The Alexander Palace Time Machine Discussion Forum

User Info & Key Stats   
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
December 21, 2014, 10:16:48 AM
462913 Posts in 9007 Topics by 14527 Members
Latest Member: Scamall
News: We think Pallasart is the best web design company in Austin and for good reason - they make this forum possible! Looking for a website? Call them at 512 469-7454.
+  The Alexander Palace Time Machine Discussion Forum
|-+  Discussions about Russian History
| |-+  Rasputin (Moderators: LisaDavidson, BobAtchison, Forum Admin)
| | |-+  Rasputin's prediction
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Down Print
Author
Topic: Rasputin's prediction  (Read 39946 times)
Reply #60
« on: June 07, 2005, 04:22:52 AM »
Johnny Offline
Graf
Never mind! Posts: 290

View Profile

Rasputin was virtually illiterate.  He could barely scrawl his name. His secretary was Aron Simanovitch, and he was not shot by the Bolsheviks, he escaped to Paris.  Simanovitch did make up some of the false prophesies.  I direct you to the first and most complete first hand biography of Rasputin, by Spiridovitch who was the head of secret personal security to Nicholas II, and who read first hand all of the Okhrana reports and other source material.  Rasputin simply did NOT write one word of the above "prophecies" ever.  Nor did he ever publish that supposed "book" in 1912. They are made up by others.

Forum Admin.
Do you know when his "Diary" and the "Travelog" were published and who wrote them?

Татьяна: Кто ты - мой ангел ли хранитель?
Reply #61
« on: June 07, 2005, 06:57:05 AM »
Forum Admin Offline
Administrator
Velikye Knyaz
www.alexanderpalace.org Posts: 4523

View Profile WWW

My thoughts and my reflections. A Brief description of my voyage to holy places and the reflections which it suggested to my on diverse religious subjects, Grigori Rasputin, Petrograd 1915.

Thats it. Just one book, covering both the trip and his "thoughts"
Reply #62
« on: June 25, 2005, 12:08:07 PM »
hikaru Offline
Velikye Knyaz
I love YaBB 1G - SP1! Posts: 1123

View Profile

By talking with the Head of security Division Rasputin said in 1915 : "You must feed the people, then they will become calm"
Some simple , wise words - which after some time, could be regarded as prediction.
Maybe it was regarded after the revolution as prediction.

He said that when he will die, Russia will die too.
But , according to the officers of Security Division , he was just marionnaites in the hands of dirty intrigantes.
Reply #63
« on: July 09, 2005, 06:49:46 AM »
Rijio Offline
Boyar
~Oosaka Koi no Uta~ Posts: 125

View Profile

Strange letter indeed...scary  Shocked
but I'm just wondering...if Rasputin had the power to foresee the end of the Romanovs, why did he accept to follow felix Yussupov so why didn't he see his own death  Huh

Very good question. Alixz
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 11:07:49 AM by Alixz » Logged

Reply #64
« on: July 09, 2005, 07:06:36 AM »
Finelly

I could have sworn that Alexandra referred to this prophecy immediately after R's death in letters to N and others.  Am I wrong?  

As for what Rasputin did for the Jews, let's not bank on it.  
Reply #65
« on: July 09, 2005, 07:10:32 AM »
Rijio Offline
Boyar
~Oosaka Koi no Uta~ Posts: 125

View Profile

I could have sworn that Alexandra referred to this prophecy immediately after R's death in letters to N and others.  Am I wrong?  

As for what Rasputin did for the Jews, let's not bank on it.  

The letter wasn't directly sent to Nikolai?  Huh

Reply #66
« on: July 09, 2005, 07:37:08 AM »
Finelly

The "rumors" concerning the prediction do claim that the letter was sent directly to N.

But I guess what I was trying to say was that there may be independent corroboration of the letter if A referred to it in correspondence...
Reply #67
« on: July 09, 2005, 07:40:23 AM »
rskkiya

He said that when he will die, Russia will die too.
But , according to the officers of Security Division , he was just marionnaites in the hands of dirty intrigantes.

Hikaru
Please quote your source for this statement.

rs
Reply #68
« on: July 09, 2005, 07:50:05 AM »
Finelly

Many who were against N and A because of Rasputin claimed that Rasputin was in league with "the Jews and the Masons".....a marionette held by their strings, so to speak.

You can still find people today who believe this.  And they are generally the ones who say that Rasputin helped the Jews......which is a laugh and a half, in my opinion.
Reply #69
« on: July 09, 2005, 02:51:44 PM »
Margarita Markovna Offline
Velikye Knyaz
Call me Ritka :) Posts: 3809

View Profile WWW

If all the "predictions" are fake then why do so many people believe them? The book?

Reply #70
« on: October 29, 2005, 03:32:00 PM »
clockworkgirl21 Offline
Velikye Knyaz

View Profile

I'm sorry if this has been discussed, it probably has, but I don't know of any threads about it. I've heard it was a forgery. What language was it written in? And if Rasputin didn't write it, who did?

Reply #71
« on: October 30, 2005, 02:16:00 PM »
Annie Offline
Velikye Knyaz

View Profile WWW

A lot of people attribute it to his 'supporters', but think about who his 'supporters' were: his 'Manson family' bunch of women, Anna V., Lili Dehn, Munya Golovina, etc. I don't think they'd even think to do such a thing, and if they did wouldn't Alexandra have known?
Reply #72
« on: October 31, 2005, 01:11:54 AM »
Belochka Offline
Velikye Knyaz
City of Peter stand in all your splendor - Pushkin Posts: 4366

View Profile

Rasputin barely knew how to write.

He was considered to be illiterate.

Faces of Russia is now on Facebook!

http://www.searchfoundationinc.org/
Reply #73
« on: November 01, 2005, 01:06:09 AM »
Grigorevna Offline
"As long as a man lives, he sins" Posts: 80

View Profile

I assume the one that he is supposed to have said that the Romanovs will perish if he is murdered by their own.
Well, forgery or not. I think I remember it right - that piece of paper is now shown at the Yussopov-palace in Piter. It is written in Russian.

//Grigorevna
Reply #74
« on: November 04, 2005, 05:52:33 AM »
Annie Offline
Velikye Knyaz

View Profile WWW

If it still exists and we can see it, maybe we can trace the handwriting. I thought he did teach himself to write as an adult?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: