Author Topic: I am looking for a scale model of the Standart  (Read 6759 times)

Offline Geniebeanie

• I Love YaBB 2!
    • View Profile
I am looking for a scale model of the Standart
« on: January 01, 2009, 01:09:43 PM »
I just got a doll of Alexie dressed in his Standard outfit.  I am looking for a small model of the Standart for   him to hold.  Do you have any idea where I could find one?

I am_Tatianochka

Re: I am looking for a scale model of the Standart
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2009, 01:46:59 PM »
Sorry I can't help you but I would love to see a photo of that little doll! It sounds so cute! :)

Offline Sarushka

• Velikye Knyaz
  • May I interest you in a grain of salt?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2009, 01:50:07 PM »
I think you'd have to track down a custom model maker. To my knowledge, no models of the Standart have been commercially produced for the public.

A couple APTM members have worked on crafting scale models of the Standart for their own private collections over the years, but I don't think anyone has ever made one small enough for a doll to hold.
THE LOST CROWN: A Novel of Romanov Russia -- now in paperback!
"A dramatic, powerful narrative and a masterful grasp of life in this vanished world." ~Greg King

Offline Imperial_Grounds

• Knyaz
  • Your Memory Keeps Me Alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2009, 01:52:03 PM »
Sorry I can't help you but I would love to see a photo of that little doll! It sounds so cute! :)

I would love to see it too, sounds really cute. If I would know where to get these dolls ;)
Learn To Live With My Darker Side

Offline Tukker-ragazzo

• Ricordate Alexei per sempre!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2009, 05:03:06 PM »

aleksandr pavlovich

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2009, 05:48:02 PM »
Attention  "Geniebeanie" :   Relating to "Sarushka"'s comment, I  have access to a custom scale-model maker of vessels who works by commission.  In regards to an ACCURATE scale model of the aforementioned vessel (to put this humorously, but truthfully, in perspective) :  Even IF you could supply the outer dimensional blueprints, how many thousands of dollars have you budgeted? This would be professional, museum-quality work to be held by a doll-sized figure, requiring a great number of man-hours' intensive labor.  Accuracy and exceptional miniature work such as this request come at a very high price!  (Not to mention MONTHS of waiting time.)  I am comfortable my input is NOT the answer that you seek, but I am pointing out the ultimate alternative.  Perhaps a small photograph silhouette of the ship, backed by stiff cardboard/foamboard and placed in the doll's hands would suffice?   Regards,  AP
« Last Edit: January 04, 2009, 06:20:11 PM by aleksandr pavlovich »

Offline Geniebeanie

• I Love YaBB 2!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2009, 08:47:06 PM »
 That sounds out of  my price range.   My doll is about twenty inches siting.     I have been sick but will try to take  a picture as soon as I can.   He is darling.  Found him on
EBAY,he was made by  Jan Garnett.   He looks a little like Alexie but the outfit is dead on.

Offline Mexjames

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2009, 04:40:07 PM »
I just got a doll of Alexie dressed in his Standard outfit.  I am looking for a small model of the Standart for   him to hold.  Do you have any idea where I could find one?

I hope http://kombrig11.homestead.com/Marti.html can help.  This site sells a plastic kit of "Marti", which was the third name of the "Standart"; after the revolution the yacht was refurbished (I think "gutted" is a better description), and was renamed "Vosemnadtsate Martza", "Marti" afterwards and "Oka" at last, before she was finally scrapped in Tallin as late as 1960.  The ship served, one way or another, for about 64 years or so, not bad at all.  I wonder if those who sailed in her after the revolution knew anything of the origin of their ship at all.

The assembled model would probably be to big for your purposes.  Also, you'd have to assemble it yourself but you may want to get rid of the weaponry, and substitute it for the original parts which you would have to create yourself, maybe using some sort of putty that would harden, and then you could paint the finished model as per the pictures in the site of the yacht.

Otherwise, if you don't want to get too serious you can always get some putty and model the ship yourself, painting it with some details when it hardens.

Constantinople

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2010, 04:38:33 AM »
Contact Douglas
     İf anyone knows, he will.   He has built a beautiful reproduction.