Author Topic: Rasputin's prediction  (Read 61997 times)

Offline Merrique

• Knyaz
  • aka Yekaterina Yevgenievna
    • View Profile
Re: Curse?
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2004, 07:44:32 PM »
I believe this "supposed" letter was found AFTER the IF had been murdered.So they knew nothing about it.It's also been said that Rasputin never wrote this letter,but someone that knew him did.I think there is a thread already discussing this.If you do a search for it you might be able to find it.
Don't knock on Death's door....ring the doorbell and run.He hates that.:D

Maria_Romanov_fan

« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2004, 07:46:46 PM »
It's also been said that Rasputin never wrote this letter,but someone that knew him did.

Revenge possibly?

Offline Mandie, the Gothic Empress

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Olga.Tatiana.Maria.Anastasia + Alexei
    • View Profile
    • Romanovs of Russia
« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2004, 08:09:59 PM »
I read somewhere once that  Rasputin put a curse on the family before he died. It went something like this:

"If anything is to happen to me, you will lose your son and your crown within the next six months..."

Anyone here of this?

That in Anastasia's diary by Carolyn Meyer, Most in that book is not real. like Tatiana's Officer Saltikov wasn't real or was Lieutrensnt Boris.

Offline Dandywell

• Boyar
  • Gospodi Pomilui
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2004, 11:47:32 AM »
I read about the "curse" in The book "The Kitchen Boy", which is a novel, but is also filled with many diary entries and letters that were actual. The letter in the book is the same as Sunny posted.  I think it would be quite extrodinary if the letter was an actual prediction by Rasputin, but the likelihood of that isn't very good. Maybe he knew of a plot against him by one of their relations, and also the plot against the Romanovs, and just pedicted by what he knew to be true, trying to scare them, or make people think he was some kind of prophet.
She stepped away from me and she moved through the fair,
And fondly I watched her move here and move there,
Then she went her way homeward with one star awake,
As the swan in the evening moves over the lake.

Online Forum Admin

• Administrator
  • Velikye Knyaz
  • www.alexanderpalace.org
    • View Profile
    • Alexander Palace Time Machine
« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2004, 12:30:11 PM »
The supposed "curse" has been discussed before in other threads. It never existed, Rasputin never wrote it, Nicholas and Alexandra never heard of it. It was part of the myth surrounding Rasputin that sprouted after the Revolution.
Period.

Offline Dandywell

• Boyar
  • Gospodi Pomilui
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2004, 02:26:40 PM »
Thanks for clearing that up. May I ask where you found this information?

Online Forum Admin

• Administrator
  • Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2004, 02:28:52 PM »
The thread below in this Rasputin section called "Rasputin's Prediction?"
http://hydrogen.pallasweb.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=rasputin;action=display;num=1102902542

This link is no longer viable. Much information was lost during the server change made during 2004 or 2005.

Alixz
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 12:59:00 PM by Alixz »

Offline Dandywell

• Boyar
  • Gospodi Pomilui
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 20, 2004, 03:01:07 PM »
Just wondering, have you ever been to Russia?

Online Forum Admin

• Administrator
  • Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 20, 2004, 03:09:53 PM »
Dandywell
Not sure who you are asking, but that question is best left either to a PM or to a new thread in another section. Please try to keep the discussion focused on topic.
Thanks
FA
(ps if you were asking me, that answer is posted elsewhere in the forum and should be easy for you to find if you look)

Online Forum Admin

• Administrator
  • Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 20, 2004, 05:50:56 PM »
hint:
http://hydrogen.pallasweb.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=history;action=display;num=1103409844;start=2#2

This link is no longer viable. Much information was lost during the server change in 2004-2005

Alixz
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 12:59:54 PM by Alixz »

Offline hissunnywife

• Romanovs - a spiritual example
    • View Profile
Re: Rasputin's prediction
« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2005, 08:45:30 AM »
Despite all comments and the well researched forum administrator whom i respect, we need to sometimes stay away from purely intellectual, fact driven conversation, particularly when it comes to predictions. Predictions come from beyond the mind and intellect (Universal mind and intellect) and if indeed we want to beleive them or not, we need to switch on our intuitions (subtle senses) above the so called factual, especially when no one has any hard evidence.

It seems very likely that Rasputin has sent such a prediction to the Tzar.

Offline Johnny

• Graf
  • Never mind!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2005, 01:29:24 PM »
Despite all comments and the well researched forum administrator whom i respect, we need to sometimes stay away from purely intellectual, fact driven conversation, particularly when it comes to predictions. Predictions come from beyond the mind and intellect (Universal mind and intellect) and if indeed we want to beleive them or not, we need to switch on our intuitions (subtle senses) above the so called factual, especially when no one has any hard evidence.

It seems very likely that Rasputin has sent such a prediction to the Tzar.

Huh!? Are you serious or just playing the devil's advocate ???
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Johnny »
Татьяна: Кто ты - мой ангел ли хранитель?

Offline strom

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2005, 03:44:10 PM »
Whoever composed the "prophecy of Rasputin" it was not a Bolchevik devil.  It is a ploy to mold the view of the revolution directed at those who were on the losing side and heading for exile or death.

There remains a mystery surrounding Father Grigori.  He seemed to encourage myth-making, perhaps to make it easier to hide something must worse than people have yet understood very well.  In any event, I think he thought that he could control the very situation he had done everything to encourage.  I suspect other myth-makers beat him at his own game, all the while taking advantage of his immoderate ego.  Can one imagine a more perfect "fifth column" for the German Imperial ambition?  The marrigae of Lenin and his goons to the German power made the legend of Rasputin something that was used by Russians themselves to destroy Russians!  In conclusion, one can not imagine a more perfect ploy to destroy the traditional government and spiritual tradition of Russia.  Something of that collapse has to be blamed on Rasputin, and ultimately at the feet of the man who was loved by the Imperial family as Father Grigori.  

Offline Villeneuve

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 29, 2005, 01:51:25 AM »
Hello!

I was wondering, does anyone of you know any "trustworthy source" for the suspicions that the letter of Rasputin is a forgery? Some book etc. that can be stated as a source in an investigation.

However, I have occasionaly read that this is a forgery written after his death  writes Jmentanko. Do you remember where? :)

Online Forum Admin

• Administrator
  • Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 29, 2005, 08:40:54 AM »
The first actual reference to the "prediction" was by Simanovitch, R's secretary in his book published in early 1920s.  There is simply NO mention of it anywhere before then.