Author Topic: Palace of GD Mikhail Mikhailovitch,2nd son of GD Mikhail N.  (Read 13961 times)

Offline Reco

• Graf
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
Re: Palace of GD Mikhail Mikhailovitch,2nd son of GD Mikhail N.
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2007, 07:14:18 PM »

Not, Arleen, I did not take the photograph. I found it on Internet by chance.

Offline Svetabel

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • http://svetabella.livejournal.com/
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2007, 01:22:41 AM »
Reco, Did you take this photograph?  What an interesting ship on the river.....any idea what it is, or what it is used for?

Arleen

Usually such ships on the Neva ( in the historical centre of the city) are just cafes  :) or restaurants or narrowboats.

Offline Venois

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2007, 02:38:52 AM »
Some more photos of the Palace of GD Mikhail Mikhailovich:

« Last Edit: May 09, 2007, 02:41:51 AM by Venois »
VIRTUTEM FORMA DECORAT

Offline Svetabel

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2007, 02:23:33 PM »
The Study of GD Mikhail Mikhailovitch - modern view

Offline Vassili_Vorontsoff

• Knyaz
  • If I should die,think only this of me...R.Brooke
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2007, 06:48:41 PM »
Magnificent palaces for sure and marvelous pics but it sounds too empty as if the revolution were there is quite a short time...

It lacks of tables, ices, pieces of furniture, chairs, couches to reveal the real atmosphere of a prince's palace...I hope that with the passes of time,that something would be done!

V

Offline Twobsbob

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2008, 03:46:39 PM »
Svetabel,

Thank you so much for posting the pictures and information about the GD Mikhail Mikhailovich palace on Admiralty Embankment.  I was in StP a few months ago, and our hotel was located literally next door to it, at 2 Admiralty Emb., (identified in one of your pictures).  From my bedroom windows, I could see what is probably the palace's ballroom.  I was very curious about the building, and only found out on the last day of our stay that it was formerly the Grand Duke's palace.  I was told that it is used for social events and concerts.  It looks in very good shape, and I did see many people go in and out of the building at night, alighting from black limousines and such.  I have been scouring the web to find out more about it, and you've provided me with amazing information.  Thanks..

Bob

Offline imperialrussia.com

• RUSSIAN IMPERIAL COLLECTION
    • View Profile
    • Russian Imperial Collection - www.imperialrussia.com
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2011, 03:02:41 PM »
Арбитражный суд Петербурга и Ленобласти запретил регистрировать сделки в отношении исторического комплекса дворца великого князя Михаила Романова, проданного частному инвестору несколько месяцев назад.

Инициатор судебного разбирательства, экс-арендатор здания ООО Комплекс Адмиралтейская-8, опасается, что новый владелец особняка передаст права на здание третьим лицам, сообщает Фонтанка.Ру.

Замороженным исторический комплекс будет оставаться до 9 июня. На этот день назначено судебное заседание, на котором будут по существу рассматриваться претензии Комплекса Адмиралтейская-8. Истец также просит признать недействительными торги по продаже исторического здания.

В конце февраля дворец достался никому не известной компании по стартовой цене 520 млн рублей. В торгах участвовали две компании; победителем стало ООО Дворец Великого князя Михаила Михайловича Романова.

В ООО Комплекс Адмиралтейская-8 полагают, что фирма, заключившая договор с Фондом имущества, преследует цель перепродать выкупленный дворец. Дворец Михаила Михайловича Романова (Мало-Михайловский) был построен в 1885 году по проекту российского архитектора Максимилиана Месмахера, немца по происхождению, когда великому князю было 24 года. Площадь княжеского дворца составляет 5000 кв. м, а его участка 0,221 га. Служебный флигель занимает 3135 квадратных метра на участке 0,188 га.

Здание в стиле неоренессанс был инновационным для конца XIX века: к дому были подведены газопровод, электричество, телефонная связь. Парадный вход был с Адмиралтейской набережной. В 1917 году здание купила страховая компания Русский Ллойд. В советское время в нем располагались различные общественные учреждения.

* РУССКАЯ ИМПЕРАТОРСКАЯ КОЛЛЕКЦИЯ * ЦАРСКИЕ ПРЕДМЕТЫ АНТИКВАРИАТА *
   WWW.IMPERIALRUSSIA.COM

Offline Svetabel

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2014, 02:04:14 PM »
A video on the Palace, in Russian, but you can see the restored interiors

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrMvKqcje8o