Author Topic: Ivan Mikhailovich Kharitonov  (Read 7476 times)

Offline nena

• Velikye Knyaz
  • But every spring smells like you.
    • View Profile
Ivan Mikhailovich Kharitonov
« on: December 20, 2008, 05:47:54 PM »

His biography, more informations:
(May 20th,1870- July 17th, 1918)
Ivan Kharitonov, cooker of Nikolai II, who prepared his dear dishes in the Winter Palace in Saint Petersburg and macaronis during the arrest in the Urals, were approximate face of last Russian tsar and divided the lot of tsarist family,executed by Bolsheviks. Ivan Kharitonov was introduced to Nikolai Romanov, when it was determined to the famous French chief- cook to Pierre Cuba by the student of the second discharge. “According to family legend, Ivan, who was younger than Nikolai for two years, played with the cesarevitch and it was caught in the play room after fight”, tells Peter [Multatuli], historian, the great-grandson of cook. After the departure of Pierre Cuba to France, before beginning the First World War of 1914, Ivan pass instruction to Paris and he returns by already real cook. At that time Ivan Kharitonov lived in the rich apartments not far of the place of work - the Winter Palace in Saint Petersburg. But the revolution of 1917 introduced its correctives. On March 2 provisional government forces Nikolai II to renounce from the throne. After 5 days the tsar was arrested at his headquarters into Mogileve (Belorussia) and transfered into the Alexander Palace in Tsarskoe Selo, where he was found with its family under the arrest for 5 months. Specifically, at this dramatic moment in the history of the Romanov dynasty, crew begins to leave tsarist environment, Kharitonov was determined by cook to the highest court. Food in the tsarist family, which accustomed to simplicity during the war, was not characterized by accounts, also, during the arrest. According to Peter [Multatuli] (great-grandson of cook), to delicacies, as, for instance, roe, tsar always preferred buckwheat porridge and the tea with the milk. Alexandra, the wife of Nikolai II, [vegtarian], rejected the kalatches (small rolls, supplied with hot and made with the water from the Moscow River, cistern with which it was always in the food reserve of tsarist family during the passages). In August 1917 provisional government, without knowing that to make further with the tsarist family, sends them into Tobolsk into Siberia for “purposes of safety”. Following Nikolai II for Siberia left Ivan with his 7 children. In Tobolsk Ivan removed apartment for his family next to the house of the governor, in whom lived Tsarist family. The dishes, which Kharitonov prepared to the money those undertaken in debt to local salesmen, were simple in the preparation, but on the paper with the menu constantly figured the imperial coat of arms. In April 1918, while white army moved into Siberia, councils send Romanovs into Ekaterinburg (in the Urals), where the last report of tragedy is turned havoc. Ivan, separated from his family, and some other servants are held in the conclusion together with the tsar in the former house of the engineer Ipatiev. The windows of house, [zagorozhennye] by lattice, were painted by white paint. “Kharitonov gave to young tsarevnas the lessons of bread-baking, he showed, how it is must to place and to knead dough as to bake bread… Good”, notes in June in his diary Tsar. Several days later in the diary of Alexandra, wife of Nikolai appears the following record: “Kharitonov prepared pirogues from the macaronis with the meat”. In the month to the bloody decoupling, the nuns brought into the Ipatiev House eggs and the milk. In the bottle with the milk Nikolai reveals the note, in which in poor French discussion centered on the fast release of Tsarist family. According to the historian, “there were the witnesses of that how before the murder, people, guards proposed to Kharitonov and physician of tsar (to Eugene to Botkin, delayed together with them) to leave house, but they refused”. On the night with 16 on July 17 when the white army (which waged war with the Red Army, the Communists) was on the approach to Ekaterinburg, the inhabitants of Ipatiev house for “purposes of safety” they asked to go down into the basement. Nikolai II, Alexandra, their four daughters and son, and also 4 people from the crew, in number of which there was Ivan Kharitonov, were shot on the order of local councils. Those remaining among the living were stabbed by bayonets in order not to make much noise.

Sorry for not good translation.

In 1888 he came to Court. And before the Revolution he lived in Gagarinskaya Street,7.
In 1991, his body was labeled as no. 8. And it was threw on the top of bodies after massacre, in Ganina Yama.(Four Brothers Mine)

About his grand -grandson,who presented at IF burial on july 17th,1998 see here(Russian):
http://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Мультатули,_Валентин_Михайлович

I wonder what executioner's accounts says about him on that tragic night? And would love to see NII's and Alix' diary entires related to him. Thanks.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 05:48:53 AM by Svetabel »
-Ars longa, vita brevis -
Mathematics, art and history in ♥

RomanovsFan4Ever

Re: Ivan Mikhailovich Kharitonov
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2009, 03:43:06 PM »
Thank you very much for the very detailed biography, I was looking for it.
I'm curious to know if you have more photos of him, the one the you have posted is the only one that I know.

Offline Antonina

• Boyar
    • View Profile
    • saltkrakan.livejournal
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2009, 09:30:36 AM »
Some new photos of Haritonov:

From the book "With Tsar and for the Thar. Martyr's crown of tsar's servants", 2008.
...Столетья поплывут из темноты.

RomanovsFan4Ever

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2010, 05:06:13 AM »
Thanks for the new photos!, and the book "With Tsar and for the Thar. Martyr's crown of tsar's servants" sounds new to me, who is the author?...

Offline Antonina

• Boyar
    • View Profile
    • saltkrakan.livejournal
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2010, 09:15:36 AM »
O.T.Kovalevskaya.
Here is it: http://www.ozon.ru/context/detail/id/4181578/

In my opinione, the book is written  horribly, but contains really rare and interesting documents and information.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 05:49:25 AM by Svetabel »
...Столетья поплывут из темноты.

RomanovsFan4Ever

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2010, 09:35:23 AM »
Interesting!, I wonder if there is already an English translation of that book, however, since I have in project to learn Russian, I can try to buy the original version anyway.
Thank you for the links!