alone word "fat" !  (Though "fat" was ACTUALLY used in Reply # 115:  "I don't mean that she's unfortunate because she's fat and not tall." (Note the use of the present verb "is'" as opposed to the past "WAS.")  It apparently offends the "sensitivity" of some of her "admirers," to suggest such. Why mull ceaselessly over this statistic of this unfortunate and long-dead girl?  I agree with "Margot," "Kalafrana," "Princess Juliana," "Sasha 18," et al., as well as "Kaiserin Alzbeta Sissi," who sums it it up: "Yes, it's not important and doesn't mean anything, but our society gives it a great importance"  Ahhhhhh, yes!  AP
« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 06:54:37 PM by aleksandr pavlovich »

Offline rosieposie

• Graf
  • Eva Duarte de Peron, May 7 1919 - July 26 1952
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 07, 2010, 06:37:57 PM »
I know right,  there is so many so and sos that seem to have some sort of demented ideas about the girls weight.
Beautiful faithful Nargony.
Thanks Emily!

Miranda:" Everything begins and ends at exactly the right time and place."
"Picnic at Hanging Rock" (1975) Movie.