Author Topic: rutube.ru - Russian Version of YouTube with Amazing Links to Romanovs  (Read 28959 times)

Offline pastpalacelife

• Boyar
    • View Profile
Has anyone checked out this site?  I stumbled upon it tonight and watched at video   "Николай II. Круг жизни (часть 5)"  posted by  " franky_boy".  The clip is in Russian, so I couldn't understand it, but the host shows the Alexander Palace and even shows the Semi Circle Hall as it is NOW!!  There is even an old clip of Nicholas and Alexi walking into the family side of the palace, I've never seen that before.  I did try and search the forum for any other rutube posts and didn't find any, but if this is already posted and I missed it, I apologise now.  Tracy 
« Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 09:32:07 AM by Alixz »

Offline Ally Kumari

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Imperial Russia
Re: rutube.ru
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2009, 02:41:46 AM »
I´ve been to rutube several times and there are great documentaries, often showing rare photos or reel footage of Imperial family. Great thing is that you can dowload everything very easily - not like on youtube, where you need special program for it.

RomanovsFan4Ever

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2009, 07:41:37 AM »
I need help, how to write Nicholas II Romanov in Cyrillic?...Is this correct?

Николай II Романов

Offline Olga Maria

• Velikye Knyaz
  • 1 Corinthians 13, Mark 11: 23-24, Romans 8: 38-39
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2009, 11:17:00 PM »
Bad I can't read Russian. Maybe I can find lots of movies and documentaries about them there after 100 years of learning the language!
Thanks for the site name, Tracy.

Amazing colored fotos  by the most wonderful Yelena Aleksandrovna. Endless thank you very much!

Offline pastpalacelife

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2009, 02:21:09 AM »
I can't read Russian either, but there are translator sites for free, and you can always cut and paste the Russian word into google and see what pops up.  The translator site I use is
http://www.online-translator.com/   and you just change the settings to "translate Russian into English", paste your Russian phrase (up to 3000 characters) in the box "source text", click translate, and magic.  Its fun but also addictive.
About the original video I saw on rutube.ru, did anyone else see the semicircle hall and get as excited as I did?  I was hoping the camera would pan the room and let us see some more parade rooms, but it did not.   

Offline nena

• Velikye Knyaz
  • But every spring smells like you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2009, 09:29:58 AM »
I've visited it too several times. Good site!  ;). Yes, you are right - RomanovsFan4Ever.  ;D
-Ars longa, vita brevis -
Mathematics, art and history in ♥

Offline Tina Laroche

• Graf
  • Give My Love To All Who Remember Me ~ Olga N.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2009, 10:25:42 AM »
Oh, yes, I love rutube. It's certainly a great site, especially for people who speak/understand Russian.

Offline pastpalacelife

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2009, 12:36:09 PM »
I'm just curious, but did anyone watch the video where you can see the semicircle hall as it is today?  I was so surprised and excited to see it is in good shape.  Tracy

Offline Imperial_Grounds

• Knyaz
  • Your Memory Keeps Me Alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2009, 01:10:33 PM »
I did watch it, also I was surprised and am glad it is in this good shape.
Learn To Live With My Darker Side

RomanovsFan4Ever

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2009, 03:53:40 PM »
I've visited it too several times. Good site!  ;). Yes, you are right - RomanovsFan4Ever.  ;D

Thank you! ;-)
I'd love to learn to read and write in Cyrillic, and of course, learn Russian.
How long I could take for learn Russian and Cyrillic by autodidactic?...I suppose a lot of time.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2009, 03:55:24 PM by RomanovsFan4Ever »

Offline Imperial_Grounds

• Knyaz
  • Your Memory Keeps Me Alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2009, 04:33:21 PM »
I agree, RomanovsFan4Ever.

As Nena knows I inted to learn Russian, among several other languages,
sometime in the future. Learning English was for me rather easy, but as for other languages I'm not sure....

Also movies in fact teach us a few things when it comes to foreign languages, I learned English by reading and movies. I learned a few words in French and Russian(can't write them though), and that does show how those forms of media help us to learn some things.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2009, 04:35:15 PM by Imperial_Grounds »
Learn To Live With My Darker Side

RomanovsFan4Ever

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2009, 05:06:27 PM »
I learned english by reading and listening music, but my english is not yet perfect...English is totally different from my language (Italian), so I had many difficulties to learn it, learn Russian will not be easy, but I'm agree, these forms of media will be of great help for me. ;-)

Offline Olga Maria

• Velikye Knyaz
  • 1 Corinthians 13, Mark 11: 23-24, Romans 8: 38-39
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2009, 05:05:26 AM »
Since I don't know how to type Kirillitska using my english keyboard,what do some of you (those who write and know Russian) suggest me to type to find documentaries about the Romanovs there?

Großfürstin Ingrid

Amazing colored fotos  by the most wonderful Yelena Aleksandrovna. Endless thank you very much!

Offline pastpalacelife

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2009, 03:46:34 PM »
This is what I "typed" into the search box:    Николай II     Of course, I just right clicked copy and pasted it into it.  Also, look at my previous post about translating Russian and English, you could figure out words or phrases to search by typing it, translating to Russian, then copy and paste.  Good luck, tracy

Offline Ally Kumari

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Imperial Russia
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2009, 03:15:39 AM »
Ingrid - or you may try "How do you say in your language" thread. There are all the important words in Russian :)