Author Topic: If you had time-machine in which era would you return?  (Read 24182 times)

Offline Royal Bulgaria

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
If you had time-machine in which era would you return?
« on: August 08, 2009, 06:26:51 AM »
It's  interesting to know from you guys when would you like to be born?And which historical charackter life you would like to take or to make your own one?It's just for fun....And what would you like to do?
Example of me

I would like to be born around 1895-96 and i would be young lady in the early 20's 30's i would also like to be a lady in waiting in some court....From Russia to Bulgaria...
Fear knocked at the door. Faith answered. No one was there.

RomanovsFan4Ever

Re: If you had time-machine in which era would you return?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2009, 09:31:46 AM »
Interesting question!

Well, I think that I would return in Russia during the Tsarist era, maybe during the time of Emperor Alexander I or Emperor Alexander II.
I'm undecided about the character, maybe I would like to be an artist (a poet or a painter).

Offline Royal Bulgaria

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2009, 09:34:03 AM »
Oh my dream is to be personal lady in waiting to the Bulgarian queen...so that way i will know many politicals and etc....i will travel

But your is quite interesting answer....Where would you live (in which town)?

RomanovsFan4Ever

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2009, 09:39:39 AM »
Where would you live (in which town)?

I think in St. Petersburg...it's indeed my favorite city.

Offline Royal Bulgaria

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2009, 09:46:12 AM »
I will be again in Sofia and the other palaces around haha

Offline Carolath Habsburg

• Velikye Knyaz
  • As seen on TUMBLR!
    • View Profile
    • Victorian & edwardian roleplay in spanish!
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2009, 10:39:54 AM »
Hmm  i have tons of places i d like to go if i got a tyime machine..but..

I d like to go to the 1890s with  a cure for GD Georgiy Alexandrovich`s disease and also have "blue blood" to marry him *0*

Courtesy of Grand Duchess Ally

"...Пусть он землю бережет родную, А любовь Катюша сбережет....". Grand Duchess Ekaterina Fyodorovna to Grand Duke Georgiy Alexandrovich. 1914

Join the cause "We want an Ignore button

Offline imperial angel

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2009, 10:57:02 AM »
I would have liked to be born around 1900 and to have been young in the 1920s- that's my favorite era. I'm not sure which historical character.. I guess I would have liked to have been a flapper, like Zelda Fitzgerald, although her life ended sadly.

Offline rosieposie

• Graf
  • Eva Duarte de Peron, May 7 1919 - July 26 1952
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2009, 12:15:23 PM »
I would like to be born during the Victorian era although mixed blankets was frowned upon.  Because I am of mixed race and most likely would have ended up as a servant and being with my master haha.

My  boyfriend is cacuasian and yeah he has a beard and now short hair so I have fantasies of being in that time period maybe 1880s. I love corsets and he helps tie them for me. 

Although I wouldn't want to have children as the goverment would take them.   I'm in Australia.
Beautiful faithful Nargony.
Thanks Emily!

Miranda:" Everything begins and ends at exactly the right time and place."
"Picnic at Hanging Rock" (1975) Movie.

Offline Ally Kumari

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Imperial Russia
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2009, 09:32:55 AM »
I think that for a little while I´de love to see the life in Alexander palace before revolution of course, but it would be just as thrilling to visit Prague sometime in 13th century. I´d love to have a talk with Princess Anezhka. The most amazing woman in our history. She could have been an Empress or Queen, but refused all that and entered the convent. She even refused to be the mother superior, so humble and pious she was.

Offline GDLynn

• AnastasiaNRfan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2009, 09:47:44 PM »
that's a hard question. I think there are two era's I'd like to go to.

One, as most here, I'd love to go back to either to Russia in the 1900's when Nicholas was Czar or to the 1600's when Peter the great was Czar. I love them both and would love to see them at their prime. and to see Alexander Palace in its prime too! even if I had to be a maid or something, it would be worth it...

Two, I'd like to go to the 1500's. To the time of Henry VIII, I'd love to be a lady in waiting to one of the six Queen's (either Katherine Of Aragon or Anne Boleyn). or at least go to court.

Lynn

Offline Olga Maria

• Velikye Knyaz
  • 1 Corinthians 13, Mark 11: 23-24, Romans 8: 38-39
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2009, 03:34:55 AM »
I love that question, Ells! So my answers are…
I want to go back to 1899 and be born on May 25! That would make me a month and day older than Grand Duchess Maria Nikolaevna, eh? I like to be a daughter of Sophie Buxhoeveden and be named “Veronika”. I want it that way as my mama’s a lady-in-waiting, I’ll have the chance of mingling with OTMAA! If Alix and my mama Sophie would mind, I’d be the best friend of OTMA…and join them in everything!!! That is much fun! I also like the hairstyle and the fashion. (the fact now is that I wear my pajama, pants or long skirts up to the waist like people form that time do!) Sorry for the exclamation points.

The second one is the 1980’s. I just love almost all the music then that I’d want to know what it feels to have your most favorite song on the top one of a hit chart!

Amazing colored fotos  by the most wonderful Yelena Aleksandrovna. Endless thank you very much!

Offline Imperial_Grounds

• Knyaz
  • Your Memory Keeps Me Alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2009, 07:49:49 AM »
That is a hard one....

Probably between 1770 and 1940(noàt in one lifetime of course :))

I would love to live in France before the revolution, so around the 1770's
Also this goes for pre-revolutionary Russia,
and in the period of 1853-1898 in Austria, just such a fascinating time.
and last, but not least I would love to live in Belium during the days of Queen Astrid - it was said to be "our golden time"

Of course I would prefer to live as member of the aristocracy, but that would hardly be the case,
so I would go for the burgeosie-class,

Learn To Live With My Darker Side

Offline nena

• Velikye Knyaz
  • But every spring smells like you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2009, 05:34:15 PM »
In my case -- Every time I get online at Alexander Palace Time Machine, I feel somehow returned back throughout mysterious, surrounded by darkness and heavy clouds, halls and rooms of this Palace, whose places clearly remind me on some happier days IF spent at Tsarskoe Selo, prior to World War the First.

I'd like to be returned in those 'happier times' (if those can be called so) between 1890s and 1914 -- I would love to accompany IF on all their trips they did.  

And, of course, would love to spend last Tsarist summer, with Aleksei Nicholaievich, aboard the yacht along the Dnieper River in 1916.

Now enough about my ’Russophilia’. Let’s try another times and countries.

I would love to visit (chronologically) – Ancient Egypt, to meet some Pharaohs and to see pyramid's buildings in process. And to meet legendary Cleopatra.
But before this, I must see Thermophile battle with Leonida and his 300 brave Spartans, and Greece's buildings on Acropolis, in very first stadium of building.  

Also would love (thoughout medieval epoch) to meet famous Joan of Arc. Then quickly to come to Serbia's early XX century, to meet Queen Draga and then to meet Queen Astrid of Belgium, who was an amazing Queen, and she didn't deserve anything bad she got.

And , I would love to be poet, and witness in all those famous historical events.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 05:40:16 PM by nena »
-Ars longa, vita brevis -
Mathematics, art and history in ♥

Offline Royal Bulgaria

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2009, 05:45:12 PM »
What wonderful answers everyone.... Congrats...
And let us still hope time machine will be invent....And we to be returned in time...

Anastasia Spalko

« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2009, 07:08:25 PM »
Ha ha... As my friends at school knkow, I'd be back living the life as a maid to Alexandra Feodorovna, my favorite historical figure ever. ^-^  They call me obsessed, but then they slowly take an interest in the Romanovs too.  To think this all started by me reading a little book on Anastasia....