Author Topic: If you had time-machine in which era would you return?  (Read 25012 times)

Offline Imperial_Grounds

• Knyaz
  • Your Memory Keeps Me Alive
    • View Profile
Re: If you had time-machine in which era would you return?
« Reply #60 on: August 23, 2009, 07:19:37 AM »
At this moment I am thinking "why go to another era to see the past? I'd rather go there to run from this life." Quite a weird thought isn't it... But that's how I feel at this moment, I can't really explain why, I just feel like that.

But I'm going off topic again...
Learn To Live With My Darker Side

Offline Marie-Mathilde

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 23, 2009, 12:12:23 PM »
No, I know what you mean. One of the reasons I would like to go back to the past, is that it looks a little more safer, as if people were in more control of their destiny. I know so many atrocious things happened in the past but I feel that the people felt they had an importance when they came together and were more willing to make a stand. Nowadays I feel that we are too complacent and just let things happen. I'm not making any sense, sorry. I must sound like a typical Brit, just complaining about my lot in life and getting all nostalgic! But I don't know what it is, I just feel that in recent years more and more of us have a pessimistic outlook on the future as it looks so uncertain. There really is a sense of impending doom and a feeling that something big is about to happen, we just don't know what.

Anastasia Spalko

« Reply #62 on: August 24, 2009, 04:19:58 PM »
I concur.  I'm scared the future will hold something terrible.  I want my Romanovs! :'(

Offline Royal Bulgaria

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 24, 2009, 04:33:16 PM »
I concur.  I'm scared the future will hold something terrible.  I want my Romanovs! :'(

Well don't forget there were other royals also...so by wanting The Romanov's you should also want the others....and from political side it's sad to be tell but by this time now Russians thanks to Lenin and Stalin live like normal people they are not poor anymore....This is the bad side of Nicholas's ruling ... the Russian people remained poor under his ruling....

And you can't say it was in the whole world like this...no.... to what i've read by that time before the war Bulgaria 60% of it lived normal...but we are small country...and our tsar was different...he was mean human but he did many things for Bulgaria and in by his time you can't see nothing that will remind you that before few years we were under Turkish slavery...
Fear knocked at the door. Faith answered. No one was there.

Offline Royal Bulgaria

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 24, 2009, 04:35:14 PM »
No, I know what you mean. One of the reasons I would like to go back to the past, is that it looks a little more safer, as if people were in more control of their destiny. I know so many atrocious things happened in the past but I feel that the people felt they had an importance when they came together and were more willing to make a stand. Nowadays I feel that we are too complacent and just let things happen. I'm not making any sense, sorry. I must sound like a typical Brit, just complaining about my lot in life and getting all nostalgic! But I don't know what it is, I just feel that in recent years more and more of us have a pessimistic outlook on the future as it looks so uncertain. There really is a sense of impending doom and a feeling that something big is about to happen, we just don't know what.

Well things in the past were different as we all know....in the past the love for the family,the church and other things were above all...so in these days i can't say that all people live for something...they just exist...and i don't want to exist but to live....day for day like the other won't come

Offline perkinwarbeck

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 24, 2009, 05:57:24 PM »
Born in the 1820's and a young man in the 1840's in the United States. That era of canal building, and western gold rush trails out to California. A graceful, yet more vigorous period than today.

Anastasia Spalko

« Reply #66 on: August 25, 2009, 03:16:17 PM »
Well don't forget there were other royals also...so by wanting The Romanov's you should also want the others.

I'm sorry, but the Romanovs are my favorites, and I have no clue why. I can live without the Hohenzollerns, Hapsburgs (with the exception of Empress Sissi), and anyone else besides the British and Thai families (not to say I dislike them, I just can live without them).  If history changed and the Romanovs didn't exist, I'd die in a heartbeat.  I'm obsessed!  The reason I joined this site was to get more knowledge about them and hope I'm not the only one on this planet whose life practically revolves around them.  And to think I want to be a politician when i grow up.... 

Offline Royal Bulgaria

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 25, 2009, 03:21:28 PM »
With time you will have interest in other royals i'm sure....before 5 years i was saying the same...now looked at me....I adore Habsburgs Tudors Italian Royal Families Bulgarian Royal family even Benelux....
And your interest can change with time...i wanted to ride horses at 10 before one year i wanted veterinarian and now i finally stoped for now on theatre....so history and politics walk hand by hand....and i also like politics but it's dirty game...

Offline Ladytaksa

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 25, 2009, 04:56:53 PM »
1909-1913.

1917. it would have been interesting to look at this chaos and feeling of something irreversible. but I think one day is enough for this.

1920s in Paris.

Offline Royal Bulgaria

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 25, 2009, 05:24:19 PM »
Yes i would also like to return in 1874 here in Bulgaria until 1876 to see "the April's revolt"

Anastasia Spalko

« Reply #70 on: August 25, 2009, 06:44:28 PM »
With time you will have interest in other royals i'm sure....before 5 years i was saying the same...now looked at me....I adore Habsburgs Tudors Italian Royal Families Bulgarian Royal family even Benelux....
And your interest can change with time...i wanted to ride horses at 10 before one year i wanted veterinarian and now i finally stoped for now on theatre....so history and politics walk hand by hand....and i also like politics but it's dirty game...

I'm young.  I'll change hopefully.  People think I'm so weird: an honest politician who likes autocrats.

Offline Olga Maria

• Velikye Knyaz
  • 1 Corinthians 13, Mark 11: 23-24, Romans 8: 38-39
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 26, 2009, 12:22:06 AM »
I'm young.  I'll change hopefully.  People think I'm so weird: an honest politician who likes autocrats.

Autocrats like?

Aww. Have gone to  the library earlier to research for my assignment but alas! I saw a book guide to Russia and drowned myself in reading it instead of doing that boring assignment (or home work). There are many pictures of the Tsarskoe Selo and Peterfof Palace there! Wee!

Amazing colored fotos  by the most wonderful Yelena Aleksandrovna. Endless thank you very much!

Offline KarlandZita

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Mama Regina Elena
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 26, 2009, 04:08:04 AM »
Like many members of this forum, I would have preferred to live another day today. I am nostalgic of the past where people, even the poor, really took the time to live and really relished the few things they owned. I also like the past where the royal families had performed less worthy today. I wanted to live in Serbia early twentieth century in order to even remotely see my idol King Peter I of Serbia. The ideal was to be a man at the court in Belgrade, in order to serve my King with dedication and loyalty.
Reginei Mama Elena a Romaniei

Anastasia Spalko

« Reply #73 on: August 26, 2009, 04:59:34 PM »
Life today is stressful and complicated.  I want to go back to a time when life was so much simpler and filled with precious moments.

Offline Royal Bulgaria

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 26, 2009, 05:17:28 PM »
Again there isn't such time...even before the war other problems got...So if you are not rich you will live poor and probably die from disease...like tuberculosis or typhus....because this diseases disappered in the end of World War II