Author Topic: The Fiat Truck  (Read 3752 times)

Offline blessOTMA

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Tell me the truth, monsieur
    • View Profile
    • Stay at Home Artist
The Fiat Truck
« on: May 03, 2012, 02:48:35 AM »
I have read the fiat truck that took the family's and the four other's  remains away from Ipatiev House was  simply a truck , without a cover over its cargo bay ....then I've seen photos that show a canopy, that is , a canvas cover for the truck's cargo bay .

http://www.searchfoundationinc.org/Truck_that_carried_Romanov_Remains.jpg

When they say " this is the truck" , do they mean the model? What is the consensus ? Cover or no ...Thank you

"Give my love to all who remember me."

Olga Nikolaevna

Offline blessOTMA

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Stay at Home Artist
Re: The Fiat Truck
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2012, 11:46:08 PM »
hmmm 42 reads , but no answer...must be a truck thread I missed! lol!

Olga Nikolaevna

Offline Sunny

• Knyaz
  • Царь Николай, твоё имя - любовь
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2012, 09:44:19 AM »
I have read the fiat truck that took the family's and the four other's  remains away from Ipatiev House was  simply a truck , without a cover over its cargo bay ....then I've seen photos that show a canopy, that is , a canvas cover for the truck's cargo bay .

Could it be possibile that it arrived ad the IH without  a canvas and they put it on AFTER the murder, after putting the corpses on?

When they say " this is the truck" , do they mean the model?

IMHO they mean the one in thephoto is a truck of the same model. It was a FIAT, and FIAT have always been known for building more than one car or vehicle of the same model, even in the early XX century. I doubt the one in the photo is exactly THAT one (it had so many damages during the days in which Jurovskij treid to destroy the corpses...)
Please visit my site
http://thelostworldofnaotmaa.wordpress.com/

Banner courtesy of GD Ally

Offline blessOTMA

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Stay at Home Artist
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2012, 10:03:33 AM »
Could it be possible that it arrived ad the IH without  a canvas and they put it on AFTER the murder, after putting the corpses on?
That wouldn't seem to fit with the group of unprepared numb skulls who were handling the entire affair ....the," had one shovel crowd " lol. But it's not impossible of course.
IMHO they mean the one in the photo is a truck of the same model. It was a FIAT, and FIAT have always been known for building more than one car or vehicle of the same model, even in the early XX century. 
I agree ...thank you for that information ! I'm leaning towards an open truck at this point

Olga Nikolaevna

Offline Rodney_G.

• Knyaz
  • an angel .....and the best of them
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2012, 01:04:11 PM »
This is a photo of the same Fiat model of the truck carrying the IF bodies, not the actual truck itself. None of the Bolshevik murderers or the Ural Soviet hierarchy would have been interested in documenting such a truck and I doubt other parties (like the Whites) had the opportunity to do so. As you can see the cover of the main body of the truck is canvas and removable, with rope ties. It would have been hard to load the actual truck with the Romanov and the other four  bodies with the top in place. But also, three other Bolshevik guards would have been seated or standing on top of them on the trip away from the IH and that wouldn't work well with the cover on.
Rodney G.

Offline darius

• Graf
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2012, 02:58:59 PM »
Wasnīt it documented that the bodies were covered with the tarpaulin?  ie.  Perhaps the canopy was not placed on itīs frame, just laid on top of the corpses in order to hide the grisly load.

Offline blessOTMA

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Stay at Home Artist
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2012, 08:47:09 PM »
An open crago bay with a cover over the bodies makes sense, thanks everyone

Olga Nikolaevna