Author Topic: Alexandra and her Health Part 1  (Read 210107 times)

bluetoria

Re: Alexandra and her Health
« Reply #165 on: March 08, 2005, 10:48:20 AM »
Thank you for your long & detailed reply, Aleseevich, but I still think it is impossible to just discount haemophilia. The co-incidences would be too many. I shall find some of the descriptions of Leopold & Friitie's illness to substantiate what I have written too.
(By the way, I thought your idea about S.L.E. was a good & quite convincing one. I went through Alix's letters checking out what she herself wrote. I don't accept it but your suggestions gave me plenty to think about!  :) )

Offline ptitchka

• Oblazhayu Tsesaryevicha Aleksiya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 08, 2005, 08:10:51 PM »
There is one photograph atributed to one of her daughters that shows a rash that is textbook S.L.A (thanks for the correct treminology) The Imperial family were very careful how they apeared in official photographs, even tho HIH Aleksandra never cared to smile for cameras. I've measured thinss in images that are clearly meant to make Tsarovich Aleksey Nikolaevich look taller than he was. So i don't think you'll find clear  photos of the rash anywhere else. A friend who had lupus many years ago had simlar symptoms where she needed to be caried or use a wheel chair. She got "nervous" because of the symptoms, not the other way around.
As for Haemophilia, I'm not convinced it did run in the family. I have more than a passing aquaintance with molecular chemistry and genetics and the evidence makes it look like people believe it ran in the family because it is believed it ran in the family. On the molecular level the evidence is absent. In this field that is a fairly good contradiction.  
After a genetic analysis done as part of a research  project i was told both of my parents appear to be decenced from HIH Queen Victoria, and there is no sign of any posibility of Heamophilia genes.

My dear Alekseevich:

Some time ago you wrote that you were introduced to Heino Tammet as if he were your father.  Are you now under the impression that he was Alexei Nikolaevich?  Your remarks about Mr. Tammet's short stature in an earlier post and your most recent allegation that photos of the Tsarevich-Martyr Alexei were retouched to make him look taller than he was (when eyewitnesses reported that he was in fact tall for his age!!!) leave me a bit concerned that you have been taken in by the fabrications of this Estonian renaissance man.

Offline Helen_Azar

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Coming up Fall 2015: Tatiana's diaries and letters
    • View Profile
    • War-time diaries of Grand Duchess Olga Nikolaevna Romanov
« Reply #167 on: March 09, 2005, 09:23:20 PM »
Isn't this thread about Alexandra and panic disorder, not Heino Tammet?  ;)

Offline Belochka

• Velikye Knyaz
  • City of Peter stand in all your splendor - Pushkin
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 09, 2005, 10:23:18 PM »
Belochka, do you know what per centage of women pass the condition to their children?

Hi bluetoria,

Your answer will depend on the presence or lack of two specific sets of antibodies in the mother.  

Women with both sets of antibodies present with the highest risk. But they still can have normal offspring.

If one antibody is present and not the other, then there is a probability of 25 % of delivering an affected child. This is only a prediction.

The female will need to have her antibodies screened serologically to assess probable risk.

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Belochka »

Faces of Russia is now on Facebook!

http://www.searchfoundationinc.org/

bluetoria

« Reply #169 on: March 10, 2005, 04:39:30 AM »
Belochka, thank you so much for posting that information.  (The risks do seem pretty high, don't they, if it's 25% with only one antibody.) Thanks very much for taking the time to explain.  :)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by bluetoria »

Offline Belochka

• Velikye Knyaz
  • City of Peter stand in all your splendor - Pushkin
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 10, 2005, 08:39:14 PM »
You're welcome bluetoria.

The best suggestion which can be made is to seek professional counselling on this issue. :)

Faces of Russia is now on Facebook!

http://www.searchfoundationinc.org/

Offline La_Mashka

• Boyar
  • Kukla
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 15, 2005, 05:03:51 PM »
so.. opium, cocaine, valerian... no wonder she felt ill!!!

imagine that?? its like a drug cocktail form the 60's!!
Tishie mushi kot na krushie

bluetoria

« Reply #172 on: March 16, 2005, 04:28:00 PM »
I just re-read the earliest pages on this thread & I was wondering - considering the condoms found after the murder of the IF - could anyone please state what is the Orthodox teaching on contraception?

rskkiya

« Reply #173 on: March 16, 2005, 07:51:57 PM »
Bluetoria

What a good question!
I think that the Orthodox Church is 'ok' with contraseption, but is not in favour of abortion - but I am not sure.

rskkiya

Offline Helen_Azar

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: March 16, 2005, 09:19:50 PM »
Maybe Georgiy knows the answer to this? I would be curious to know too.

bluetoria

« Reply #175 on: March 17, 2005, 10:35:24 AM »
Maybe I should ask again on the Orthodox religion thread?

Offline Georgiy

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Slava v vyshnikh Bogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 17, 2005, 01:52:33 PM »
Of course abortion is completely out of the question. As for contraception, from what I understand while it is not necessarily promoted or encouraged, it is considered more of an issue between the married couple. If they already have children and don't necessarily want more children, I think that through Economia it is allowed as marital relations are an expression of love for one's spouse and not something that should be stopped when people have decided "OK, no more children." I imagine that some people would discuss the issue with their Priest in private, and it would probably be better to get a blessing to use contraception than to just go ahead. I am not sure on where the Church stands on the Pill - I think it probably doesn't approve of it - some kind of barrier method would be more desirable. Some episcopates would be stricter than others on the issue however. I think N & A had very good reasons for using contraception, in that the risk of another haemophilliac child was just too high.

Offline Georgiy

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Slava v vyshnikh Bogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 17, 2005, 02:08:03 PM »
Probably. I will thus answer over there as best I can. (I don't have any books or anything like that with me so I can't answer too thoroughly.)

bluetoria

« Reply #178 on: March 17, 2005, 02:10:21 PM »
Thanks  ;)

Offline Helen_Azar

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: March 17, 2005, 02:26:08 PM »
Thanks, Georgiy for your reply. I have a couple of follow up questions for when you have the chance.

Of course abortion is completely out of the question.

Does the orthodox church have the same blanket rule about abortion as the catholic church (at least as it used to)? For example can exceptions be made if taking a pregnancy to term would put the life of the mother in danger?

I think it probably doesn't approve of it [the pill]- some kind of barrier method would be more desirable.

Why would the pill method be viewed differently by the church than the barrier method? Does it have to do with spreading disease or with something else?