Author Topic: Ella and Zinaida Yussupova (photos)  (Read 74135 times)

Offline ashanti01

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
Re: Ella and Zinaida Yussupova (photos)
« Reply #60 on: June 08, 2010, 11:14:51 AM »

Ella and unknown man behind her, Zenaida, and Serge

Offline Eric_Lowe

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 08, 2010, 12:53:01 PM »
If I am not mistaken, this photo was posted before ?

Offline ashanti01

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 08, 2010, 05:04:11 PM »
It's been posted on other threads but not this one.

Offline Sasha_Katerina

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 08, 2010, 05:30:34 PM »
Interesting, I wonder if Felix Sr and Ella got along well, as Felix Jr mentions in his memoir Ella was like a second mother to him

Offline Eric_Lowe

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 09, 2010, 09:26:10 AM »
Yes...yet he dislike Serge very much. He dislike him touching him. Maybe Felix is not telling all...

Offline ashanti01

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 30, 2010, 03:54:01 PM »
No Princess Youssoupoff, but you do see Prince Felix Youssoupoff Sr in the back of the group. Grand Duke Serge and Grand Duchess Elizabeth sitting in the front.

Offline perdita

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 21, 2012, 11:59:51 AM »
Yes...yet he dislike Serge very much. He dislike him touching him. Maybe Felix is not telling all...

Not true. Felix Yusupov (i.e., slimy and sub-normal) wrote that Serge disliked it when he (Felix) TOUCHED HIM.

True, Yusupov had no liking for Serge & wrote that he could not abide the way Serge "stared" at him. On the other hand, Queen Marie of Rumania wrote that Serge ("our chosen favorite") scrutinized everyone with eyes "steely grey and with pupils that could narrow like those of a cat, till they become mere pinpoints, and then there was something almost menacing about him." Queen Marie noted that Serge was, by far, the most "frightening" of the grand dukes. Marie Pavlova the younger agreed. No doubt Yusupov found Serge unsympathetic and off putting.

Arguably, it was Serge who thought the aberrant and sissified Yusupov strange--or perhaps disapproved of him (with reason).  Not surprisingly, Felix would one day become an unrepentent murderer who bragged, marketed, and profiteered off his kill. Even Yusupov's closest friend the Grand Duke Dmitri fell out with him as a result of his dishonerable behavior.

By the way, unlike the Grand Duke Serge, very few of Yusupov's relations or acquaintances stipulated that they liked or respected Felix Yusupov. No wonder.

Zinaida Yussupov was a great friend of the Grand Duke Serge & was a frequent guest in his house.

Offline perdita

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 21, 2012, 12:25:18 PM »
Quote from: Eric_Lowe "Maybe Felix is not telling all..."
[/quote

No one would accuse Yussupov of discretion. There was very little Rasputin's killer did not blab for cash. Certianly, he had no reason to spare the hated & vilified Grand Duke Serge,--infamous ogre to his adored & martyred Ella.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 12:34:39 PM by perdita »

Offline Eric_Lowe

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 21, 2012, 03:03:38 PM »
I think Felix felt intimidated by his "cold" stare, while Serge was not amused when the boy touched "his corset".

Offline Robert_Hall

• Velikye Knyaz
  • a site.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 21, 2012, 04:23:33 PM »
I am not defending Felix here, but what makes him so "slimy, ssisfied & sub-normal" ? Who's words are those ?
Life may not be the party we expected, but while we are here, might as well dance..

Do you want the truth, or my side of the story ?- Hank Ketchum.

Offline Eric_Lowe

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 21, 2012, 10:46:53 PM »
I think Pedita...I haven't seen these words used on Felix, most certainly not from the Imperial or Royal Family. However he was a strange bird though.

Vanya Ivanova

« Reply #71 on: June 22, 2012, 05:54:41 AM »
Im so glad Perdita, that someone has finally pointed out that Felix Yussopov was nothing but a cold blooded murderer of an unarmed, defenseless individual and that he spent the rest of his debased, venal life basking in the (quite frankly sick) glory he imagined this act gave him. In my opinion he is exactly the same as Petr Ermakov.

His sexuality, whatever it was, in my opinion is an irrelevance and his own business, it was his obvious enjoyment of the pre meditated killing of another human being that makes him so disgusting.

Offline Eric_Lowe

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 22, 2012, 08:43:34 AM »
I don't think about it like that. Felix had a "thing" going with Rasputin (not a likable human being either) and his memoirs indicated such, as he later recanted his story that it was he who was the attraction that fateful night and not his wife Irina, who was away anyway. Dmitri was drawn to Felix and a sense of loyalty to the crown to do this. I agree the murder was horrific, but the victim and his murderers were not innocent either.   

Vanya Ivanova

« Reply #73 on: June 22, 2012, 09:14:15 AM »
Rasputin was no saint of course, he was undoubtedly a debauched and an opportunist, however he was not violent, his direct actions did not lead to anyone being physically harmed or killed and whatever his motivation for accepting Yussopov's invitation, he went to the Moilka Palace alone and unarmed. Are you actually saying he deserved what he got?

I entirely fail to see how either Yussopov or Rasputin's sexual proclivities are of any relevance. Yussopov organised a murder, participated in it and then spent the rest of his life bragging about it. The so called political motivations for the crime were extremely spurious. Murder can never be justified under any circumstances what so ever. It was not self defense, or manslaughter.  What happened to Rasputin was pre-meditated murder.

Offline Eric_Lowe

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 22, 2012, 09:20:02 AM »
Well...People commit murder in the name of religion and patriotism every day. The royalist felt Rasputin was dragging the Romanov dynasty down with his control of the government through the Empress. Grand Duchess Elisabeth Feodorovna (the saint) congratulated Felix & Dmitri for their patriotic deed and so did the public opinion in Russia. The murder was politically motivated there is no doubt and supported by members of the Russian Imperial Family. This is no lone wolf attempt on Felix's part.