Author Topic: LAST YEARS OF THE COURT AT TSARSKOE SELO, by Spiridovitch -- in English!  (Read 19971 times)

Offline Nobility

• View Profile
    • Spiridovitch Books / Russiahouse Press
Re: LAST YEARS OF THE COURT AT TSARSKOE SELO, by Spiridovitch -- in English!
« Reply #45 on: February 27, 2010, 09:19:10 PM »
Extension of APTM 'Members Discount', on ' Last Years of the Court at Tsarskoe Selo' Vol 1

We have had such a last final rush for the First Edition Hardback, we have decided to extend the Special Offer on the 'First Edition Hardback Vol 1', until futher Notice.

The saving is about 35% on the Normal List.

And we are still giving away a free copy of the 'Generals Photo Album' C/D E-book, with each purchase.

All that is needed, send an email to bookclub1@russiahousepress.com with your Member name.

And we shall let you have the details.

Remember this is restricted to members only.

Thank you

Nobility
www.russiahousepress.com  www.spiridovitchbooks.com

Offline BobG

• Graf
  • George of Greece
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 28, 2010, 10:29:08 AM »
Having enjoyed Volume I immensely, I highly recommend it to those interested in the Imperial Family.  In addition to many details of the world of Tsarskoye Selo, there were many other gems of revelations (to me).  For example, I learned that Nicholas and Alexandra were encourage by the court to build their own new palace in Livadia at the sight of the burnt-down Oreanda.  Their reason for not doing so was given in the book as their desire to give Oreanda to Alexei to build his own palace there when he came of age.  I am looking forward to Vol 2 soooo much.

BobG

Offline sydguy71

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
I am half way through this book, and I too am learning bits and pieces that I did not previously
know. A great interesting read, and I cannot wait for the second volume ;D

Alixz

I merged the two threads on this English version of the Spiridovitch memoirs so that posters would not be confused by the separate publishing of the books.

One is by the descendants of Spiridovitch and the other is being done by Paul Gilbert at Gilbert's Royal Books.

Please take the time to read the entire thread and then you will have all the answers you need as to what is happening with these books and the translation.

Nobility - who is a member here and the publisher of the Commemorative Edition is a descendant of General Spiridovitch and is offering a very nice deal on Volume One.  Volume Two is in progress.

I hope that merging these two threads doesn't confuse anyone.  That was not my intention.

Alixz

« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 11:11:10 AM by Alixz »

Offline Condecontessa

• Graf
    • View Profile
Oh wow, I didn't know Nobility is a descendant of General Spiridovitch. Buying the book directly from him is the closest link I experienced from Russian Imperial History. How cool is that!!!!

Offline Nobility

• View Profile
    • Spiridovitch Books / Russiahouse Press
Thanks Alixz,

Good idia!

I think that may clarify a few questions some have.

Hi Graf, sadly only flesh and blood and honoured to sit in the large shadow of my Great Grandpa.

We are thrilled with the multitude of generous compliments made by the members of this forum and readers of 'LAST YEARS OF THE COURT AT TSARSKOE SELO'

I have every intention to see this 2 Volume set of Memoirs take their rightful place in the Librarys and Universitys of the world, as an important, permanent and truthful record of those times.

Nobility

Offline newfan

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 10, 2011, 11:24:29 AM »
Does anybody knows when is the vol.2 out?The website or email for the publisher no longer exist
Thanks

Offline katmaxoz

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 10, 2011, 01:32:44 PM »
I've been wondering the same thing. They don't respond to emails either.

Offline rgt9w

• Graf
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 10, 2011, 04:29:00 PM »
The last email I received from them was in July 2010. At the time, it said they had no date determined for publication for the second volume. I've not heard anything since.

Offline katmaxoz

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 10, 2011, 06:25:52 PM »
To have half a book is the most annoying thing...

Offline newfan

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 10, 2011, 07:17:25 PM »
I have try to email them but the emails come back as not able to be delivered!Been trying to contact them as I said but the website is down.Yes its very annoying!!!Half the book you are right.The person's email who was posting here is down also

Offline primrose

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 10, 2011, 09:24:29 PM »
I have also tried to reach them but with no luck. I'm really anxious to read Volume II and see how the pieces fit together with other accounts of the period I've been reading lately.

Wasn't there talk of another translation being done about the same time Volume I was published? I seem to remember that Paul Gilbert was mentioned in this context, perhaps he was going to carry it in his bookshop... I've looked there several times but have never seen it there.

I do wish Nobility would post on this thread as he has done in the past and bring us up to date.
"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give."

Winston Churchill

Offline Sarushka

• Velikye Knyaz
  • May I interest you in a grain of salt?
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 10, 2011, 10:14:57 PM »
Wasn't there talk of another translation being done about the same time Volume I was published? I seem to remember that Paul Gilbert was mentioned in this context, perhaps he was going to carry it in his bookshop... I've looked there several times but have never seen it there.

Here's a link to volume I on Gilbert's site:
http://www.angelfire.com/pa/ImperialRussian/grb/grbpg29.html

I haven't heard any news about when/if Gilbert plans on releasing volume II.
THE LOST CROWN: A Novel of Romanov Russia -- now in paperback!
"A dramatic, powerful narrative and a masterful grasp of life in this vanished world." ~Greg King