Author Topic: Olga's crushes: Pavel Voronov, Dmitri Shakh-Bagov, Nikolai, N.P., AKSH, dear S, etc.  (Read 156150 times)

Offline grandduchessella

• Global Moderator
  • Velikye Knyaz
  • Getting Ready to Move to Europe :D
    • View Profile
    • Facebook page
Thanks for saying what the gender neutral term may be. I know practically no Russian so had no way to figure it out.

I do like the photo of them together--it's the one shown in the catalog so I didn't repost.
They also serve who only stand and wait--John Milton
Come visit on Pinterest--http://pinterest.com/lawrbk/

Offline matushka

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
Is there any photograph of weeding of Pavel Voronov and Olga K.?

Offline moonlight_tsarina

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Inside the Palace Gates
I know this isn't her first love, but look how Olga is looking at the sailor with a flirtatious look!
it's funny..she probly had a crush on him too! i think this is the sailor she liked....
Check out my site!

www.freewebs.com/moonlight_tsarina

"Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil...but only love." -Olga Nikolayevna

Offline Janet_W.

• Velikye Knyaz
  • ...And no one's grief has ever passed you by...
    • View Profile
Thank you, moonlight tsarina, for posting this photo.

I've referred to it on several threads; it is also on prominent display in the traveling exhibit which began last year at Santa Fe, New Mexico.

You'll note Tatiana is having a nice big wink at the photographer--probably Anastasia--and is seemingly holding down poor Paul Voronov who, after all, is employed by the father of these rather bumptious girls! Rock and a hard place time for him, I think. Be my guest at interpreting what is going through Olga's mind. As for Marie, she looks a bit squashed into the arrangement. To my mind the photo has all the hallmarks of an impromptu tableau, brought about by Olga's mischievious sisters for her benefit and theirs.

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
lol, yup!

and tatia could be just blurring out the sun! (wink wink!)
;) ;)
Check out my site!

"Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil...but only love." -Olga Nikolayevna

Offline Abby

• Knyaz
  • July 18th 2005: 87 years
    • View Profile
Aww I love this picture. Ah, what am I talking about, I love them all.

I remember another pic of Olga with Voronov, taken on the Standart. I think it is in "the Romanov Family Albums" by Massie, and she is looking up at the camera, as if to say, "Hey! Get out of here, this is my moment!" She looks older. I'll see if I can find it!

Offline RomanovFan

• Knyaz
  • THE BIG PAIR, 1914
    • View Profile
Prince Carol of Romania wanted to marry Olga at some point, but then rejected her and tried to convince Nicholas II that he should marry Maria. The Tsar said his daughter was "still a school girl" and the Prince was rejected.
~LESLIE~

ROMANOV FAN SINCE 1997

Offline Robert_Hall

• Velikye Knyaz
  • a site.
    • View Profile
Where did THIS story come from?
Life may not be the party we expected, but while we are here, might as well dance..

Do you want the truth, or my side of the story ?- Hank Ketchum.

Offline Lanie

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
I believe Carol asking Nicholas to marry Maria happened in 1917, before the abdication (I believe it's in Sophie Buxhoeveden's bio of Alix).

Offline lilavanderhorn

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
The impression I got is that Carol and Olga were not impressed with each other, and on this official visit, he had an eye on Marie, who must have been about 15 at the time, but Nikolas laughed it off and said she was just a school girl.  I think this happened before 1917.

Offline matushka

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
I read there is an other reason witch explain that Olga did not marry Carol: the rumanian queen knew very well the illness of Alexei, she knew that some other member of Alix family - her family too - die. She should not wanted the same for the rumanian heir...

Offline QueenEna1887

• Graf
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
Could Olga have had a sexual relationship with the Standart officer? If so could she have been pregnant and had an illegitimate child?

Offline Forum Admin

• Administrator
  • Velikye Knyaz
  • www.alexanderpalace.org
    • View Profile
    • Alexander Palace Time Machine
Did NOT happen, would NOT happen. Likelihood of even possibly happening, slim to none.

IlyaBorisovich

I read there is an other reason witch explain that Olga did not marry Carol: the rumanian queen knew very well the illness of Alexei, she knew that some other member of Alix family - her family too - die. She should not wanted the same for the rumanian heir...

Strange, I've never heard this.  I thought it was Princess Marie who instigated the meeting in the first place.  I thought Alexis' illness was a very closely guarded secret that few outside the Imperial inner circle knew.

Ilya

Then again, Princess Marie was the wife of Crown Prince Ferdinand and Carol's mother.  The Romanian queen could very well have held a different opinion.

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
Here's a nice pic of olga and her crush.
;D ;)
Check out my site!