Author Topic: What kind of Tsar would Alexei have been?  (Read 37499 times)

Offline Harvey

• View Profile
Re: Alexei and Being the Tsar
« Reply #105 on: June 17, 2008, 07:50:18 AM »
He could hardly have been worse than his father.

Offline Halinka

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 18, 2008, 05:59:16 PM »
He could hardly have been worse than his father.

I would'nt be surpise if he improved better then him, Alexei was growing up in the 20th century why his farther belived the imperial court should stay as it was. Stuck in the 19th century, I would not be surpise if Alexei views were differ; But that's just my opoin.

Offline Harvey

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 19, 2008, 06:53:41 AM »
Since he had never had any experience of real life I don't know why he would have been any different.

Offline nena

• Velikye Knyaz
  • But every spring smells like you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 19, 2008, 08:43:17 AM »
Since he had never had any experience of real life I don't know why he would have been any different.
I don't agree Tsarevich hadn't any experience of real life....Remember WW1, visiting stricken soliders, etc. It was real life.
-Ars longa, vita brevis -
Mathematics, art and history in ♥

Offline Halinka

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 19, 2008, 08:55:36 AM »
I don't agree Tsarevich hadn't any experience of real life....Remember WW1, visiting stricken soliders, etc. It was real life.

Also I think his sickenss taught him alot to.

Offline Harvey

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 19, 2008, 08:57:10 AM »
Ah yes, but he was well behind the front lines and all important decisions were made by General Micheal Alexeiev.

Offline Halinka

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 19, 2008, 08:58:22 AM »
Ah yes, but he was well behind the front lines and all important decisions were made by General Micheal Alexeiev.

He went with his Farther during milltary review he also met other country's leaders to. He even played baseball with some of them to.

Offline Michael HR

• Knyaz
  • Imperial Corps Des Pages
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 27, 2008, 05:00:59 AM »
I think he would have been a good Tsar given his suffering as a child. He might have reunited the country and bought about a new age. Assuming his Mother was not acting as regent I am sorry to say. He had an independent streak in him form his parents and had his own mind that could have grown into something intresting given the chance.

Sadly we shall never know. The reason of course he was murdered as well, I assume
Remembering the Imperial Corps Des Pages - The Spirit of Imperial Russia

Lalee

« Reply #113 on: June 27, 2008, 05:59:34 AM »
It's hard to tell whether or not Alexei would have made a good tsar, considering that he died so young. But personally, I feel that he would have made a good (or alright) tsar. To me it seems that he had much more of a passion to be a tsar than his father. He may have been more determined and determination usually makes a person succeed. I think the statement he made which was said earlier on in the thread is quite touching. But then again, it's hard to tell because he only died at fourteen.

Multiverse

What kind of Tsar would Alexei have been?
« Reply #114 on: December 27, 2008, 09:05:37 PM »
We know a lot about Tsarvitch Alexei, his personality, and what he was like.

Suppose The Russian Monarchy had continued, Nicholas II continues as Tsar living out a normal lifespan. Alexei lives and grows up and succeeds his father as Tsar.

What kind of Tsar would Alexei II have been?

In his photos I see an intelligent and sensitive boy who at 14 was growing to become an intelligent and sensitive man. I think that sensitivity came from two sources. First, Nicholas and Alexandra raised all five of their children to be sensitive, to have feelings, and not be ashamed of their feelings and of having feelings. Secondly, I think Alexei's illness (hemophilia) and the physical pain and suffering he had from it made him more sensitive to the pain of others.

I think if Alexei had come to the throne he would have brought that sensitivity with him and been the kind of Tsar Nicholas II hoped his son would be. By the way, don't mistake sensitivity for weakness. A very strong leader can also be sensitive to the feelings and needs of his people.

It seems ironic to me that if The Russian Monarchy had continued, and if Alexei had become Tsar and lived even most of a normal lifespan, he would have been far kinder and far gentler to Russia and the Russian people than the 70 years of Communism they endured instead. 

Offline nena

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
Re: What kind of Tsar would Alexei have been?
« Reply #115 on: December 28, 2008, 02:07:34 AM »
You have just made some excellent points! Yes, sensitive but strong tsar, IMO, once NII called him 'Alexei the Terrible'. Surely he would continue works as Empress did, opening hospitals, houses for homeless, etc. But what would happen during WW2? I think he would be Chief of General headquarters, again at Mogilev.
He was sensitive, and pretty understood what is pain, so sure he would help to Russian people. And Grand Duchesses too.

Probably his son would be named 'Nicholas III' . Rasputin once said that he wouldn't had his disease after turning 17. (I doubt).

Well done, Multiverse!

Oh, I almost forget, try these threads:
Not allowed to be Tsar?
Alexei and Being the Tsar
And you can try this thread, about Alexei's few hours being Tsar:
Was Aleksey Ever Tzar?

Enjoy at Alexander Palace Forum.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2008, 02:18:53 AM by nena »

Offline Marie-Catherine

• Boyar
  • Just remember they were normal people, like us.
    • View Profile
    • My travel blog (French only)
« Reply #116 on: December 28, 2008, 08:49:06 AM »

Probably his son would be named 'Nicholas III' . Rasputin once said that he wouldn't had his disease after turning 17. (I doubt).

I just wanted to make something clear. Alexei's son couldn't have been an hemophiliac. Without many explanations, Alexei would only have passed the hemophilia gene to all daughters, and they would have been carriers. His sons would have been in good health. But, if his wife was a carrier of hemophilia, it will be another thing. But, if she was in good health, Alexei's sons would never been hemophiliac and his daughters, on the other hand, would, all of them, be carriers.

"Time flies by with a horrible quickness" -Maria

Thanks to the talentful FadedDreams for the banner !

Offline nena

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 28, 2008, 08:56:17 AM »
Yes I know it.   ;)

I said that Rasputin once said that Aleksei would be health (without hemophilia) after turning 17. Just rumors.

Offline Marie-Catherine

• Boyar
  • Just remember they were normal people, like us.
    • View Profile
    • My travel blog (French only)
« Reply #118 on: December 28, 2008, 09:06:00 AM »
Oh. I'm so sorry for my misunderstanding :)

"Time flies by with a horrible quickness" -Maria

Thanks to the talentful FadedDreams for the banner !

Offline Imperial_Grounds

• Knyaz
  • Your Memory Keeps Me Alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 28, 2008, 09:15:26 AM »
We know a lot about Tsarvitch Alexei, his personality, and what he was like.

Suppose The Russian Monarchy had continued, Nicholas II continues as Tsar living out a normal lifespan. Alexei lives and grows up and succeeds his father as Tsar.

What kind of Tsar would Alexei II have been?

In his photos I see an intelligent and sensitive boy who at 14 was growing to become an intelligent and sensitive man. I think that sensitivity came from two sources. First, Nicholas and Alexandra raised all five of their children to be sensitive, to have feelings, and not be ashamed of their feelings and of having feelings. Secondly, I think Alexei's illness (hemophilia) and the physical pain and suffering he had from it made him more sensitive to the pain of others.

I think if Alexei had come to the throne he would have brought that sensitivity with him and been the kind of Tsar Nicholas II hoped his son would be. By the way, don't mistake sensitivity for weakness. A very strong leader can also be sensitive to the feelings and needs of his people.

It seems ironic to me that if The Russian Monarchy had continued, and if Alexei had become Tsar and lived even most of a normal lifespan, he would have been far kinder and far gentler to Russia and the Russian people than the 70 years of Communism they endured instead. 

Well-said and I could not agree more. I believe myself that Alexei would have been a great leader, sensitive, yet strong and that he would do much for his people, that he would have made one of the kindest Tsars to that day. I also think he might have chosen for a constitional monarchy, something makes me think he would have. I believe he also would have done much for his people, once he knew how they suffered, since he knew real pain and understood agony and fear of death.
Learn To Live With My Darker Side