Author Topic: Rasputin's prediction  (Read 62011 times)

Offline JM

• Graf
    • View Profile
Rasputin's prediction
« on: March 13, 2004, 06:05:03 PM »
If I am killed by common assassins and especially by my brothers the Russian peasants, you, Tsar of Russia, have nothing to fear for your children, they will reign for hundreds of years in Russia.

...if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in your family, that is to say, none of your children or relations will remain alive for two years. They will be killed by the Russian people...

I shall be killed. I am no longer among the living. Pray, pray, be strong, think of your blessed family.

Grigory

Apparently this "prediction" was written by Rasputin before his death.  However, I have occasionaly read that this is a forgery written after his death. Personally I feel that such a prediction is almost too much of a coincidence. Does anybody know for sure that this was written by Rasputin?

Offline _Rodger_

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
Re: Rasputin's prediction
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2004, 09:14:49 PM »
Forgery.  
WARNING!!!!  This post may be hazardous to one's sense of things.  Read with caution.

Offline Forum Admin

• Administrator
  • Velikye Knyaz
  • www.alexanderpalace.org
    • View Profile
    • Alexander Palace Time Machine
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2004, 09:27:04 PM »
We have never seen any evidence that this was true or accurate. We agree, forgery.

Offline JM

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2004, 09:41:00 AM »
Yes, I thought as much. Thanks for confirming it's "authenticity".

Offline Louise

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2004, 02:07:53 PM »
If we accept that this prediction is indeed a forgery; does anyone know who was responsible for the letter and when originated? When was it established that it was a forgery and not an authentic prophecy from Rasputin?

So many myths and mysteries surround the Imperial Family.

Louise
The sign of a sick mind is studying for a final exam and thinking it's the

Offline JM

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2004, 03:32:39 PM »
I remember hearing somewhere that it was formulated by supporters of Rasputin. Not too sure though.

Offline LisaDavidson

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2004, 06:21:37 PM »
It indeed first appeared in something written after Rasputin's death by one of his supporters. I believe it also first appeared after the murder of the Imperial Family.

Offline Louise

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2004, 08:04:49 PM »
It would be extremely interesting to learn more about this forged prediction as it is one of the enduring myths surrounding Rasputin.

Louise
The sign of a sick mind is studying for a final exam and thinking it's the

Offline Katharina

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2004, 03:33:04 AM »
According to Rasputin's secretary and confidant Simanovich, this "prophetic" letter was written in December 1916.

From Protopopov Rasputin knew of some plot early in December 1916. So it is likely that he expressed his fear - but nothing more.
As Rasputin wrote like a child aged six or seven, most of his writings were dictated.

Simanovich's memories were published after the murder of the Imperial Family:
Vospominaniya byvshego sekretarya Grigoriya Rasputina, Riga 1924
French translation: Raspoutine par son secretaire, Gallimard 1930

Without much doubt it was Aron Simanovich himself who committed this forgery. It was an easy task for him. Those able to contradict his statement were not alive any more.

RobMoshein

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2004, 09:16:10 AM »
I have a copy of the original French version of Simanovich's "Memoirs". I translated much of it, hoping perhaps to post an online version. However, it frankly is virtually all made up, self serving, and scurillous in an attempt to sensationalilze and create scandal.  There is almost no genuine fact or insight to be gained from it.  In just the first ten pages, he portrays Nicholas as a hard-drinking, wife beating philanderer and Alexandra as an hysterical drunken sexual predator! Sadly for history, he seems to have nothing genuine to add to Rasputin facts. I have absolutely no doubt that he fabricated that "prediction".

David Newell

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2004, 11:48:20 AM »
I have always assumed that this prediction was a forgery. I just have a gut feeling about it. After all there is so much rubbish that is believed as fact about Father Grigori Rasputin. I wonder if AF ever really saw the letter. I can't remember if she did or not.

David Newell. London

Offline Forum Admin

• Administrator
  • Velikye Knyaz
  • www.alexanderpalace.org
    • View Profile
    • Alexander Palace Time Machine
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2004, 01:09:27 PM »
David,
The letter most likely never really existed.  It seems most likely that it was part of the fiction created by Rasputin's secretary to help sell his lurid books after the Revolution.  There is no reference to the letter anywhere verifiable before then.

Offline David_Newell

• Boyar
  • We shall meet again in far, far better place
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2004, 06:37:07 AM »
I agree it never probably existed,

mjf

Rasputinīs prophecies.
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2004, 03:42:41 AM »
can someone please tell me the reasons surrounding the letter rasputin sent to the tsarina? perhaps how did it support the movie "nicholas and alexandra"?  

Nadya Arapov

Re: rasputin letter
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2004, 08:24:06 PM »
Are you referring to the letter he wrote the Tsar predicting his death?

Rasputin apparently composed that letter after hearing rumors that there was going to be an attempt made on his life.

Some have tried to suggest that this chilling letter proves he possessed special powers. I disagree. There were many people who wanted Rasputin dead (an attempt had been made on his life in 1912) he didn't have to be psychic to realize that his life was in danger.