Author Topic: Empress Alexandra and General Orlov  (Read 24256 times)

Offline Caleb

• Graf
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
Re: Empress Alexandra and General Orlov
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2005, 01:50:41 PM »
I get the feeling that Alexandra wouldn't have a lover for 2 reasons, first: she was too busy dealing with Alexei's hemophilia; second: I really believe that Alexandra was too much in love with Nicholas & I'm sure she was aware of the consequences of an affair & how it would tear the Romanov family apart.

Offline Sarastasia

• Graf
  • "This is their life... Live it with them."
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2005, 03:38:02 AM »
I agree, Caleb.
And also since she probably thought she was causing the family a lot of damage already, she knew her place and to step out of line just would have been devestating.
I mean, if Nikolai had discovered something going on, then goodness knows what he would do...

Offline Caleb

• Graf
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2005, 02:36:39 PM »
She also might have heard about how an affair tore apart the family of her grandfather, Prince Albert

Offline Decadence

• Boyar
  • She cries for nothing else
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2005, 08:42:31 AM »
???
Can you explain please?
You mean, Prince Albert as in Prince Albert Saxe-Coburg-Gotha?
As in Queen Victoria's Prince Albert?
As in V&A Prince Albert?
Albert Hall Prince Albert?
Osbourne House Prince Albert?

*more ramblings of something to do with Prince Albert*
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Marie-Antoinette »
Her irises flash facets
    and they see for nothing else

Offline bell_the_cat

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I am he, who will bell the cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2005, 09:15:00 AM »
???
Can you explain please?
You mean, Prince Albert as in Prince Albert Saxe-Coburg-Gotha?
As in Queen Victoria's Prince Albert?
As in V&A Prince Albert?
Albert Hall Prince Albert?
Osbourne House Prince Albert?

*more ramblings of something to do with Prince Albert*

What Caleb means is that Prince Albert came from a broken home. His parents split up when he was small, because his mother (Louise) was having an affair.
Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after tomorrow. (Mark Twain)

Offline Decadence

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2005, 09:17:21 AM »
Oh! I see!
I was going to say:
"Albert cheated on Vicky??"
Lol,
forgive me for my presumptuous.
Her irises flash facets

Offline bell_the_cat

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2005, 09:34:43 AM »
Oh! I see!
I was going to say:
"Albert cheated on Vicky??"
Lol,
forgive me for my presumptuous.

Forgiven! Perhaps as a result of his parents' marriage, Albert was of course super-faithful, something which can not be said of his brother Ernst (I believe).
Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after tomorrow. (Mark Twain)

Offline Decadence

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2005, 09:38:01 AM »
I can imagine, yes.
He was so faithful, Victoria loved him so desperatley she never came out of mourning when he died. A sad story really. If Albert's mother hadnt of been having an affair, things may of turned out completley differently..
Her irises flash facets

Offline bell_the_cat

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2005, 09:43:50 AM »
I can imagine, yes.
He was so faithful, Victoria loved him so desperatley she never came out of mourning when he died. A sad story really. If Albert's mother hadnt of been having an affair, things may of turned out completley differently..

It certainly scarred him emotionally, and gave him a complicated psychology, that (who knows?) may have contributed to his early death. Albert, unlike Victoria, was very undemonstrative about his emotions.

Offline Grace

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2005, 05:27:57 AM »

It certainly scarred him emotionally, and gave him a complicated psychology, that (who knows?) may have contributed to his early death. Albert, unlike Victoria, was very undemonstrative about his emotions.

I can't really see how the break up of Albert's parent's marriage when he was a child would have contributed to his early death.  ???

Anyway, back to Alexandra, I seriously doubt she would have had any type of liaison outside of marriage, particularly with her fervent religious faith as well as her feelings for her husband and family.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Grace »

Offline imperial angel

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2005, 10:48:29 AM »
Alexandra would never have had a affair during her marriage to Nicholas. It was not with a sailor, Rasputin or anyone else. It wasn't in her character or convictions, in the least. I think that some consorts did this, but not Alexandra. Marie of Romania is the one you want to discuss secret lovers about. ;)

Offline David_Newell

• Boyar
  • We shall meet again in far, far better place
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2005, 01:35:18 PM »
This is too ridiculous for words, anyone who knows AF would know that it just was not in her personality. She may have had flirtations or men she felt close to. But that would be about all.

She thought a great deal of Botkin, Gillard and Mr Gibbs but have affairs with them.....I don't think so.

David Newell. London

Offline imperial angel

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2005, 10:37:27 AM »
Yes, there was never a secret lover, although she might have thought highly of other men, it was never with love. She and Nicholas were two of the great soul mates of history, along with Prince Charles and Camilla. But Nicholas and Alexandra's love did not cause any troubles.

Offline Sainte-Claire1875

• Boyar
  • Ksenia Aleksandrovna, sister of Nicholas II
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2005, 12:36:38 PM »
Yes, there was never a secret lover, although she might have thought highly of other men, it was never with love. She and Nicholas were two of the great soul mates of history, along with Prince Charles and Camilla. But Nicholas and Alexandra's love did not cause any troubles.

I quite agree--Nicholas and Alexandra had the most beautiful love I've ever known of, and just the thought of one of them having an affair on the other is utterly ridiculous! They fell in love in 1884, when Ella married Nicky's uncle Sergei, and they remained even more in love until the day they died in 1918. Theirs was something rare and special, and there would never have even been the thought of one of them having an affair--it was all rumours, spread by revolutionaries and bolsheviks, in order to discredit Nicholas and Alexandra for propaganda, and tragically it worked.
'The Russian Revolution took almost everything from me but the Bolsheviks left me with one privilage--to be a private person.'--Grand Duchess Xenia Aleksandrovna.

Offline Azarias

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2005, 04:08:16 PM »
The entire notion that Alexandra had a lover seems utterly rediculous, just like the other thread on her & Rasputin. I am willing to believe that Rasputin might have tried, but no go.

How many have judged Nicholas & Alexandra as having been out of touch? We see and understand the reasons why. Based on this sort of bad PR and the fact that the Bolsheviks needed to destroy N & A's public image, we get all of this intrigue and scandal. Sadly, I guess human nature hasn't changed much at all - everyone loves a sex scandal.

Has anyone ever considered (maybe a new thread?) that if things had worked out differently, suppose N had been executed and A released? Would it be hard to imagine A joining Ella (ok had she not been offed also) in the convent? That would take the term "sisters" to a new level - one which I see as not being unthinkable.
"My! People come and go so quickly here!" - Dorothy, The Wizard of Oz