Author Topic: Photos of Claimants  (Read 94976 times)

Offline Maria Romanova

• Maria Romanova...
    • View Profile
Re: Photos of Claimants
« Reply #270 on: April 09, 2009, 02:40:28 PM »

This picture shows  up on search engines and traces back here. It is from the Guy Richards book "Hunt for the Czar" in which the author claims the picture is of AA/FS as a child. Is it really her? Where did he get this? It looks like it could be her little. It looks like it was cut from a larger family photo, standing next to a woman in a similar dress. It could be that there are many more pictures of FS before she became AA out there and we just don't have them. Does anyone know how Richards obtained this photo?
is not Anna Anderson
"As dirt has been versed on the refined person name of the Romanovs... All for the money!"

Offline Lemur

• Graf
  • reach for the top!
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: April 09, 2009, 02:45:33 PM »
How do you know? The book "Hunt for the Czar" by Guy Richards said it was her. It has the same nose as her. It is young FS. There are probably more pictures of her we are not aware of yet.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2009, 02:49:33 PM by Lemur »

Offline Tina Laroche

• Graf
  • Give My Love To All Who Remember Me ~ Olga N.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: April 11, 2009, 07:04:40 AM »

You can't be sure, can you? :-/
« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 09:53:04 AM by Alixz »

Offline stepan

• Boyar
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: April 12, 2009, 06:15:09 PM »
 This photo is most likely not Anna Anderson. A long time ago this photo was discussed in another thread and someone thought it probably is Eugenia Smith. And it looks more like Eugenia I think. And we canīt ask Guy Richards where he got this photo from since he is dead since many years. I havenīt seen it anywhere else. A real mystery!
« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 09:53:28 AM by Alixz »

Offline Tina Laroche

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: April 12, 2009, 06:20:47 PM »

Well, we'll probably never know... But, I think Eugenia Smith has a bit different face structure than the girl in the picture...
« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 09:53:46 AM by Alixz »

Offline Lemur

• Graf
  • reach for the top!
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: April 13, 2009, 05:35:45 PM »
I think it is AA for these reasons. I agree with the person who said the noses are alike. The nose looks like AA's nose not Eugenia's, she had a thinner nose. The picture is said to be from 1902 and in that year FS would have been six, Eugenia only 3. The girl looks more like six. Guy Richards in his book seemed to be on the side of the Goleniewski family, and they accepted Smith as their "Anastasia" therefore he would not be out to discredit Smith but Andersen. I have always believed there were other pictures of FS in existence but we have not seen them. Maybe he had one and used it, but supporters of Andersen did not want to use it because they wanted you to think she was Anastasia and this is why you see it nowhere else?

Offline stepan

• Boyar
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: April 13, 2009, 06:26:38 PM »
There is only one known photo of Franziska. It would have been a sensation if Guy Richards had succeeded to find another one.I think he would have said so. Therefore I donīt think it is Franziska. Ofcourse I think itīs strange that no more photos of Franziska have appeared. There must have been more. Perhaps the Schanzkowski relatives have more photos but they have always been rather reticent. So itīs anyoneīs guess who the girl in the picture is.

Offline Lemur

• Graf
  • reach for the top!
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: April 14, 2009, 09:44:15 AM »
There is only one known photo of Franziska. It would have been a sensation if Guy Richards had succeeded to find another one.I think he would have said so. Therefore I donīt think it is Franziska. Ofcourse I think itīs strange that no more photos of Franziska have appeared. There must have been more. Perhaps the Schanzkowski relatives have more photos but they have always been rather reticent. So itīs anyoneīs guess who the girl in the picture is.

That's it, Stepan, there is only one known photo, but as you say that seems very strange there aren't more and there must be but the family does not want to share them. Another thing to consider is that those who write books about AA are supporters of hers, and the last thing they would want to do would be to show us pictures of a young Franziska that looked very much like AA. As I said before, Guy Richards was not an AA supporter, but seemed to lean in the direction of supporting the Goleniewki  family who accepted Smith as their "sister" "Anastasia." Therefore, Richards would not have a problem with showing us a picture of a young Franziska and telling us it was AA. It is a shame he is dead and there is nothing in the book to explain where the picture came from and why he believes it to be Andersen.

Offline gemellibru

• View Profile
« Reply #278 on: April 14, 2009, 11:51:06 AM »
Richards  wrote a book?

Offline stepan

• Boyar
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: April 15, 2009, 05:56:59 PM »
Guy Richards wrote three books on the Romanovs: "Imperial Agent" about the Goleniewski case, "The Hunt for the Czar" and
 "The Rescue of the Romanovs".

His theory was that they all escaped. This was long before the grave was found in 1979.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 09:55:27 AM by Alixz »

Offline Tina Laroche

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: April 16, 2009, 12:08:08 PM »
Guy Richards wrote three books on the Romanovs: "Imperial agent" about the Goleniewski case, "The hunt for the czar" and "The rescue of the Romanovs". His theory was that they all escaped. This was long before the grave was found in 1979.

The grave was not found in 1979... ;-)

Offline Lemur

• Graf
  • reach for the top!
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: April 16, 2009, 12:47:08 PM »
It was found in 1979, but since the Soviet regime was still in power those who made the discovery were afraid and covered it back up. They went back to dig it up again in 1991 after communism fell.

Offline nena

• Velikye Knyaz
  • But every spring smells like you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: April 16, 2009, 06:03:42 PM »
Yes, remains were firstly found in 1979, by G. Ryabov, see:

http://romanov-memorial.com/Final_Chapter.htm
-Ars longa, vita brevis -
Mathematics, art and history in ♥

Offline gemellibru

• View Profile
« Reply #283 on: April 18, 2009, 08:13:33 AM »
A photo of Averees Iacowelly (a claimant of Maria Romanov) in 1919:
http://s677.photobucket.com/albums/vv134/gemellibru/?action=view&current=IMGP2913-1.jpg

Offline Tina Laroche

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: April 18, 2009, 08:28:13 AM »
Well, I have to say the the woman in the last one looks NOTHING like the real Maria! >:(