Author Topic: Rasputin's prediction  (Read 60049 times)

Nadya Arapov

Re: rasputin letter
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2004, 08:26:13 PM »
I should add that there is apparently some doubt about the authenticity of the letter in question.

Offline Louise

• Graf
    • View Profile
Re: rasputin letter
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2004, 10:32:30 PM »
For more information on Rasputin and his "prediciton letter" go to Imperial Russian History on the board and read the posts there! ;)

Louise
The sign of a sick mind is studying for a final exam and thinking it's the

Delin Colon

Re: Rasputin's prediction
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2004, 09:30:07 PM »
Has it ever occurred to any of you that history is generally written by the ruling aristocracy, and not the common man?  Indeed there is much in Simanovitch's memoirs (which I have translated in full, into English) which is substantiated by Russia's own historian, Edvard Radzinsky. The most important of these historical facts concerns the huge numbers of unjustly imprisoned Jews who were freed due to Simanovitch's contact with Rasputin, not to mention the many pogroms that were averted, due to Rasputin's intervention by pleading with the tzar.  One must not forget that Russia was incredibly anti-Semitic, and still is, to a large extent.  It is true that Jews were confined to living in certain areas and that there were quotas as to how many could attend various schools and universities.  Simanovitch and Rasputin helped overcome such obstacles for many Jews.  But, of course, Russian history would have Rasputin be evil, having been on the side of the underdog.  Whether or not the predictions are true is a moot point, and insignificant compared to the social issues they were dealing with.
I have a copy of the original French version of Simanovich's "Memoirs". I translated much of it, hoping perhaps to post an online version. However, it frankly is virtually all made up, self serving, and scurillous in an attempt to sensationalilze and create scandal.  There is almost no genuine fact or insight to be gained from it.  In just the first ten pages, he portrays Nicholas as a hard-drinking, wife beating philanderer and Alexandra as an hysterical drunken sexual predator! Sadly for history, he seems to have nothing genuine to add to Rasputin facts. I have absolutely no doubt that he fabricated that "prediction".

RobMoshein

« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2004, 09:05:46 AM »
I stand behind my original statement.  Simanovich is so full of obvious and self-serving fiction that what little truth might be lurking inside is called into question by association.  One does not have to look at "post revolution" sources, rather the contemporary sources of the time, including palace records,  to realize that this book is almost useless as a resource of historical fact, IMHO.

Offline Mike

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Erast Fandorin Museum
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2004, 09:42:56 AM »
Russia's own historian, Edvard Radzinsky.

Radzinsky historian? ;D He is a well-connected compiler of popular books and a TV showman, a skilled manufacturer of Russian mass culture. As such he probably deserves some acclaim, but historian he is definitely not.

rskkiya

« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2004, 09:53:32 PM »
This so called document is a forgery ...Rasputin was far too inarticulate to compose such a note -- let alone understand it.

R.

Offline Annie

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Anna Anderson Exposed!
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2004, 08:34:50 PM »
But the mystical aura of the prediction being true is so much more fun ;)

Offline Sushismom

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2004, 04:51:11 PM »
The prediction, though, would only be partially correct.

Offline Valmont

• Graf
  • I love History  !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2004, 05:08:28 PM »
besides,
It is easier to write a "prediction" after  the events had happened...
Arturo Vega-Llausás

Offline Michelle

• Knyaz
  • No more school forever!  Well,except college.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2004, 10:22:03 PM »
The prediction, though, would only be partially correct.

How would it only be partially correct?  (I'm not challenging your statement, just curious as to your thoughts :))

rskkiya

« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2004, 08:16:43 AM »
Michelle

Not everyone in The House of Romanov was killed by the Russian people ... Nicholas' sisters, mother, uncles and many cousins survived-- end of story.  

R

Offline Michelle

• Knyaz
  • No more school forever!  Well,except college.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2004, 02:52:21 PM »
Thank you, rskkiya.  And I hope my inquiry didn't annoy anyone too much. :)

Maria_Romanov_fan

Curse?
« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2004, 05:37:16 PM »
I read somewhere once that  Rasputin put a curse on the family before he died. It went something like this:

"If anything is to happen to me, you will lose your son and your crown within the next six months..."

Anyone here of this?

Sunny

Re: Curse?
« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2004, 07:31:00 PM »
Maria_Romanov_fan, the famous prediction was:

"I write and leave behind me this letter at St. Petersburg. I feel that I shall leave life before January 1...If I am killed by common assassins, and especially by my brothers the Russian peasants, you Tsar of Russia, have nothing to fear, remain on your throne and govern, and you, Russian Tsar, will have nothing to fear for your children, they will reign for hundreds of years in Russia...if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family, that is to say, none of your children or relations, will remain alive for more than two years. They will be killed by the Russian people...You must reflect and act prudently. Think of your safety and tell your relations that I have paid for them with my blood. I shall be killed. I am no longer among the living."

Pray, pray, be strong,
think of your blessed family.
Grigory

Maria_Romanov_fan

Re: Curse?
« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2004, 07:38:27 PM »
Sunny thank you for that post. Wow, thoes are very strong words. Do you know if Alix. or Nick. belived any of it?