Author Topic: Greek royal palaces & residences  (Read 125059 times)

Offline Clemence

• Graf
    • View Profile
Re: Greek royal palaces & residences
« Reply #105 on: October 23, 2006, 05:04:26 PM »
Thank you )))
'' It used to be all girls without clothes. Now it’s all clothes with no girls. Pity.''

Offline Zanthia

• Boyar
  • "She always made other women look common"
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 14, 2006, 03:18:30 AM »
I simply can't understand why the greek authorities just don't give it back to Constantine and Anne-Marie, since they obiviously can't decide what to do with it. It's a shame it just being allowed to fall apart.  >:(
Of Alix: "I was raised in an age of beautiful women, and the two most beautiful was the Empress Elisabeth of Austria and my own mother"  George V

"We've invited all the beautiful women we know, but the Princess of Wales in the most beautiful of them all"  Bertie

Offline Svetabel

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • http://svetabella.livejournal.com/
« Reply #107 on: November 22, 2006, 08:00:46 AM »

Offline roimat

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 03, 2006, 08:34:21 AM »
Thank you so much, and yes, we will be looking forward to the photographs.  Did you find it very delapidated? What is it now, a museum?

Amelia

As i've been visiting Tatoi for over a decade, i have to say that eneryone who is interested,can visit also. You can visit the cemetary free, it is at about 2klm away from the Palace. Ofcourse, every building there is abandoned and the State isn't realy interested for anything that has to do with the Royal Family!Only last year they saw some interest to cound what is inside the Palace,but nothing is certain yet. As for the Palace,it is closed and visitors can only see it from outside.

Offline Brent (Australia)

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 30, 2007, 01:44:55 AM »
When the King was permitted to remove his possesions from Tatoi what "rules" did the Greek government apply? Was someone watching over his sholder the whole time? Was he allowed to take whatever he wanted? Did his family help him? How long did it take? Many thanks. Brent

Offline Eurohistory

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Eurohistory.com
« Reply #110 on: January 30, 2007, 08:45:26 AM »
When the King was permitted to remove his possesions from Tatoi what "rules" did the Greek government apply? Was someone watching over his sholder the whole time? Was he allowed to take whatever he wanted? Did his family help him? How long did it take? Many thanks. Brent

Actually no such thing...the Greek government sent the King containers to London...they were the ones picking and choosing!

Arturo Beéche
--
Arturo Beéche, Publisher
http://erhj.blogspot.com
European Royal History Journal
Kensington House Books
6300 Kensington Ave.
East Richmond Heights, CA 94805 USA
510/236-1730
books@eurohistory.com
http://www.eurohistory.com

Offline Iskenderbey

• Boyar
  • Zito o Vasileus!
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 30, 2007, 10:03:22 AM »
If I can add to what Arturo stated, I read somewhere that the King himself, on his own initiative, asked that officials from the Cultural Ministry be present when the containers were loaded, to make sure that there would be no future claims that he took items which didn't belong to him but to the Greek state.....foretelling, on his part, what he would later be accused of anyway.

Regards

Offline Brent (Australia)

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 31, 2007, 12:54:28 AM »
Many thanks for the clarification. Was the residence in a  bad sate of repair in 1991 when the goods were sent to the King? How long did they spend packing everything, was lots packed,  and how did the King remenber what was there?

Offline James_Davidov

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 08, 2007, 07:50:32 PM »
Tatoi should have been returned to CII, as it was a private estate, not settled with a pay out (Which as I understand it went mostly to charity on the good will of CII)

james
You are a member of the British royal family. We are never tired, and we all love hospitals.
Queen Mary

Offline Eric_Lowe

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 08, 2007, 08:24:42 PM »
Is CII going to be buried there when his time comes ?  ???

Offline Iskenderbey

• Boyar
  • Zito o Vasileus!
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 12, 2007, 02:06:55 PM »
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/06/12/AR2007061200708.html

Apparently for the 50 millionth time another Greek cultural minister is saying that Tatoi will be a museum...and the saga continues...somewhere on this board I am sure you will find a post of mine saying that this would never happen..plenty of guarantees,,but no actions...

Regards

Offline Robert_Hall

• Velikye Knyaz
  • a site.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 12, 2007, 02:14:34 PM »
A museum of or for what? Certainly not the monarchy, with the current government.
Life may not be the party we expected, but while we are here, might as well dance..

Do you want the truth, or my side of the story ?- Hank Ketchum.

Offline Iskenderbey

• Boyar
  • Zito o Vasileus!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 12, 2007, 03:00:07 PM »
A museum of or for what? Certainly not the monarchy, with the current government.

Yes a museum of the monarchy, containing all the personal items of the former royal family still remaining within the crumbling palace.  Mind you that the current government is right wing, and would pay mind to its more monarchist electorate with elections only a few months away...especially with the danger of a extreme right wing party electing members to parliament next year..

Regards

Offline Robert_Hall

• Velikye Knyaz
  • a site.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 12, 2007, 05:51:24 PM »
I am, gobsmacked! Considering all that has been sold and or taken away, what is there left to display?
Life may not be the party we expected, but while we are here, might as well dance..

Do you want the truth, or my side of the story ?- Hank Ketchum.

Offline Ilias_of_John

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 12, 2007, 06:07:32 PM »
From what I understand there are still some objects of minimal intrisic value there.The whole reason why this issue has crept up again is for the fact that there is an election coming up and the current govt. is trying to shore up right wing votes.The serious point is how can you have a cultural museum  displaying objects of art when the goverment has systematically gone about destroying and denying the heritage and culture of Greece that this very building represents?
Honour all men.
Love the brotherhood.
Fear God.
Honour the king.
1 Peter 2:17