Author Topic: Icons of Rasputin  (Read 35848 times)

RomanovMartyrs

Re: Icons of Rasputin
« Reply #45 on: September 13, 2009, 08:06:05 AM »
The replies here are rather distasteful, I think.

While Rasputin did have his personal faults, and his reputation wasn't exactly beneficial for the imperial family, everyone seems to be forgetting that he saved dear Alexei's life on countless occasions! This is why Alix trusted him! I think anyone of you would overlook one's physical presentation so long as they were saving your child's life. Whether you think he was a true healer, or merely a hypnotizer, it's still a fact that no one else succeeded in calming Alexei, and stopping his bleeding.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if we respect the Romanovs, should be not also respect their trusted holy man?

Alixz

« Reply #46 on: September 13, 2009, 01:06:02 PM »
No, I don't think so.

I don't believe that he was holy and I do believe that Alexandra was a at least one can short of a six pack when it came to Rasputin.

Remember that Rasputin was killed in December of 1916 and Alexei lived until July of 1918 without any intervention from Rasputin.  There is hardly any mention of Alexei bleeding except for the Tobolsk incident and even as bad as that one was, he was on the mend as the days led up to the murders.

He seemed to manage quite nicely without Rasputin for a year and a half and that shows me that Alexandra was wrong in her estimation that Rasputin ever saved Alexei's life.

Offline nena

• Velikye Knyaz
  • But every spring smells like you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 20, 2009, 06:55:03 AM »
I agree. But since I am always tending to mystical things and theories -- how about Rasputin's icons they held at captivity, and even at Four Brother Mine they found his icons. Did they help/cure?

And I must agree -- there is indeed something strange in Alexei's hemophilia. 
-Ars longa, vita brevis -
Mathematics, art and history in ♥

Offline Georgiy

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Slava v vyshnikh Bogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 20, 2009, 11:43:10 PM »
They would not have had icons of Rasputin. Rasputin has never been proclaimed a Saint. maybe portraits of hime, but not icons.

Alixz

« Reply #49 on: September 21, 2009, 10:35:16 AM »
I agree.  I don't believe they were icons, I believe that there was a mistranslation of the words and because an icon is a picture these pictures of Rasputin were determined to be icons.

It is not a vice-versa type of thing, but that is how is came across and was interpreted.