Discussions about the Imperial Family and European Royalty > Olga Nicholaievna

Olga's crushes: Pavel Voronov, Dmitri Shakh-Bagov, Nikolai, N.P., AKSH, dear S, etc.

<< < (19/62) > >>

hikaru:
This is the letter of 1909. Written in Livadia.
I think that Feofan is spiritual father of Nicholas, and, maybe, the family.
I know that Feofan was the spiritual father of Nicholas since Nicholas  was a Heir.
But I do not know about his family name.
What you, matushka, know about Feofan?

matushka:
Hikaru, some informations from my memory, then I will chek some documents! As far as I remember, Feofan (Bystrov), bishop of Poltava was one of the rare bright and deeply spitirual bishops of the pre-revolution period. He was rector of the Saint-Petersburg academie and it was him who received Rasputin for the first time hwn he came from Kazan to Peterburg. Grigory Efimovich made a good impression on him, and Feofan, who was spiritual director of Nicolas (but also Alexandra, I think), presented him to some members of the Romanov's family. Then, I think in 1911 he understood his deep error and frankly told it, but it was too late and he felt his responsability as a spiritual director. He became closer to Elisabeth Feodorovna. He was at that time already rector of the Moscow Academie and bishop of Poltava. He was a friend of the famous philosoph Pavel Florensky. After the revolution, he came to France and lived in an eremetic (ochelnichesky) way of life in a grot (peshcher') near the river Loire. He died there and is buried in this little village of Limeray. He wrote also some books, I remember one related to the theological problem of the Name of God, after the troubles at the Mount Athos. I think he was canonized, but I am not sure. Some call him Feofan Novy Zatvornik.
Well, that is what I remember. Tomorrow after the service I will search about him and will see that I made a lot of enormous errors...

Tania+:
Good Day Matushka,

I'm sitting here, with my jaw dropped open down to my small toes ! This is all because of the poem shared from Hiraku, and on the poem of GD Olga Nikolaevna's first love.

I know my daughter understands Russian, thank goodness. But for years, she also gave me the notion that she could not understand it. One day, her dad was speaking to his mother thru the speaker phone. My russian is not so good, so I said half under my breath, 'gee, I wish i knew what they were speaking about'. Our daughter then turned to me, and then began to quote verbatim what the conversation was about. I was more than startled.

Yesterday, for some reason I called her over to the computer and said I need you assistance to help me. I was on the exact thread and page wherein, anyone could look at the screen and see what was on it. She looked at the poem, and turned to me, and started to translate the poem. Oh boy, I was more than plesantly surprised. I had no idea that she had made application of herself to not only speak, but understand, and learn to read russian. God be praised.

For me, the last part was in deed a miracle, and that much more brought to light by a dear grand duchess's letter over 80 years ago.

I'm very proud and happy. Natasha I can say, is fluent in Russian, Armenian, English, + three years of Spanish, plus learning a bit of Tagalo. Why should I not be surprised, her dad does quiet well with about 5, and Uncles and Aunt's, Grandparent's are also do well in languages.

But, she only had formal training in three, sorry four.The Russian she has done by herself, very quietly.

Didn't mean to bore you, but just had to express my sheer delight at our daughter's accomplishment(s) and care to follow through on both sides of her family's heritage, and language.

Miracles never cease, do they.

God Bless.

Tatiana

--- Quote ---Hikaru, some informations from my memory, then I will chek some documents! As far as I remember, Feofan (Bystrov), bishop of Poltava was one of the rare bright and deeply spitirual bishops of the pre-revolution period. He was rector of the Saint-Petersburg academie and it was him who received Rasputin for the first time hwn he came from Kazan to Peterburg. Grigory Efimovich made a good impression on him, and Feofan, who was spiritual director of Nicolas (but also Alexandra, I think), presented him to some members of the Romanov's family. Then, I think in 1911 he understood his deep error and frankly told it, but it was too late and he felt his responsability as a spiritual director. He became closer to Elisabeth Feodorovna. He was at that time already rector of the Moscow Academie and bishop of Poltava. He was a friend of the famous philosoph Pavel Florensky. After the revolution, he came to France and lived in an eremetic (ochelnichesky) way of life in a grot (peshcher') near the river Loire. He died there and is buried in this little village of Limeray. He wrote also some books, I remember one related to the theological problem of the Name of God, after the troubles at the Mount Athos. I think he was canonized, but I am not sure. Some call him Feofan Novy Zatvornik.
Well, that is what I remember. Tomorrow after the service I will search about him and will see that I made a lot of enormous errors...
--- End quote ---

hikaru:
I have found in the catalogue of the GARF's exhibition about balls 2 letters from Olga to ..... Olga Konstantinovna Voronova, wife of her S.:

1. Tsarskoe Selo
1914 25 th August

Cheer Olga!
By herewith I send to both of your those small icons.
I wish God to save Your husband as well as You , dear mine ,
Kiss you strongly
Yours Olga

Russian original:
Milaya Olga!
Posylayu Vam oboim eti obrazki. Gospody da sokhranit Vashego muza i Vas , dorogaya moya. Krepko tseluyu.
Vasha Olga

hikaru:
2. Second Letter
28th December 1914 Ts.S. (i.e. tsarskoe selo)

Olga, cheerful mine
I congratulate Your from all my heart with birthday of Yours husband.  I pray the God to send him happiness as well as to save him in such hard time.

Russian original:
Olyga, milaya moya!
Pozdravlyayu Vas ot vsey dushi dnyom rozdeniya vashego muza. Poshli emu gospody vo vsyom schastya i da khranit ego v eto tyazoloe vremya.

SO, Olga was a very brave woman.
She was trying to say that " I am still thinking about Your husband"

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version